Specifying node names

Forum Forums Discussion Specifying node names

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Bearhook Bearhook 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bearhook
    Bearhook
    Participant

I’ve been trying to get ephemeral gathering working properly. I hit up the ephemeral node, then gather all the current nodes, wait for GP to regen (time-based), then hit the ephemeral node again.

Let’s say I have “Lv70 Ephemeral Rocky Outcrop” and “Lv70 Rocky Outcrop” as the nodes I’m hitting. I have a preset used for the ephemeral node that uses a rotation and collects the collectable, and a preset used for the regular node that uses no rotation and just grabs crystals or a regular gathering item.

The problem is, the ephemeral node will respawn before I have collected everything I needed, and “Lv70 Rocky Outcrop” will apparently also match the ephemeral node, gathering from it and wasting it.

Is there a way to force a name in the manner of using quote marks in google to search for a phrase, or will I have to just manually fly to particular waypoints and only gather once? I’d rather use the downtime grabbing stuff I can still sell.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Scenario Engine is best suited for this. Default Miqo algorithm is simply find closest-hit-repeat and its good in most cases. For ephemerals you want more precise control. Scenarios are awesome for this. There a few of them on forums already:
    https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-ephemeral-cluster-farm/
    https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/newbie-scenario-emphernal-nodes-work-in-progress/
    Instead of gatherTouch() you can write gather(1) or gather(2) and she will grab crystals or whatever you want.

Bearhook
    Bearhook
    Participant

Well yes, I am using the scenario engine.

From looking at the other examples I can see that I have to make it fly to specific waypoints and gather, which I have ended up doing in the meantime. It seems to work, but it’s fairly obvious. Will have to rework it using randomWaypoint.

The scenario engine is very nice, but if it had just a few more logic functions (mainly time-based ifs, and the ability to go to a specific chapter) it would be insanely more powerful.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, time-based conditions and switching chapters are already planned for future versions of Scenario Engine.
    You can find more information here: Planned Funcions.

Thank you for your request!

Bearhook
    Bearhook
    Participant

Can’t wait for them. Will be awesome.

Keep up the great work. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.