The Finer Miner bug?

Forum Forums Discussion The Finer Miner bug?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant

Been experiencing a weird bug with “The Finer Miner” mini-game. While running Miqobot, I’ll leave my character to walk between the two games (default settings, except Out on a Limb set to Titan | Finer Miner on Morbol) and occasionally my character seems to walk away before receiving the payout for “The Finer Miner”. It never happens with Out on a Limb, but just Finer Miner.

– dc0ke

GoofMcLoof
    Participant

Can back up this report, doesn’t seem to happen very often but have noticed it several times.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Please refer to Miqobot v1.2.45 – Patch Notes to understand this behaviour.

Which Minigame Is Better?

Out On a Limb is better, because it guarantees a consistent MGP flow.
    The Finer Miner gives better rewards at top tiers, but it has a much smaller Sweet Spot area (about 1.5 times smaller). With 4 or 5 hits The Finer Miner permits, it is mathematically impossible to detect a Sweet Spot at 100% rate.

The Finer Miner does not guarantee a payout, because of its mechanics involving a lot more randomness. Default settings make Miqobot to play for at least 5 rounds in The Finer Miner, which yields a win rate of about 10-15%. So yes, it is very likely that you will not receive a payout before switching to Out on a Limb.

If Miqobot would keep playing over and over, she would most likely get stuck in a very unlucky series of fails, and your MGP income would decrease.

But if you insist on altering this behaviour, we can implement a special parameter for you 🙂
    It will enforce Miqobot to spam the same minigame for as long as it takes a win to happen.

Nott
    Participant

I don’t think the complaint is about losing. Rather its about Miqo quitting in the middle of the game, though it would be pretty easy to mistake Miqobot as leaving mid game in Finer Miner when in reality she just lost.

I would recommend just setting Miner to 0 though until they revamp the mini game, the payout from Limb is more consistent so you know you’ll get results. These numbers are made up but the way I see it: after 5 hours with Miner you could come back to 500k mgp but 50k is just as likely. With Limb, the same amount of time would assuredly get you ~350k.

If you’re worried about your character’s appearance; your character doesn’t appear to be doing anything in game unless you tell it to switch to Finer Miner or to take breaks. For me I’d rather people assume I’m afk without having set myself to afk.

abandoned
    Participant

yes. i’ve notice that too. sometime MiqoBot is running from [Out on a Limb] to [The Finer Miner] BEFORE she finished [Out on a Limb]. She just ….. walk out without payout.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    • How many seconds was left to play for Out on a Limb?
      If there was 0 seconds, it means you lost.
    • How many hit attempts was left for The Finer Miner?
      If there was 0 hits, it means you lost.

Can you confirm that Miqobot walks out while NOT losing?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.