Suggestions to make miqo more human

Forum Forums Discussion Suggestions to make miqo more human

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  azrchr 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mrottuh
    mrottuh
    Participant

Hello all, first post. Let me start by saying miqobot is amazing! Just got a sub as I’m trying to get fenrir mount via minigames. Between miqobot and the weeklies, I’m already past 200k in like 2 solid days of mgp grinding. Apologies in adavance if this isn’t the right section for this.

I was messing around with the advance settings and testing the feature to have it switch sides when playing out on a limb.

My suggestion is to make multiple paths for miqo to use when switching sides because it looks really suspicious the way it moves. Very robot like and stiff; it moves then turns them moves again. For example like just strafing from one side to the other and also not always popping sprint (its not a far distance so why would a player use sprint?)

I think this would help miqobot perform more human like actions and be less suspicious.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by mrottuh mrottuh.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

You can disable auto sprint on navigation tab.

Funny story. When they first released minigames they had some special settings to make Miqo behave the way you describe. But everyone said moving itself is not human like. They prefer to stay in one spot spamming the same minigame over and over. Consensus was 100% so devs removed it. https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/miqobot-v1-2-45-patch-notes/

mrottuh
    mrottuh
    Participant

Oh? I haven’t gone through everything. I might do that.

LOL! Really? The way I see it, is if I see the same person in the same machine over a course of an hour or so, I’d assume they are botting. Where as if I came back and they had moved, I’d be more inclied to assume they left and came back.

I mean I know it’s already able to be turned off (0.0 up to 1.0) but they really should add diferent pathings for those of us who want to be less suspicipus ๐Ÿ˜›

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

I think Scenario Engine will support custom pathings. Hold on tight they promised it within two weeks.

meta.horus
    Participant

I had this idea the other day, you know how when gathering miqobot gets to a node,stops, then turns camera to the next node and starts moving, this looks very mechanic.

So what if miqo could start turning the camera into the next node as she approaches her current node destination, it would maker he move more fluidly.
    Of course I don’t know how feasible is to implement this, both in coding complexity and in potential issues like getting stuck on rock or something.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Custom navigation is now possible with Miqobot v1.2.6 Beta.

So what if miqo could start turning the camera into the next node as she approaches her current node destination, it would maker he move more fluidly.
    Of course I donโ€™t know how feasible is to implement this, both in coding complexity and in potential issues like getting stuck on rock or something.

Yes, we will continue improving navigation algorithms in order to make them look more organic. There is a new concept which is better suited for highly dynamic environment (such as combat navigation).
    After it is fully tested with Combat, it will be integrated to Gathering as well.

Starwind
    Starwind
    Participant

Switching minigames everytime you lose X amount of times in a row would be more human than switching every X amount of times. I.E. when I’m on a winning streak I would keep playing until I lost like 2 or 3 times in a row. Then I’d rage quit and switch minigames lol.

Edit:
    I would probably switch upon losing out on a limb once myself, then I’d switch back upon losing finer miner twice in a row.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by Starwind Starwind.

azrchr
    Participant
    1+

tl;dr make Miqobot emote sometimes to make people eff off, and I apologize if this idea is actually total BS for whatever reason!

I just bought Miqobot today, and it’s a really incredible tool! I’m a huge fan of non-intrusive stuff like this and have been looking for a simple and affordable keypress bot for months. <3

I don’t know how viable this is, as it’s just a random idea that popped into my head after obtaining Miqobot, but… if you’d like to add a little social engineering… something that people don’t expect bots to do is emote.

This could be a powerful tool to make the large majority of other players leave you alone. Other players are your worst enemies if you’re using a bot like Miqobot [who can’t be detected through technical means as she doesn’t tamper with anything], as they are highly likely to suspect a person who doesn’t interact with them at all as a bot. If you present a player with a person who moves erratically, but emotes at them/near them [especially when Gold Saucer botting; this is probably the most dangerous area to bot due to how boring it is [[people are more likely to assume bots will be in areas that are grindy]] and the high player traffic, especially during events] and changes gait in ways that suggests they’re a player, they’re more likely to assume you’re just a console player [controllers suck], have a silly personality, or having a hard time moving as fluidly as they do for whatever reason. Maybe your keyboard is broken. Maybe your hands hurt. Maybe you’re typing with your feet. Maybe your cat is assaulting you. Who knows, and at that point, they’ve probably stopped caring about you entirely!

Players that don’t walk are a little weird; even players who are normally in a rush may walk sometimes, just for fun. A setting that maybe causes you to emote back [appropriately] if someone emotes at you [if there’s a way of reading this; can she read chatlogs?], or emote occasionally/randomly in appropriate ways [such as stretching after hanging out somewhere for a while, or dozing, cheering after a minigame as if you’re happy you did well, etc] before continuing the next sets of routines, next set of minigames [‘number needed to constitute a set’ randomly-defined within a range maybe?, sharper people/creepy obsessive bot stalkers will catch on if it’s uniform], etc. may be useful in preventing detection by normal players. A setting that makes her slow to a walk sometimes, especially if then combined with, for example, starting fishing and then sitting down, may also do something to make her more invisible. This might be helpful for players who want to leave her alone sometimes [because while you shouldn’t, it should be safer if you need to]…

An emotion feature combined with smart player practices like changing farming areas + times often and randomly, not botting for unrealistically lengthy sessions, and keeping an eye on Miqobot when you can, could make for an even more powerful and versatile tool. Having her be able to do SOMEthing to make nosey people buzz off if you have to leave her alone for longer than you’d normally want to could be really great!

• This reply was modified 6 years, 11 months ago by  azrchr.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for your suggestions very much!

Some of them are already implemented in Scenario Engine in Miqobot v1.2.6 Beta.

• To use emotes, place them on your hotbar and use sendIcon() function.
    • To walk, use sendKey() and holdKey() functions.
      (By default, game assigns NUM/ to “Toggle Walk” and W to “Move Forward”)
    • To change zones, use teleport() and teleportNpc() functions.
    • For timing you can use afkFor(), afkUntil() and workFor(), workUntil().

And yes, reading chatlogs and recognizing emotions is something we have also planned for the future. We will explore the idea of adding some sort of social response that would be adjustable to imitate certain personalities.
    However it will probably arrive too late to be useful in the current event, so we highly recommend experimenting with Scenario Engine in the meantime ๐Ÿ™‚

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Switching minigames everytime you lose X amount of times in a row would be more human than switching every X amount of times. I.E. when Iโ€™m on a winning streak I would keep playing until I lost like 2 or 3 times in a row. Then Iโ€™d rage quit and switch minigames lol.

Edit:
    I would probably switch upon losing out on a limb once myself, then Iโ€™d switch back upon losing finer miner twice in a row.

Thank you for your feedback!

We will consider adjusting the AI according to your preference.
    However please note that other players do not see your minigame progress and they do not know when you win or lose. Most likely these adjustments would be invisible to an outside observer.
    But this behavior might become a part of a bigger system, which could control Miqobot’s personality under different circumstances.

azrchr
    Participant

And yes, reading chatlogs and recognizing emotions is something we have also planned for the future. We will explore the idea of adding some sort of social response that would be adjustable to imitate certain personalities.
    However it will probably arrive too late to be useful in the current event, so we highly recommend experimenting with Scenario Engine in the meantime ๐Ÿ™‚

Awesome! I’m currently using the beta, so I will play with it. Thank you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.