Some active users experience using miqobot?

Forum Forums Discussion Some active users experience using miqobot?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 19 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  mrzepher67 3 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

vivre
    Participant

Planning on buying this bot but I’m really scared about my 6 year account safety. I know that miqobot is as safe as can be and I’ve read how to use it to not raise suspicion but still feel uneasy about it. Have lots of achievments, mounts, ultimate weapons and really don’t wanna lose my acc bc of it
    So I wanted to know for how long and how often you guys use it and if there have been any ban situations with your accounts?

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

As long as you’re smart about it and use common sense, you should not have any problems.

Make sure to keep an eye on miqo, dont let it run 24/7.

That being said, me? I run it for several hours. 4-7 at most.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by Evadude Evadude.

pussyfoot
    Participant

I personally only use it if I’m in the room. Fishing while reading a book or watching tv, etc. So far I’ve never had any problems with it or even had anyone say anything to me.

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant

Generally to my understanding a GM will suspend an account for suspicion of botting before outright banning as well. With that being said I have been using miqo sense the 2nd season of firmament without any issues or anyone saying anything to me. Not even my FC have noticed. With that being said I don’t run it for extended periods of time (no more then like 6 hours) and I’m always here. I also make use of the quick launcher plugins to allow for me to see if people are interacting with me so I can stop it and respond.

ps34pc
    Participant

Generally to my understanding a GM will suspend an account for suspicion of botting before outright banning as well. With that being said I have been using miqo sense the 2nd season of firmament without any issues or anyone saying anything to me. Not even my FC have noticed. With that being said I donโ€™t run it for extended periods of time (no more then like 6 hours) and Iโ€™m always here. I also make use of the quick launcher plugins to allow for me to see if people are interacting with me so I can stop it and respond.

I just got the quicklauncher yesterday. Which plugins do you use? I was thinking of getting the one where your in game chat goes to discord

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant
    1+

I use the discord one so I can see when people message/interact with me and xivchat to be able to respond while the bot is running

bottybot
    Participant

Slightly off-topic, but…

I use the discord one so I can see when people message/interact with me and xivchat to be able to respond while the bot is running

So I can use something that allows me to use Discord to write into the chat in-game? At present I always have to stop the bot running when gathering/crafting etc if someone talks to me. Is there a way of circumnavigating this so I can respond to people without stopping the bot?

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

Currently the discord plugin can’t write chat in game, only read, they said they are planning to add that though. The other plugin, xivchat, can be use to read and write chat from outside the game, but you need to buy the client software for $5.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

It’s note worthy that sending message from discord to the game is likely using injected packages that could in theory be detected and trigger a ban. I’d be careful with that.

However, the read to discord is very helpful as you should NEVER bot unattended.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  Xion.
    malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

It’s the same logic with any bot for any game. Moderation. Don’t go crazy and you should be fine.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

Miqo is my first bot so I was worried too. Years-old FF character and all with items, friends, FC… Even on longer botting sessions I have never been bothered; granted I am at my computer tabbed out with audio notifications for various chat channels and QuickLauncher plugin “Peeping Tom” (audio trigger when targeted by someone). Admittedly I have, at my own risk, left her unattended for short periods of time (less than 20m), but again I (thankfully) have not been bothered.

Just keep Miqo company and be smart ๐Ÿ™‚

Krude
    Participant
    1+

The Peeping Tom thing is a good idea. I should start doing that when going on a farm spree.

What do you use as a notification sound?

vivre
    Participant

Thanks everyone! And for QuickLauncher advices. Gonna check this out ^^

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

The Peeping Tom thing is a good idea. I should start doing that when going on a farm spree.

What do you use as a notification sound?

The default sound is what I use, it’s distinctive so I immediately know what it is ๐Ÿ™‚

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by jponry jponry.

justices2
    Participant
    1+

I was in the same boat as you and i can tell you Miqobot is an amazing bot. I was so hesitant of buying and using it but its been doing wonders so far. What i tend to do is i never ever ever ever do gathering with the bot and if I am i will 100% of the time be looking at the screen while i do other things, using a second monitor is perfect. Your flame barracks are your safe area. You can auto craft whatever, do squadrons. I use a scenario where i go out and exchange my items for seals, it is risky but the scripts are very well done. Again, the problem is sometimes the scripts for gathering will sometimes make you run into a rock or something and it will give a red flag to other players. Best thing is keep an eye on your bot. You will not be disappointed. And the people in this forums and the creator are extremely helpful. So in short, enjoy the bot just dont leave it unattended. oh and also when you try new things on the bot keep an eye on it to make sure it does work properly *if* you do by chance decide to leave it unattended.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.