[SCENARIO] Maelstron GC Venture/Cordial farm for dummies(me)

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [SCENARIO] Maelstron GC Venture/Cordial farm for dummies(me)

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  YoToDoShi 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

iifetap
    Participant
    1+

I made these scenarios mostly for myself but decided to share.

Requirements:70+ combat job, Sergeant Second Class

Step 1A: Equip your 70+ job
    Step 1b: In your miqobot select combat tab, squadrons, and on the drop dropdown select Sohm Al, and count 1.
    Step 2: Open dungeon finder, click the cog wheel on the top left, check box for Undersized Party, click confirm button.
    Step 3: Open system menu (esc), Character Configuration, Item Settings, make sure “Store all newly obtained items in the Armory Chest” is UNCHECKED. This will put all gear obtained in the dungeon to go directly into your inventory and not your armory chest.
    Step 4: Ensure you have ~2 tabs worth of space in your inventory, random potions and other garbage will fill it.
    Step 5: Run the scenario from chapter 1 if you are NOT in Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks. If you are in Limsa Lominsa, repair your gear, teleport to The Aftcastle, and start from chapter 2.

Information: Chapters 2 and 4 are identical, they run the dungeons, chapter 3 and 5 sells seals for cordials/ventures. If you wan’t to make this longer, just simply copy/paste new chapters. In chapters 2 you will see the command repeatChapter(12), you get between 6000 and 9000 seals per run, so adjust that number according to your max seals limit. Each dungeon run takes ~10 minutes with a level 80 dps job.

I highly suggest you don’t sell the cordials on the market, flooding the market is bad, farm them for personal use only.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by  iifetap. Reason: forgot to add scenarios
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

iifetap
    Participant

Forgot to add scenarios

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Wait how are you running command dungeons unsync’d? The UI is different from the DF UI, ticking off unsync’d in DF menu wont affect the squadron’s UI.

iifetap
    Participant

Not sure I understand what you are asking? This runs normal Al Sohm solo as whatever combat job you are and then turns in seals for ventures/cordials. Command/squadron dungeons have no part in this, its only mentioned so you have miqo preset to run Al Sohm.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Oh uhm Guess I mustave done something wrong. I figured it was a solo run instance but it wouldnt start unless I was in the barracks and with squad ready to go.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Figured it out… turns out the scenario is VERY TOUCHY. If you so much as look at your mouse, it breaks, Lol Thanks for this.

iifetap
    Participant

Figured it out… turns out the scenario is VERY TOUCHY. If you so much as look at your mouse, it breaks, Lol Thanks for this.

Haha yes this is true for the vendor interaction portion, unfortunately Miqobot doesn’t have vendor support (yet?) so this is what has to be done, having a bad ping can also cause it to break.

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant

does this work with other GCs?

edit:ignore me im stupid, carry on

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by Antonkell Antonkell.
    Dragonage16
    Dragonage16
    Participant

Hey,

thanks for the scenario! Have not run it yet but I do have a question:

It makes your character run the dungeon until you have approximately 90k seals, and then turns them in for either cordials or venture tokens, right? I am planning on letting this run over night for several hours, but I am sadly not very knowledgeable in this regard. How exactly do I “copy paste” in this case? Just literally copy everything in chapter one, make a new chapter 6 and paste everything in it and so on? Or can I somehow copy the entire scenario or something?

I just don’t want to wake up in the morning and see my character only having completed one full cycle. Thanks in advance!

Dragonage16
    Dragonage16
    Participant

Just tried running it as is to see how it works and I am getting error messages.

If I start not in Limsa from Chapter 1 I get “Uhoh. There’s no key bound to action ‘Switch to Hotbar 6′”, if I start in Limsa from Chapter 2 I get the same error but with Hotbar 3.

Do I need some kind of special key layout? I checked out this guide https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-keybinds/ but it did not really explain why I get those error messages. I have teleport + mount on Hotbar 1 for my Gatherers, but that does not seem to be the issue.

Can someone help? Thanks

iifetap
    Participant
    2+

Try using this new one. Chapter 3 is resending of retainers, it’s preloaded to do 6 retainers so if you have more/less you can adjust it, or just delete the entire chapter if you don’t want to re-send retainers. Chapter 4 is where you buy either venture tokens or cordials, just add/remove the //. It’s set up to exchange GC for venture/cordials about every hour but you can adjust that in chapter 2 by putting in a higher/lower number in the repeatChapter(#). You can get anywhere between 5000-8000 seals per run based on RNG so I wouldn’t put the number any higher than 10. The whole thing will auto-repeat.

As for the errors you are receiving I have no clue, I can’t reproduce the issue. Only thing I can think of is maybe you accidentally overwritten your hotbar switch buttons? Click the system button on the bottom right of your screen, then click keybinds, then go to the system tab and scroll to the bottom, should look like this.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  iifetap.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Dragonage16
    Dragonage16
    Participant
    1+

It worked!

Thank you very much.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I’ve been using this scenario on and off. I’d recommned repeating the dungeonchapter only 2 times, as if you keep spamming it, most of the loot is gonna hit the floor, since they’re uniques.

iifetap
    Participant

I’ve been using this scenario on and off. I’d recommned repeating the dungeonchapter only 2 times, as if you keep spamming it, most of the loot is gonna hit the floor, since they’re uniques.

It should be turning in gear after every dungeon run, shouldn’t waste anything.

Sekx
    Sekx
    Blocked
    1+

I followed your guide on here on how to use this scenario but it is not working for me. Instead of running it Unsynced solo, it tries to join Sohm Al using my Squadron. I’ve done everything the way it was supposed to be done but yet it won’t work, any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.