Scenario Editing

Forum Forums Discussion Scenario Editing

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by lalafell lalafell 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Sorry if this has been asked, but I’ve been looking through the forums and couldn’t find my answer. I’ve been trying to figure out scenarios over the past few days. I’ve been mostly learning from older posts, the [?] button on miqo and reading through the prebuilts, but I’m still confused on some points. Specifically, movement and how one tells their character when, where, and how to move.

I was using the diadem fishing as my test case, so I’m going from there. It looks like you have the scenario, which can include comments/descriptors, functions, and references to grids and presets. I’m not certain how the grid functions at all. There’s x,y,and z coordinates, foot, fly, and mount but I wasn’t able to figure out the logic behind why those specific coords were chosen. The preset part seems pretty self-explanatory, so that’s good.

When the character is told to go to a waypoint (how is a waypoint determined?) they mounted up and flew. Likewise, if I tried to tell them to go to a specific coordinate goToXYZ, they flew instead of walked. Is this normal or is it because it’s diadem and it’s multilevel so I might have had the Z wrong? When the character is told to move via another method such as findfish(), they walk–although I have the issue where the character moves one pace at a time, very jittery/glitchy when this happens–instead of mounting. I assume it’s because they’re trying to access the skill. When I use findfish(x, y), the character doesn’t move at all.

It’s a bit disjointed, but I’m curious about multiple elements. How do grids actually work? How do I change exactly where one lands, moves to, and how they get there (running/sprinting/flying)? What actually causes the very slow and suspicious looking movement that I was getting? Also, sidenote, how does one see the Z coord from where they’re standing in this game? I know it’s a lot but I’d appreciate any help with any of these topics.

Krude
    Participant
    1+

Here’s what you want:

As for finding out about the coordinates you’re at and the viewpoint angle you currently have, check the “monitor” tab in Miqo, select “main” (if it’s set to crafting), then check the lower left values.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by  Krude.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

how is a waypoint determined?

By looking at the grid on your screen. Navigation tab > show on radar.

When the character is told to move via another method such as findfish(), they walk–although I have the issue where the character moves one pace at a time, very jittery/glitchy when this happens–instead of mounting.

findFish() is not a movement method. Its a function for small jittery steps to face your character the correct direction. Its used when you arrive at the fishing spot but the game doesnt let you cast the rod for whatever reason. If you run you risk jumping into the water and findFish() does exactly whats needed in this case.

When I use findfish(x, y), the character doesn’t move at all.

Make sure that x and y are correct waypoint numbers.

The rest of your questions should be answered by the guide Krude posted.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Thank you both. I was looking at the text document originally and observing what was happening. I was landing, then findfish() was acting as my movement. From what I’m understanding on how waypoints are built now I think I understand it enough to make my own scenario, which was the end goal, but I also think I get why it was happening. I’m assuming that because my character is so small I was landing too far off from the original plan, and then findfish() was taking those small steps to face the correct direction, but I was actually nowhere near my target destination–instead of the original intent of perhaps just rotating the camera. I’ll try to work with it to get a fuller understanding later. Thank you again.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.