[Scenario] Blue Crab farming

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [Scenario] Blue Crab farming

This topic contains 21 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

A simple scenario dedicated to farming blue crabs.

Content:
    – 1 Scenario
    – 2 Navigation Grids
    – 2 Fishing Presets

There is currently no way of using identical cast and double hook in combination for a specific fish. So the best use of skills in my opinion is using chum to speed up the process. No Cordial usage as this would burn trough all your cordials in no time.

There are 3 different general spots with 11 individual spots in the grid. Which will be randomely chosen. You can choose one general spot if you prefer one of them. Default it chooses randomely from all available spots. (Look into Chapter 2)

You can jump into it at any time, if you wish.

– If you need to move to a fishing spot jump into Chapter 2
    – If you are already at a fishing spot jump into Chapter 3
    – If you need to reset the fishing hole cause of suspicious fish, jump into Chapter 4

It is expected that you have the squid strips bait in your bag. Also versatile lure, to use when resetting the fishing hole.

The fishing preset releases all fish. This doesn’t count for blue crabs, as they are 2-star fish, which are considered legendary for miqo. Legendary fish will never be released. If you want to keep all the other fish aswell, remove the relase checkboxes in the Bluecrab fishing preset and save it.

I didn’t tested it in depth, but it should work without any major problems. If you encounter one, feel free to point it out.

Edit: The reset fishing hole grid is maybe a little bit unpolished, but it shouldn’t be that big of a problem, as it is just every ~30min or so.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Little update: I needed to explicitly place land() and dismount(), after moving to a fishing hole, so you don’t get stuck in air.
    So I exported the full scenario again.

You can delete the scenario. And re-import from this file here. It should only import the scenario, as the rest are duplicates.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    shallowsteve
    shallowsteve
    Participant

[Deleted]

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by shallowsteve shallowsteve.
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

I added a possibility to use timing in this fishing scenario. Or lets say, anyone using it needs to do it. I’ve changed the fishing preset to use double hook and not chum anymore, so you need to delete the old fishing preset. However with the following macro, you almost exclusively catch bluecrabs, so you don’t waste bait and time catching other fish.

So replace your cast skill with this macro during this scenario (you can remove the /echo line if you want to):

german

/micon "Angeln"
    /ac "Angeln" <wait.11>
    /ac "Anschlag"
    /echo <se.2>

english

/micon "Cast"
    /ac "Cast" <wait.11>
    /ac "Hook"
    /echo <se.2>

This will increase the crabs you will get by a lot. I am speaking of like 400-500% or even higher percentage more, plus you don’t waste bait on other fish.

Edit: I am not sure if this breaks the reset chapter though. As if you don’t fish anything, I am not sure if it gets reset. If it doesn’t, I might need to add some non artifical bait, so you get a hook in the first 10 seconds.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by Nekro Nekro.
    Attachments:

vega
    Participant

I am so bad and new at fishing it hurts, so this might again be a dumb question. As it stands i downloaded the lower szenario of the two, deleted the fishing presets and added the latest preset with the timing. i got both versatile lure and the squid thingies. I am clicking on the szenario and i see him using your macro. But for around 50 casts in a row now , he returns the line before anything bites. i think one fish bit in the entirety of the process and it wasnt a blue crab. Your macro states that he basically tries to hook after 11 seconds , which he does for me. But nothing EVER bites. :C

vega
    Participant

i forgot the folklore books are a thing … is that it ?

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Yes, folklore book is required to catch the bluecrab. That you just got one false fish actually is a good sign. Now you just need to get the book and it should work just fine.

hummel
    hummel
    Participant

That second version worked very well for me, a single run (2 hours) netted me ~200 blue crabs (with about 17% HQ) and only 4 other fish.

But, is there a specific reason you chose Fallgourd Float as the reset location, that cost me 999gil*2 per reset, so almost 8000gil.
    Why not use a destination in Norvrandt?

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

That second version worked very well for me, a single run (2 hours) netted me ~200 blue crabs (with about 17% HQ) and only 4 other fish.

But, is there a specific reason you chose Fallgourd Float as the reset location, that cost me 999gil*2 per reset, so almost 8000gil.
    Why not use a destination in Norvrandt?

I actually didn’t put much thought into it, because I have another reset location, which is the Company Building in Lavenderbeds (costs just around 250 and have fishing spot really close). But I cannot guarantee that everyone got a flat in lavenderbeds. So I needed to quickly think about a location, which has a fishing spot near it’s aetheryte and this is the one I found first. I don’t think any port in Norvrandt got a fishing spot that close to the port point.

However, I might change it later, when I have time for it.

Also: Did you hooked a fish on the resetting fish hole? And if not, I assume the resetting works as intended, without catching a fish?

Xion
    Participant

I had a scenario previously for this, I use a different fishing hole in the same zone to reset.

However, the macro is working really good so thank you for that.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by  Xion.
    hummel
    hummel
    Participant

Also: Did you hooked a fish on the resetting fish hole? And if not, I assume the resetting works as intended, without catching a fish?

I didn’t pay too much attention to them, but three of the extra fish were definitely not from the reset.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

* FULL UPDATE IN THIS POST *

I had a scenario previously for this, I use a different fishing hole in the same zone to reset.

However, the macro is working really good so thank you for that.

I had the opinion that this worked aswell. However when I tested it in Il Mheg for Levinsand the fish suddenly went “Suspicious”, although it worked before for multiple hours. And maybe it was a bug, but I actually couldn’t fish anymore in Il Mheg. I needed to change the area first. After that it worked again.

However I changed the Scenario a bit, so you reset the timer by just moving to another fishing hole for the bluecrab (you can change the ones you are going to yourself in Chapter 2 and 4, but let them be different ones). For that I also updated the grid.
    So you don’t need another grid and fishing Preset for the reset anymore, if this works over long periods of time (not tested).

I reduced the macro I used to 10 seconds, as the fish you were getting, were probably from a double hook and you just release one of those fish then it seems. (see below for the updated macros).

You also can uncomment the repair() in Chapter 1, if you plan to repeat it for a long time.

I tested this for around an hour and it doesn’t show suspicious fish, but it might need longer to trigger it.

Macros (as I already mentioned in the post above, you can remove the /echo line, if you want to):

german

/micon "Angeln"
    /ac "Angeln" <wait.10>
    /ac "Anschlag"
    /echo <se.2>

english

/micon "Cast"
    /ac "Cast" <wait.10>
    /ac "Hook"
    /echo <se.2>

If anything doesn’t work right, feel free to point it out. I didn’t test the new movement options for long.

Attachments:
    lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

There’s multiple triggers for a suspicious message in the game. There’s the 45 min one, which requires you to just move at least a few feet away. Then there’s one for the pool itself. I don’t know exact times, but it takes a few hours at least. Moving to another pool in the zone works to reset this one, but if you continue to fish in the same zone for a really long time, you’ll get hard-locked out of fishing within that entire map until you leave, cast your line in a pool in another zone, and then you can come back.

I’ve run into the hard-lock in Diadem quite a few times and now just cast my line at Gridania or Lav Beds every few hours. I haven’t tested this scenario out yet, but it seemed you were having issues with suspicious fish, so I hope that helped.

Xion
    Participant

Wasn’t aware of the zone hard lock but easiest would be move to a different zone and fish hole altogether.

clementxd
    Participant

hey for some reason i use this secnario and get to the fishing spot, it automatically says the fishing is sensing something amiss, is this a bug or something with the game by any chance?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.