skipBadWeather()

Forum Forums Discussion skipBadWeather()

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Sugar Daddy
    Sugar Daddy
    Participant

Hi all,

can someone tell me how the skipBadWeather() function is supposed to work in scenarios? I tried to figure it out, but it seems like I think into a wrong direction.

If I use something like this (example reduced to the lines which matter):

resetGoodWeather()
    addGoodWeather(Thunder)
    addGoodWeather(Thunderstorms)
    [other stuff]
    skipBadWeather()
    fish(40)
    repeatChapter(99)

I would expect Miqo to take a break, skip the next line, or whatever. But all I get is this as a result:

(21:42:20) (SCENARIO) Started:
    (21:42:20) ‘Namitaro’
    (21:42:20) Chapter: 1
    (21:42:26) Yay! I found some fish ^_^
    (21:42:26) Uh-oh ‘Clouds (03)’. It’s a bad weather!
    (21:42:26) WORK for: 00:01 (60 seconds)
    (21:42:26) Fishing starting…
    (21:42:26) Fishing for: 40 min

(21:42:29) (SCENARIO) Stopping…
    (21:42:30) Well, you know, I don’t mind continuing it any time! 😉
    (21:42:31) (SCENARIO) Stopped.

What is my mistake here?

Thanks for an info!

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

It expects that you check weather at times of change 0ET, 8ET, 16ET. Here it was already asked in another thread and i did an example there: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-weatherfishing/

What you want to do is probably afkUntilGoodWeather() but theres no such function atm. Would be nice to have. Hey Miqo maybe in the next scenario update?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Accepted 🙂
    Weather scenario functions will be revisited. We will try to make them more intuitive and user-friendly.

Thank you for your request!

Relief
    Relief
    Participant

As long as your looking into revising some stuff for fishing… Would it be possible to get findFish() to like slowly spin in a circle then do a baby step then spin again looking for fish? And maybe have skipBadWeather() skip the rest of the chapter.

I’m fishing for the Feast of Famine fish. I’m teleporting in, checking the weather, then running to the fishing hole to fish. If its good weather it fishing for an hour, if the weather is bad it fishes one. I would rather if the weather was bad to just skip to the next chapter instead.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, we will implement more fishing functions for comfortable scenario design. We can not significantly alter existing functions since it would break all scenarios created before, but we can add new functions instead.

Scenario Engine is still in Beta stage, therefore all feedback is highly appreciated.
    Thank you very much!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.