(?) Using ingame macro for crafting with miqo

Forum Forums Grids and Presets (?) Using ingame macro for crafting with miqo

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Faziner
    Participant

So, there is crafting solver and crafting simulators online that generate macro-comans ingame. But it not very friendly with miqobot because ability delay works even before first time pressing botton, and if there are little ability delay miqo will call macros few times and thing wil go broke.
    Is thee a way for good usage on 3rd party macro-solvers and miqo?

spellure
    Participant

It took me a bit of research but this is what i ended up doing:

I created a new macro in miqobot and under the crafting tab i unchecked use solver. I named it “21 steps” and this is my macro:

Basically it clicks on the hotbar that the macro is on, and then it waits 21 actions (once per comma) before doing it again. 🙂

Meowmix
    Meowmix
    Participant

There’s one other way, but I just cannot make it work reliably. It’s not a fault with Miqo either, bc it works when it works ( on Miqo’s side) just something with the game interface throws it off half the time.

So this only works in theory and only half the time in practice:

1.) Ok the idea is: have a macro or two made, put them on a hotbar, assign those hotbar slots containing the macros some hotkeys in the game UI keybind settings. I like to use the F keys like F2 through F12 for macros for personal use.

2.) Then, you gotta know how long each macro takes, say for crafting a 6.0 item HQ or 6.15 item HQ your macros might take 40 seconds and 18 seconds.

3.) Now you make a scenario in Miqo specific to your particular needs, there’s no way to really share and use someone elses bc your times will be different for your gear and macros, your hotkeys different, etc etc etc.
    -> but the idea of the scenario is
    –> first you have already opened your Crafting Log and selected mats and clicked craft so it enters the crafting mode
    —> this is so subsequent crafts will reselect the same recipe

4.) then you design your scenario to sendkey(_) and afkfor(_) for the hotkeys set to the macro and for the durations needed for them to complete. And then sendkey(0) a few time when it’s done to start another craft and begin again.
    It would end up looking something like:

// Begin macros

afkFor(00:00:02)

// Macro 1 (duration)
    key(F5)
    afkFor(00:00:44)
    // Macro 2 (duration)
    key(F6)
    afkFor(00:00:20)

afkFor(00:00:03)

// Start another craft
    key(num0, 2)
    key(num0, 2)
    key(num0, 2)
    key(num0, 2)
    key(num0, 2)

repeatChapter(55) 

5.) This example sends a hotkey press F5 and waits 44 seconds for it to complete, then sends a hotkey press F6 and waits 20 seconds for it to complete. The few 3 second afk’s are just a safety buffer for lag or whatever. At this point a craft should be complete and back at the recipe window. Now it sends a few num0 keys to select and begin again, the game will naturally reselect your previous craft.

6.) That’s your craft chapter in theory, it probably should have a chapter before it to eat food twice, a chapter after it to repeair and extract, and the a repeatAll(99) or whatever.

In theory this is awesome, but the game UI somehow just screws up half the time and it won’t begin another craft half the time. Miqo will send the macros, but it won’t do anything and make the game error noise, but will try again after both macros are done. Sometimes the game will begin the craft the next time just fine.

Just one of those weird things, so I do not recommend this at all, it’s more a proof of concept on paper. Again Miqo performs fine, it’s the redoing a craft where it hangs on the game side I haven’t figured out.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Do NOT use ingame macros with miqobot. The only exception to this is, when you need to have a skill which doesn’t advance the craft step count, as mentioned here for example:

Yes, Final Appraisal does not advance the synthesis step and may indeed break your macro.
    However, there is a simple workaround for that. Please create the following ingame macro and put it on your hotbar instead of Final Appraisal:

/ac "Final Appraisal" <wait.2>
    /ac "Delicate Synthesis"

Please replace Delicate Synthesis with the action that comes next in your rotation.
    This macro will execute two actions at the same step and will advance the synthesis correctly.

Please note that this workaround is not required for Crafting Solver. The solver is fully capable of handling Final Appraisal as intended.

Instead use the Miqobot Macros, by unchecking the use checkbox on the crafting tab. Then you can enter the keystrokes for each step separated by a ,. You can then also use this macro in a Scenario with the craftMacro() function. If you don’t want to manually import your ingame macros to miqo, then you might can use this: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/crafting-macro-converter/ . I didn’t tested it though.

For a Scenario using macros, you might find another post from me helpful: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/crafting-works-for-the-most-part/#post-34938

Miqo Macros are safe to use, don’t suffer from connection delay or other stuff. You even can start it at any specific step and it will continue at the right spot.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.