[Scenario] Shadowbringers 5.0 Aethersands

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [Scenario] Shadowbringers 5.0 Aethersands

This topic contains 92 replies, has 50 voices, and was last updated by  twostar 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)
  • Author
    SuperSul
    SuperSul
    Participant
    10+

@Miqobot:
    This thread is related to Collectable Gathering before Patch 5.4.
    With the arrival of Patch 5.4, it is outdated.

Full Scenario for Shadowbringers Aethersand farming. Pick the closest time slot scenario number and off you go!

Some notes

– The grids are designed to look as natural as possible and will alternate nodes for resetting the Ephemeral. The two rotations used are Instinctual for low GP and the usual 650GP 8/8 when you have it. With 800GP being fairly easy to reach this patch I think there will be better rotations, but I’m leaving the tried and true in the Scenario for now. It seems to be working just fine with 550+ 8/8 on new nodes.
    – A few grids have strange turns near the nodes for resetting. This is most notable in Fanow as 2/3 spawns are camped by level 75 mobs. The strange turn is designed to get Miqo to go for the closest node that does not require Stealth before being forced to use Stealth to avoid aggro. In practice this looks much like a player flying in around aggro anyways. I think using Stealth when not needed would be very obvious odd behavior to other players.
    – The Grid for White Clay is the Doman Cotton Boll area, and one section is very dangerous. Instead of using an odd angle I chose to forgo the random path and force Miqo to use the two safe areas to reset the node.
    – The Fanow Grid uses the interior of the tree to approach the Ephemeral with stealth since it is mandatory. So far the path seems to work well.
    – The Grid for Solarite has a flight path between two close spawns over a rock designed to avoid the A Rank that commonly spawns in that area.
    – This Scenario wouldn’t be possible without the Dusckglow/66 Aethersand Scenario by Lyfox. Thanks!

Bonus!
    -All grids are usable for standard farming for the following items:
    -Dimythrite Ore (Solarite)
    -Titancopper Ore (Solarite)
    -Underground Spring Water (Solarite)
    -Extra Effervescent Water (Gale Rock)
    -Volcanic Tuff (Shade Quartz)
    -Dwarven Cotton Boll (White Clay)
    -Lime Basil (Bog Sage)
    -Light Gerbera (Bog Sage)
    -Tiger Lily (Bog Sage)
    -Fernleaf Lavender (Sweet Marjoram)
    -Sweet Alyssum (Sweet Marjoram)

Feedback and suggestions for improvement would be appreciated! Thanks everyone and happy farming!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Taykk
    Participant

Hey ! gonna try this tonight, happy to already see a good looking scenario like this one !

You’ll get my feedback as soon as possible 🙂

Dmendell
    Participant

What are the requirements for this ?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by  Dmendell.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

What are the requirements for this ?

650 GP and at least white scrip gear for Maximum efficiency, tho lvl80 and HQ Onishi set w/melds would probably work as well.

SuperSul
    SuperSul
    Participant

I noticed a slight error that is simple to correct. Chapter 2 line teleportIf(Fanow) should be teleport(Fanow) to force Miqo to teleport. Otherwise she just tries to fly over to the new spot since it’s in the same zone. It’s unlikley you’ll get stuck but the possibility is there so I’d recommend changing it to be safe.

Also you can add Cordials after the line that uses aetherial reduction by adding sendIcon(x, y, z). X=Hotbar, Y=Slot and Z=Time delay (Iuse 2.5s). Sometimes she will waste a cordial but for the most part it seems to pay off.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

great work

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

Tried it… well, grids are more or less OK (even though there is too much excess stealth for lvl80 char, IMHO), just aethersands themselves… aren’t really promising, gil-per-hour-wise. Also, 4 out of 6 grids bring you very cheap crystals, which makes them quite worthless. Maybe it changes when 5.1 with raids and raid gear crafted from aethersands is released (assuming that it WILL actually use aethersands rather than demimateria III).

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    3+

i made 100 million one day when aethersands became important, so do not underestimate this stuff 🙂

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by 4DDCom 4DDCom.

uwotmate
    Participant

I asked for this a few days ago, thanks a ton for sharing this. Works great as far as I can tell.

neoseeker
    Participant

How fast is this comparing to run white scripts nodes and buy colored sands from them.

edgedy
    Participant

Faster then white scrip.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

How fast is this comparing to run white scripts nodes and buy colored sands from them.

You get at average 3 collectables out of an average spot w/o bonuses, each of which grants you some 29-30 white scrips at average. Even the cheapest aethersand costs you 100 scrips, and you can receive more than one if you are gathering aethersands manually. Go figure…

Amity
    Amity
    Participant

Great job!
    Just thought I’d point out that there are at least 2-3 players running this scenario constantly on Gilgamesh.
    If you’re on that server and you plan on running this scenario, do yourself a favor and modify the navigation points a bit.

Msghall1229
    Participant
    1+

Can you set this up to run more than one item. sorry I am new to this and trying to learn how to use it.

SuperSul
    SuperSul
    Participant

Can you set this up to run more than one item.

The grids are usable to farm the items listed normally. Go to the gathering tab and create a new preset for the item you want using the corresponding grid. So you could make a new preset for Dwarven Cotton using the White Clay grid and just farm the cotton normally.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 93 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.