Too quiet

Forum Forums Discussion Too quiet

This topic contains 19 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Ral Ral 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    3+

The forums are so quiet now. It is sad for the new people that need help or comes here to read something. I for one come here every morning to see what is new or old, just to read something. What happened to these forums?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Russkiy mir happened. Russia destroyed power plants in Ukraine and Miqo devs cant post updates anymore. And without updates theres not much to discuss. So these forums will simply die.

This is what happens to everything russia touches.

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    1+

I meant for the people here that post themselves. Like you and many others. It has been 3 days since someone posted something last week. It is just too quiet. I know way too much about what is going on in Russia and pray for the Devs and Ukrainians every day.

1+

There is not much to be said, we all hope the devs can somehow make it. However is a gloomy moment for us all. Sometimes silence speaks more than words. I usually pop my heah daily and see many more do so, however the silence remains.

I guess we are all just waiting and hoping some good news will pop in here.

Morrik
    Participant

Same. I’m hoping Miqo and Ai are alright and will eventually get settled into a safe and reliable area.

junkie1977
    Participant
    5+

Russkiy mir happened. Russia destroyed power plants in Ukraine and Miqo devs cant post updates anymore. And without updates theres not much to discuss. So these forums will simply die.

This is what happens to everything russia touches.

I wouldn’t say the forums will die. Expect the forums to be sort of busy by early January when patch 6.3 lands, with folks asking when there will be an update, even though they themselves already knows exactly the answer.

There is a lot done by Miqo with its current working status. Sure, many folks are still waiting updates to classes living in the lvl80 days, some new classes or those classes completely changed and unplayable as of today (SGE/SMN, looking at you both). Maybe some more modern duties/alternatives to run with trusts/duty support as well. However, Final Fantasy 14 as a game is somewhat quiet as well.

Now, the forums won’t die until folks are still using Miqo. This place is a treasure trove of scenarios, navigation, waypoints, gathering and crafting data you don’t get with the base Miqo: those are all community driven data that can only be found here. Unless SqE updates things, all that’s working today will keep working, so Miqo users are just busy using what is already out here.

And back to your opening statement, quiet forums is a blessing in disguise for Miqo developers. Hope Russia realizes the world has changed, and they should look for other ways to be proud of, instead of trying to change the future by going back to the past and claim glory by blood.

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    3+

Well said @junkie1977. Thank you for posting this especially for any new people still learning Miqo. I for one use Miqo as is and am very happy.

Viperfeet
    Participant
    3+

Really hope the devs are alright. Worried about 6.3 breaking things for a long period of time, but not really much you can do eh?

It has been nothing short of a miracle that, between the little people that made it, our devs were able to continue not only existing in this conditions but updating this project at the same time.
    At this point I just will do the best I can with the time miqo has left and hope the devs have make it and are safe. Thinking on the bot features breaking is just a bit egoistical if you compare this to enduring your country being ravage by war.

I trust my hope to any and all gods there is, if any. Is as much as I can do now.

powder
    Participant

The forums are so quiet now. It is sad for the new people that need help or comes here to read something. I for one come here every morning to see what is new or old, just to read something. What happened to these forums?

well no offense to the team given the circumstances but miqobot doesnt get updated too often anymore and is taken down for quite a while after updates, i suspect people have simply moved on to the bigger and better bots, less people here for forum activity. i myself have considered it but the other bots cant be used alongside dalamud which is a deal breaker and miqobot was very simple and straightforward so here i remain

Viperfeet
    Participant

It has been nothing short of a miracle that, between the little people that made it, our devs were able to continue not only existing in this conditions but updating this project at the same time.
    At this point I just will do the best I can with the time miqo has left and hope the devs have make it and are safe. Thinking on the bot features breaking is just a bit egoistical if you compare this to enduring your country being ravage by war.

I trust my hope to any and all gods there is, if any. Is as much as I can do now.

Yeah not really comparing the two. You can worry about multiple things at once without diminishing the other, you know?

Ral
    Ral
    Participant

This is exactly why I think miqo needs a discord server. Forums are a pretty dated thing. I know there’s a fan discord but an official one or making the fan one official in some way would be good.

I know they also have far more going on for that now. Their own lives and lives of loved ones. So it’s understandable.
    For now I guess the discord is best but it’s also dead as no one really knows about it.

Ray
    Participant
    1+

This is exactly why I think miqo needs a discord server. Forums are a pretty dated thing. I know there’s a fan discord but an official one or making the fan one official in some way would be good.

I know they also have far more going on for that now. Their own lives and lives of loved ones. So it’s understandable.
    For now I guess the discord is best but it’s also dead as no one really knows about it.

Here is an invite code for anyone who might come across this post: 5r8nGG3WS8

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Ray.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by  Ray.

Viperfeet
    Participant

Here is an invite code for anyone who might come across this post: 5r8nGG3WS8

That doesn’t look like a discord invite code, and doesn’t work after .gg/, am I missing something?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea that code doesnt work for some reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.