Skysteel Pickaxe Mats

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Skysteel Pickaxe Mats

This topic contains 19 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by SirVG SirVG 4 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Relecade
    Participant
    1+

I threw this together to gather the mats needed to enhance the Skysteel Pickaxe to the +1 variant. The rotation is intentionally inefficient to prioritize GP and not using cordials. Feel free to tweak it if you prefer a faster but more consumable-heavy approach.

I will probably add the +2 mats and grid in a bit.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Relecade
    Participant
    1+

+2 mats grid and presets. Chose a lesser-used spot in Hinterlands to avoid others as much as possible.

Attachments:

Relecade
    Participant
    1+

Single file for those who want one.

Attachments:

shlez
    Participant

first of all – thank you.
    for some reason – it just flies me to the middle of the map, then stands still. any chance you know why?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

for some reason – it just flies me to the middle of the map, then stands still. any chance you know why?

Just a guess but you probably need compass on your hotbars

shlez
    Participant

Just a guess but you probably need compass on your hotbars

only compass I got is my aether compass, but i’m sure you don’t meant that.

shlez
    Participant

if you meant lay of the land, I have it and it uses it. but he’s not going there after he does

Relecade
    Participant

The +1 mats will fly you from the aetheryte at Falcon’s Nest. The +2 mats require you to be in the vicinity of The Daggers, given that there’s no aetheryte in that zone at all and I was making this in a hurry. I ran both this morning to get my pickaxe, so both were working for me. Compass isn’t actually required for either.

shlez
    Participant

The +1 mats will fly you from the aetheryte at Falcon’s Nest. The +2 mats require you to be in the vicinity of The Daggers, given that there’s no aetheryte in that zone at all and I was making this in a hurry. I ran both this morning to get my pickaxe, so both were working for me. Compass isn’t actually required for either.

I was trying to mine at a different map. cheers.

bottybot
    Participant

Question about the gathering rotation, I think its set as ‘DT Rotation’ but it never uses any skills, even when I set it to macro or another skills such as ‘Yield +2’ for example, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Relecade
    Participant

Question about the gathering rotation, I think its set as ‘DT Rotation’ but it never uses any skills, even when I set it to macro or another skills such as ‘Yield +2’ for example, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

The rotation is intentionally inefficient to prioritize GP and not using cordials. Feel free to tweak it if you prefer a faster but more consumable-heavy approach.

DT Rotation uses no skills unless the node is +2 gathering attempts or more, in which case it will use Brunt Force and Bountiful Harvest to get 3 guaranteed HQ mats on the 6th, 7th, and 8th hits of the node. It uses very little GP this way, and I found it slightly more efficient than just Bountiful Harvest + Leaf Turn due to all the NQ mats I was pulling. I designed it the way it is intentionally, and encourage others to change the rotation to whatever they feel will be best for their needs.

iifetap
    Participant

DT Rotation uses no skills unless the node is +2 gathering attempts or more,

Wait, when was this feature added to Miqo? I don’t see anywhere in the bot that allows you to set parameters on special condition nodes?

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  iifetap.

Relecade
    Participant
    2+

It never was, officially. Necessity is the mother of invention, as they say.

Take a look at the rotation for yourself to see how I achieved it, specifically, but the gist is basically this:

Situation: The nodes we’re working with have a pretty reasonable HQ chance to begin with, 25% to 30% based on your perception, with many nodes giving a bonus that gets you 50% to 60% HQ. There’s also a hidden item component that we need to farm, too.

Methodology:
    1) Go after the hidden items if they’re present, using the Gather by Name list.
    2) Hit the node 5 times. Straight up hit it. If the node doesn’t have a bonus, the 5th hit doesn’t go through, no harm no foul (though it does make Miqo slower to move to the next node).
    3) After 5 hits, Brunt Force is a guaranteed activation, so that gets triggered followed by Bountiful Harvest.
    4) 6th hit is +3 with 100% HQ chance (unless the node contains a hidden item, in which case you get 3 of those NQ instead).
    5) 7th+ hits are normal, 1 HQ or hidden item, just to finish out the node.

I’m not doing conditional casting based on node parameters, or if a hidden item is available, would that I could of course. But how I’m doing it does achieve what I was after, maximizing gains by taking advantage of the node bonuses to their fullest with out throwing a ton of cordials at it.

The reasoning for what I’m doing, by the by, is that in my earlier work on this I discovered that I was burning 300 GP every time I encountered a node that had its hidden item available. The original rotation would cast HQ% Up, but the hidden items can’t be HQ’d, so I’d lose 300 GP for no reason what-so-ever. Miqo lacks the capability to determine if a hidden item is present and change the rotation based on that, so I figured I’d just work around it by making a rotation that relied on free skills to HQ things for me, given that conditions were rather favourable for it to proc reasonably often.

bottybot
    Participant

The rotation is intentionally inefficient to prioritize GP and not using cordials. Feel free to tweak it if you prefer a faster but more consumable-heavy approach.

[/quote]

That’s my point, I haven’t a clue how to set my own rotation, normally I would just select from skills and it would change to what I wanted, but with this grid or setup it make no difference. I guess my real question is how, specifically, do I stop it waiting for certain conditions?

bottybot
    Participant

One thing I have figured out, and it was why the rotation wasn’t working and worth putting in notes, was I was using ‘enable quick gathering’ and this of course stops the action from being used. Still doesn’t alter the fundamental of my question, how do I change to skills I want using the grid you have very kindly shared? Just changing it in skills doesnt seem to work for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.