Trust Dugeon Roadmap Suggestion

Forum Forums Discussion Trust Dugeon Roadmap Suggestion

This topic contains 23 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  pussyfoot 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

AirForceOne
    Participant

Just wanted to throw out this idea again as I did at the start of ShB. In the development roadmap, Trust Dungeon support for the level 81 dungeon is shown as high priority for trust dungeons. However, this would add 0 functionality to the bot, since we already have a way of leveling – albeit twice as slow – with The Qitana Ravel. However, if the level 90 trust dungeon is implemented, we’d have a way of capping weekly tomestones, endlessly farming tomes of aphorism to buy potion/gear crafting mats, and a safe way of spiritbonding lvl 90 gear to farm materia through extraction. Since we’d be playing with trusts, there isn’t even a need to implement the level 90 rotations, since it’s not like an NPC is gonna report you for botting for just using a 1-2-3 rotation. In ShB, we had to wait until almost 5.4 for the bot to let us farm tomestones, while we got 2 leveling dungeons implemented way before that, even though we could have already leveled using squadrons (again, at a much slower pace, but doable nonetheless).

edgedy
    Participant
    2+

I still feel like 81 is a good decision, the only argument I have is that we do 81, 85, and 89. I feel like last time the 5.3 patch is the best time to add the 90 dungeon for weekly because the sooner you add the 90 one the less effective it becomes over the course of an expansion.

I.E. 50/run becomes 30 eventually, and even less as they add new dungeons.

Adding 89 to the mix will also make it so in 7.0 we can run 89 instead of 85 for the next expansion.

AirForceOne
    Participant
    1+

And the leveling dungeons become irrelevant after literally 10 days when you cap everything. It’s about 82 million exp to get from 80 to 90, with armory bonus, Qitana gives 1.175 million exp, which means ~70 runs of Qitana, or about 30 hours of botting. The 81 dungeon gives 2.4 million, so about 34 runs, or 17 hours of botting. You’d be wasting development resources to save yourself 13 hours of watching Netflix/sleeping while the bot levels for you, as opposed to implementing something that lets you farm materia and tomestones endlessly, both of which are highly valuable resources. Materia is literally useless right now cause savage and pentamelding isn’t even out and it’s still selling for 50-80k a pop in the bigger servers. Crafted raid gear and potions both use materials only obtainable through tomestones. And if we don’t have a way of farming the weekly tomestones, we’ll have to run the same old expert roulette every day manually.

It’s true that lvl 90 dungeons lose value as time goes on, but it takes AT LEAST 3 months for it to drop to 50, and 6 for it to drop to 30, whereas leveling dungeons become completely useless within literally less than 2 weeks since that’s all it takes to max every job. Shit, I guarantee you they’ll be useless literally the day they get implemented, because by then (roadmap says leveling dungeons are months from now) everyone using this bot will have already have everything maxed using Qitana. Leveling dungeons would add literally 0 functionality to the bot, am I being stupid for thinking that’s just a straight up fact that’s not up for debate?

ps34pc
    Participant

I still feel like 81 is a good decision, the only argument I have is that we do 81, 85, and 89. I feel like last time the 5.3 patch is the best time to add the 90 dungeon for weekly because the sooner you add the 90 one the less effective it becomes over the course of an expansion.

I.E. 50/run becomes 30 eventually, and even less as they add new dungeons.

Adding 89 to the mix will also make it so in 7.0 we can run 89 instead of 85 for the next expansion.

Adding the 89 is a great idea

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you for your suggestion.
    We will consider your proposal.

Unforunately, as we already mentioned in the roadmap thread, all players need different features and they usually need them as soon as possible. And we can not implement them all at once.
    So no matter what we say or do, the majority of the community will be disappointed by our decisions.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Thank you for your suggestion.
    We will consider your proposal.

Unforunately, as we already mentioned in the roadmap thread, all players need different features and they usually need them as soon as possible. And we can not implement them all at once.
    So no matter what we say or do, the majority of the community will be disappointed by our decisions.

This^
    Personally, I would love to see ARF farming implemented first (lots of poetics!), but that won’t be happening.

Weiss
    Participant

Hello,

I dont know if its a good place to ask, but as it concerns trust farming i put my question here ๐Ÿ™‚

I use a scenario for leveling my job with trust system and in this scenario, every three runs my character go automaticaly deliver the gear looted to the Twins Adders guy to earn company seals.

I’d like to add some lines in the scenario for my character buy the new ARR / Stormblood box added in the 6.0 after delivering the loots and not beeing capped with my seals. But i tried a few scenarios that i found on the forum but nothing worked ๐Ÿ™

Someone could help me to do this or have a working scenario to share please?

Sorry if my question is not cristal clear, english is not my first langage ๐Ÿ™

Thanks you ๐Ÿ™‚

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    1+

A better place to ask this is in the Grids and Presets section if I’m not mistaken.

Grids and Presets

Much Thicc
    Participant
    6+

Leveling dungeons would add literally 0 functionality to the bot, am I being stupid for thinking thatโ€™s just a straight up fact thatโ€™s not up for debate?

Adding a level 90 dungeon also adds zero functionality to the bot. The addition of the 81 dungeon is for longevity. We only will be farming aphorism for the duration of Endwalker, but the 81 dungeon to level alt jobs will remain a useful function for the lifetime of Miqo.

Your take also blatantly ignores any new users interested in using the bot, in favor of opportunistically benefitting on a temporary currency. Aphorism is also widely available through relatively effortless means. We have hunt trains running all day every day that get you capped on aphorism extremely quickly.

Personally, I would rather see the quality of life changes that have been constantly on the list for a long time that always get pushed to the back as miqo attempts to keep up with the content drip and remain relevant. But if I were to choose between the 81 dungeon and the 90 dungeon, it would definitely be the 81 dungeon.

zeroshadow
    Participant

Personally, I would rather see the quality of life changes that have been constantly on the list for a long time that always get pushed to the back as miqo attempts to keep up with the content drip and remain relevant.

Ah, I would kinda agree with this.

For instance, I feel like any kind of Triple Triad functionality would require minimal upkeep once implemented, and will always add value every patch.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  zeroshadow.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by  zeroshadow.
    soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Personally, I would rather see the quality of life changes that have been constantly on the list for a long time that always get pushed to the back as miqo attempts to keep up with the content drip and remain relevant.

Ah, I would kinda agree with this.

For instance, I feel like any kind of Triple Triad functionality would require minimal upkeep once implemented, and will always add value every patch.

There is even an open source Triple Triad solver thing that could be used as the base for that. It isn’t perfect, but it is very efficient already.

albryant
    albryant
    Participant

Considering the time and development costs it takes to implement just one trust dungeon, whether for leveling or tomestome farming, having 3 separate Endwalker leveling dungeons feels like an absolute obscene use of the Miqo team’s finite resources. 1,000% against this idea.

dana
    Participant

Maybe we could take it up to a vote regarding dungeon support for endwalker, if it comes to that. And then we can get back to improving QoL <3 , after miqo gets everything running for lev 90 ofc.

DAL41123
    Participant

Couple of things i want to point out as a user for several years now. Trusts and squads is a relative new feature in terms of all the features miqo has available. those of us without a developer background may not realize that implementing something the first time takes the longest, once youve done it once or twice you learn ways to make improvements, abstracting things away, ect. These things make development faster, and since miqo has something like 8 dungeon profiles now, another 3 wont be nearly as long a wait as say refactoring miqo’s crafting routine which has to be done as well. Ultimately what we as users need to do is be patient and appreciate how well implemented miqo is even in her current state. <3

uwu
    Participant
    4+

81 give the most IMO. Its not just 13 hours saved. Its 13 hours per job for those of us that get all of them to 90. The 90 dungeon to farm seals is cool and all, but with weekly caps on the top tier it should no be a priority over the 81 dungeon. I would say 81, then 90, then 89 in that order.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.