Stone Vigil Farming.

Forum Forums Discussion Stone Vigil Farming.

This topic contains 19 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

whyyme
    Participant
    2+

Currently running Stone vigil a lot for the Moogle tokens, I seem to die quite a bit on the Isgebind fight, One time I completely timed out of the dungeon constantly losing to Isgebind… Anyhow, I’m Logging the time it takes each run, running once as each class if I die more then 5 times to the final boss I’m not keeping that record and re-running to get a more consistent time result with the other classes. (AKA why theirs a huge jump in time between my ast and my white mage)

*Willing to do more tests with different compositions this will be a work in progress
    *Initial testing is done with Arcanist because of both the GC arcanist will cast Shadow flare, if you have two archers only ONE will dot. Will get around to testing with other GC classes all with offensive 5 at a later time
    *Everyone is set to Offensive 5
    *Everyone is level 61-70 wearing Augmented shire gear or better so every slot is synched down
    *all skills on the bar and hotkey’d all class quests done
    *the 3 squad skills on bar and hot-keyed already
    *Posting start and finish data in case I did bad math
    *Starting time from when Miqobot says “(9:07:35 PM) Squadron Dungeons started.”
    *Stopping time when Miqobot says “(9:25:37 PM) Full dungeon complete! ^_^ (1/1)”
    *Runs without full clear selected

Anyhow here’s my first run Results for them all.

Healers, Marauder tank and 2 Arcanists
    Ast with 1 death took 17 minutes. 4:04pm to 4:21pm
    Whitemage with 2 deaths took 19 minutes. 5:15pm to 5:34pm
    Sch with no deaths took 17 minutes 5:57 pm to 6:14 pm
    Tanks, with Conj and 2 Arcanists
    Warrior, 1 death 16 Minutes 6:23 pm to 6:39 pm
    Paladin 2 deaths 19 minutes 6:48 pm to 7:07 pm
    Dark Knight 5 deaths(OMG) 32 minutes 7:12 to 7:44 (yeah I re-read that one a few times to make sure) I suppose ill redo dark knight later
    DPS, Marauder, conjurer, 1 arcanist
    Monk no deaths 15 minutes 7:46 pm to 8:01 pm
    Dragoon 1 death 26 minutes. 8:05 pm to 8:31 pm
    Ninja no deaths 19 minutes. 8:44 pm to 9:03 pm
    Sam no deaths 18 minutes. 9:07 pm to 9:25 pm
    Bard no deaths 18 minutes. 9:44 pm to 10:02 pm
    Machinist 0 Deaths 15 minutes. 10:17 pm to 10:32 pm
    Blackmage 0 Deaths 16 minutes. 10:044 pm to 11:00 pm (GC Healer died, Amazing Save pulled off by Arcanist)
    Summoner 1 Death 19 minutes. 11:06 pm to 11:25 pm (another awesome save this time by Miqobot ^_^)
    Red mage 3 deaths 23 Minutes. 11:30 pm to 11:53)

*Both the Ninja and the Sam Run, they almost died running through the AoE to get to the other side of the mob, Sam almost died standing in it when LB was available it started to cast it inside the AoE (Sheets of ice). It’s what killed my Dragoon on its run. Health seems to get low after the AoE damage from Rime wreath and take down sometimes the GC ai won’t heal me for some reason grr.. but that I suppose is the nature of GC companions.
    *watched all of the runs after Dark Knight deaths spree
    *bard almost died (14 hp), stood in the middle of the breath attack and got hit with rime wreath
    *Blk Mage Almost wiped at Isgebind because upon entering the last long hallway it targeted the patrolling dragon, and the tank ran all the way down the halls spawning the ice sprites killing Cecily (my conjurer) proceeded to fight the boss without a healer, at less then 70% health on everyone. When Both Hastaloeya(Marauder) and I were below 50% health Toragana(arcanist) Was legit only casting psychic to heal us alternating I was on the edge of my seat watching this play out, Never seen that happen before ever.
    *Summoner legit circled the boss over and over without engaging at all died to breathe attack. That happened to me once before last week as well in solhm al.
    *Smn Almost wiped a 2nd time(due to unfortunate Sheet of ice placement got all 3 GC mates and they stood in it ><) It was awesome to watch it swift cast raise the tank twice! and the healer. looks like it never hardcasts raise even if their downtime like when isgebind flys up.
    *RDM did the thing that Smn did, it started the fight, and fought Isgebind till he flew into the air and landed. When it re-landed all it did was run a circle to try to stay on Isgebind’s flank while isgebind had the tank targeted and died due to rime wreath followed by standing in the breath attack. (If it re-engages when isgebind Lands I bet this could be prevented)
    *RDM Died twice to Touch down, was low on health due to previous touchdowns and rime wreaths, GC healers can really stink sometimes, maybe if the bot didn’t place them right under isgebind when he lands this could be avoided? Touch Down knocks everyone away and deals damage to everyone So what you could have made up in Dps both melee and ranged is lost because of the far knockback.
    *Since I need a metric crap ton of Moogle tokens ill most likely do more testing and do best of 10 runs, just establishing a baseline here. will update as I move along

* Yayy with all those runs done ima post this then get some sleep, tomorrow ill run a ton as a machinist and see what GC ally nets the best time /10 runs prob only do 10 a day, to be honest, make some sort of a project out of it… If someone has already done something similar with notes posted please let me know.

Nirvana Flame
    Nirvana Flame
    Participant

Nevermind, stupid question. :3

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Nirvana Flame Nirvana Flame.

flintrucker
    Participant

That’s… some really bad stats. Though one thing about those death, I used to die a lot until I changed my healer to defensive. This makes them heal A LOT more regularly, which is probably needed to compensate for the AI.

Try that out and see if it improves your death rate. I barely die ever since making that change. 🙂

whyyme
    Participant

I Do not see a way of editing a post… But I ran 10 runs as a machinist with the Arcanist And 10 runs with the Archer

My time was 15-21 minutes averaging was 17, was using ACT to report for the Arcanists damage and I was getting
    anywhere from 123.30-155.12, and 84.33-98.77 on the Carbuncle
    (On the first two boss fights, Act breaks up the boss fight when isgebind lands and I wasn’t gonna do more math then I have too.)

Over 10 runs with the archer, I was getting 153-194 dps. So if you don’t count the Carbuncle archer is more but if you do arcanist is better. Not to mention the archer will not spam Quick nock as the Arcanist will even use shadow flare if there are two mobs. the time ended about the same 15-21 over the 10 runs sadly I was looking to see if one would be quicker then the other.

About Defensive stance… I did 10 runs with an offensive stance and checked ACT to see how many heals were cast and for how much they healed as well as 10 runs in Defensive stance… they casted about the same amount of healing spells and for the same amount… The stance is just a Stat buff for them it doesn’t seem to affect their AI at all, Of course, your experience may vary from mine

lionsurge
    Participant

would like to know whats the quickest DG to farm the moogle tomes.

What u guys think about?B

Arc
    Arc

I simply farmed Stone Vigil 3x over night and got my 100 moogle tomestones. Never had any problems with dying or something, but that’s propably because I didn’t neglect my squadron and got them all to max level for almost a year already.
    Ran the squad dungeon with myself as warrior, a healer, an archer and an arcanist. Had no problems ever, clear time was always around 20ish minutes and I’m done with the event already, since I already had all the other stuff.

The fastest way to get moogle tomestones however is without Miqo: Create a group of 4 players via PF, all 4 as blue mage and spam Tam Tara Deepcroft. That’s 1 tomestone every 3’ish minutes => ~20 tomestones per hour

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea ive tried farming with blue mages too but its extremely boring and i was completely exhausted after 20 runs. Even though its 5x faster its also 1000x more effort. So i thanked the party and left to finish the event with Miqo. The path of minimal effort beats the fastest for me.

zgo63925
    Participant

The path of minimal effort beats the fastest for me.

That’s why I lazycrafted HQ items to level crafters.
    Same goes for the tomes, I just run squad dungeons.

bigboy54
    Participant

That’s why I lazycrafted HQ items to level crafters.
    Same goes for the tomes, I just run squad dungeons.

Is that a good way to level crafters fast?

zgo63925
    Participant

It’s lazy and low efford. You need a decent amount of money and have to figure out whats worth crafting/selling.

Arc
    Arc

As already said by several people: It is not fast, it is easy and it is done automatically with zero effort.

Mastermind37
    Participant

I think unless you are running as a tank, you will die sometimes on Isegbind. Its been discussed somewhere else before, but due to the fact that the party is disengaged while he is in the air, when he lands and does frost breath, the tank sometimes swings his face through the party causing you to get hit with it. I have fully leveled Squadron and been completely overgeared and such, this doesn’t effect the fact that you can and will die if you are not a tank.

zgo63925
    Participant

I think unless you are running as a tank, you will die sometimes on Isegbind. Its been discussed somewhere else before, but due to the fact that the party is disengaged while he is in the air, when he lands and does frost breath, the tank sometimes swings his face through the party causing you to get hit with it. I have fully leveled Squadron and been completely overgeared and such, this doesn’t effect the fact that you can and will die if you are not a tank.

I had plenty of wipes as a tank, no wipes as RDM.

Mastermind37
    Participant

On Isegbind? We are specifically talking about the mechanics of that fight. If you are a appropriately geared tank (gear within a few levels) you wouldn’t die on that fight unless something really crazy happened. Its just not gonna happen. Now, as a tank, you could totally die throughout the instance from facepulls, adds, or any number of silly mistakes ive seen happen. Again, specifically on Isgebind, you got lucky on a RDM to never have died. I have literally run this over 500x this week alone. None of my jobs are below 60 and therefore at max sync when they do this, but even when I ran this back when I was leveling through the 43-51 my statements would still be accurate. Frost breath will kill almost any non tank type in one hit, especially if you just got hit with the Pbaoe he does Frost rime, or something like that, and had any hp gone at all.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I think unless you are running as a tank, you will die sometimes on Isegbind.

I cleared it around ~150 times on scholar, never had a single wipe, or close to it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.