Some active users experience using miqobot?

Forum Forums Discussion Some active users experience using miqobot?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mrzepher67 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author

ps34pc
    Participant

The Peeping Tom thing is a good idea. I should start doing that when going on a farm spree.

What do you use as a notification sound?

Is that the one that sends you chat to discord?

malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

The Peeping Tom thing is a good idea.

Is that the one that sends you chat to discord?

QuickLauncher plugin “Peeping Tom” (audio trigger when targeted by someone).

Arc
    Arc

I actively use Miqobot on my 5 years old account I put all my love into. I’ve been active the entire time, done every event, bought almost everything from the mogstation and I’m extremely attached to my account.

Yet, I do not worry at all about using Miqobot, because if you’re not absolutely reckless you’re not going to get any problems.
    I have gotten a ban once, and that was because I was letting Miqobot run unattended for an entire week in the gold saucer during a make it rain event, and all I got was a 3-day-ban.
    After that I also received another 3-day-ban during the Ungarmax Exploit banwave (so no increase in ban-time).

Since then nothing has ever happened, and I’m simply using Miqobot kinda conscious. If you don’t have any offenses on your account, you have even less to worry by using it, because even if you use it so recklessly that you’re getting caught, you’re most likely not losing your account. A several days ban is the most you would get, even if you were caught.

riley
    riley
    Participant
    2+

I have been using miqo since before crafting solver was a thing. From gathering to crafting, I have never had any issues or raised suspicions from anyone. A few tips: make sure to test any gathering grids you create thoroughly. I always make my own grids, if I borrow one from the forum it is heavily edited before I actually put it into play. Watch and observe to make sure the movements look logical and human.

When crafting, always go in doors to a private apartment or house that is locked. Miqo is a goddess when it comes to the crafting solver. She is efficient and thorough down to the last drop of cp. She makes use of all the skills including observe which may draw curiosity from bystanders. Especially if your ability delay is short and she is adapting on the fly (rapid synth causes this often on high level crafts). I can often go shower or wander off for hours if I work from my apartment (do so at your own risk!).

Lastly, if you must be away you can always use something like chrome remote desktop to log in and check on things from your phone or another pc. I often do this while I am at work or grocery shopping. Very helpful if you like to micro manage your marketboard inventory like myself. Good luck!

Edit: Don’t afk on gold saucer mini games. Way too many eyes around there and people will interact with you.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by riley riley.

mrzepher67
    Participant
    2+

I’ve been using miqo since a little before the ShB expansion, and Ive never run into any issues for it. I feel like running combat assist as a healer or somebody with a spammable status like peloton in a populated area is generally more obvious than running a gathering grid overnight.

Clever scenario building to incorporate breaks to accommodate human attention span and redrawing navigation grids to be more human can let you run miqo for quite awhile without drawing much attention (even if you’re on a server where people recognize your name), I very frequently run her overnight for gathering or mgp farming, depending on what I’m focusing on that week. Either nobody knows or nobody thinks I’m doing anything that bothers them.

I’ve only ever interacted with GM’s once, I got jailed while afk gathering in diadem but it was for some other random unimportant reason and botting was never brought up. I ended up being jailed for a few hours since I was afk (miqo running) at the time I got dragged in, but nothing happened to my account.

As long as you’re considerate of how miqo will look to other people while she’s working and account for that, you’ll be fine. Not to say Square won’t decide to crack down on any given week but it’s just so hard to tell the difference between a bot on an active account vs a no-life grindcore player.

edit: also, i think most people realize this these days, but if you see a bunch of people all synced up on the same nav grid then it’s time to change the scenario or grid a bit. I used to run into this a lot more before ShB but it’s not as prevalent since then (for me at least; unsure if people wised up or those people were eventually banned). Nothing more entertaining than running a white scrip scenario and seeing 8-10 people all lift off from the aetheryte at exactly the same time and take the exact same path to the exact same node, and then use the exact same rotation at exactly the same time lol.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  mrzepher67.
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.