scenarios and navigation grids

Forum Forums Discussion scenarios and navigation grids

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Nott 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Hello. I am wondering if it’s possible to have Miqobot follow a path to a certain point, wait for a time, then continue to the path? Or do I have to create 2 separate paths?

remnar
    remnar
    Participant

I have another question. I am modifying Zumy’s red script farming scenario since I am level 70 in botany and miner (thanks Zumy!). His scenario can be found here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-red-script-60-70-exp-farming-completely-hands-free/
    I am wondering about the repeatAll function, if i tell it to repeatAll(1), shouldn’t it repeat the scenario one time instead of just ending it? Also I am wondering, if I add a chapter below another chapter that has repeatAll function, will that final chapter be run after all repeats are done?

The reason Why I ask is because I want to repeat the gathering chapters a few times, then run the repair chapter. I have duplicated the Turn In grid, then modified both so that the Turn In grid only turns in the collectibles, and the duplicate grid I named Repair to repair.

Also I think there’s a issue with how deliverCollectables ends, as it only activates the tab based on your current gathering job, then closes it. I would prefer if the function did not close afterward so I can tell it to move to the next tab and then call the function again, then I can close the interface with sendKeys.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by remnar remnar.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 7 months ago by remnar remnar.

luluna
    Participant

If you tell it to repeatAll(1), I believe it will actually only run once as the initial run would count towards it. If you want it to run twice, you would want repeatAll(2).

It sounds like what you’re actually looking for is repeatChapter and its variants.

There is a simple solution to the issue you’re experiencing with deliverCollectibles – change to the job for which you have collectibles. Run the function – allow it to end and close. Change to another job and run the function again.

A lot of us use these scenarios are a framework that we end up customizing. For example, there is a lot of downtime and sometimes, I’ll insert a chapter where I gather something local to fill in the 2 hour gaps between collectibles. I also don’t like to use cordials if I don’t have to, and end up tweaking the time a little to do so.

Play around.

remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Feature request: I am wondering if you can add a Random math function for the scenario editor? It should take integers, floating point, and time formats. For example, I want to stop at a way point and wait for a random amount of seconds. This will eliminate the chances of being caught by a GM if a GM is watching you.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

I’ve seen scenarios that use randomNearby and randomWaypoint, I don’t know about random time but you can set each chapter to use a different time after teleporting. I’d use the above tools over a random time anyway…time is too important for recovering GP and getting nodes. If you are REALLY worried, you could create dozens of chapters that span several days of ingame time ie, chapter 7 starts at 07 and chapter 14 starts gathering at 0708…chapter 21 starts at 0702…stuff like that.

But I do think you are too worried about getting caught. If you follow pretty simple logic, like not running 24×7, modifying grids, testing them before afk’n with them, you’ll be fine. I and other’s here have been using this thing since it came out and I, for one, have never even been questioned by a player, let alone a GM.

It has a few quirks that make it look botty, but only if you have the overlay on that makes it obvious to you why that behavior is happening. To an outsider, it looks like lag, a slipped finger, or just inattentiveness. For me, these things nag at me more for their inefficiency than getting caught. Since I usually just run it while I’m in the room…I want that time to be as efficient as I am while playing…it isn’t there yet but I think it’ll get there in time.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.