[Scenario] Blue Crab farming

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [Scenario] Blue Crab farming

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

There’s multiple triggers for a suspicious message in the game. There’s the 45 min one, which requires you to just move at least a few feet away. Then there’s one for the pool itself. I don’t know exact times, but it takes a few hours at least. Moving to another pool in the zone works to reset this one, but if you continue to fish in the same zone for a really long time, you’ll get hard-locked out of fishing within that entire map until you leave, cast your line in a pool in another zone, and then you can come back.

I’ve run into the hard-lock in Diadem quite a few times and now just cast my line at Gridania or Lav Beds every few hours. I haven’t tested this scenario out yet, but it seemed you were having issues with suspicious fish, so I hope that helped.

Yeah the probably easiest route is to just reset every 30min or 60min (if you switch spot once, like in my second full updated post). Thanks for the intel though, could be very helpful for future stuff, if the conditions are better known.

hey for some reason i use this secnario and get to the fishing spot, it automatically says the fishing is sensing something amiss, is this a bug or something with the game by any chance?

In that case you hit the suspicous timer, either you fished too long in the same spot, were standing too long afk near those fishing spot or something else. You could solve that by fishing in another area once, for example in Il Mheg or Gridania, etc.

I currently don’t have much time for ffxiv and miqo. So I can’t look for a good reset spot in Norvrandt to save on the port costs. If you want a working method (so no fishes sense something amiss), just use the first Scenario download from here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-blue-crab-farming/#post-23773
    and then remove the Fishing Preset and re-import it from the post here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-blue-crab-farming/#post-24002

I tried it once and even without actually hooking a fish, you will reset the fishing (or at least postpone it enough, so it doesn’t get recognized in 2 hours)
    Once I’ve time again, I will make a final version, with a reset fishing hole in Norvrandt and maybe the same bait to use. So you don’t need two baits in your bag.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    1+

* FULL UPDATE IN THIS POST *

Hello again.

So I updated it ( hopefully for the last time now 🙂 ).
    I adjusted the grid a little (so get rid of the old duplicates)

New Stuff:
    – Reduced Fishing Preset count from 2 to 1
    – Reset Fishing hole is in Norvrandt (porting cost reduce)
    – Added commented Materia extract (though the scenario doesn’t really increase bonds with gear, so it’s commented as default)

How to use, after import:
    – You need to have the folklore book for fishing in Norvrandt
    – Have the baits in your inventory (squid strips and versatile lure)
    – Use a cast/hook macro and let it be the first “Cast”-Skill on your hotbar* to interrupt your fishing after 10 seconds like so (replace “Cast” and “Hook” with the appropriate skills in your language):

/micon "Cast"
    /ac "Cast" <wait.10>
    /ac "Hook"

– If you plan to let it go for a long time, you might want to uncomment the repair() line in Chapter 1
    ensure you have enough squid strips in your inventory!
    – Start the Scenario

* Miqobot detects the first “Cast”-Skill on your hotbars for usage. It searches for hotbar first and then the slot on the hotbar. So hotbar 1 will always be preferred over hotbar 2. You can place your normal cast and the cast-macro next to each other and switch the macro to be first, if you are using this Scenario.

How to fish longer before reset
    There is another Version attached here (double), where it’s changing fishing spot one time, before doing the reset (so fishing two times for 30min). This might be more natural and just works fine aswell. I just duplicated the original Chapter 2 and 3 for this and fixed the general spots, so it doesn’t randomely choose the same spot again, when it’s changing.
    If you wish to let it go in another order or to other spots you can adjust it (the comments should provide enough info). Just be aware that the fishing spot you chose for Chapter 2 and 4 have specific fishing angles in Chapter 3 and 5.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    M0ist
    M0ist
    Participant

This was working absolutely fine for me up until tonight. I had gotten duplicates from a different scenario, couldn’t spot what was dupliucated exactly so I just deleted everything, and then imported solely fishing3-double. Now it will go land at the spot, cast like a couple times rather than fish for 30 minutes and says scenario chapter 3 complete but can’t teleport because my rod is still out and just gets stuck there lol. Not sure what the deal is at this point

*Edit* Never mind, turns out I’m just a moron and accidently removed hook from my bar, so it was failing the sequence and simply trying to move on… it’s 3am for me, pls forgive hahah. Regardless Thanks for the efforts put into your scenario here!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by M0ist M0ist.

freikugel2
    Participant

Hey, at this point, the script works well enough, except it’s releasing the blue crabs as it catches them.

Edit- It fixed itself after reboot. Keep on gameing!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  freikugel2.
    anatacerenity
    anatacerenity
    Participant

ty i will try it

Royalbloodi
    Participant

Ok… See, I’m still confused here. I get to the end of the first 30 minutes of fishing and my toon just stands there with his rod out while Miqobot asks me why the teleport button isn’t available. I have Hook on my bar. I don’t know how to fix this. Suggestions?

**I’m currently using the Modification with the macro for waiting 10 seconds for blue crabs**

/micon “Cast”
    /ac “Cast” <wait.10>
    /ac “Hook”
    /echo <se.2>

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Royalbloodi.
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Ok… See, I’m still confused here. I get to the end of the first 30 minutes of fishing and my toon just stands there with his rod out while Miqobot asks me why the teleport button isn’t available. I have Hook on my bar. I don’t know how to fix this. Suggestions?

**I’m currently using the Modification with the macro for waiting 10 seconds for blue crabs**

/micon “Cast”
    /ac “Cast” <wait.10>
    /ac “Hook”
    /echo <se.2>

That sounds like you don’t have the “Quit” Skill on your hotbar. So miqo cannot stop the fishing process.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.