[Scenario] 5.3 Master Crafter Mats/Legendary Nodes

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [Scenario] 5.3 Master Crafter Mats/Legendary Nodes

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Arreal 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Weird Cat
    Weird Cat
    Participant
    1+

Hello Miqo community. Here’s my first scenario.

This scenario will repeat itself over 24 ET hours, repairing at the midday mark, and will gather these mats:

Duskblooms (Duskbloom Cloth), BTN
    Ashen Alumen (Megalania Leather), MIN
    Fireheart Cobalt (Cobalt Alloy Ingot), MIN
    Brashgold Ore (Brashgold Plate), MIN
    Merbau Log (Merbau Lumber), BTN
    Tender Dill (Defthand’s Dissolvent), BTN
    Purpure Shell Chip (Purpure Bead), MIN

I made my own gathering and navigation grids for these, and I do not mind whatsoever if these grids or the scenario as a whole is modified and reposted in the thread. If you have changes you want to make, make them and post them here. I’m not aware of how to upload to a specific grid and gather preset database but if someone could do that for me (assuming there is one) I would appreciate it. Same goes for updating my grids or replacing them with better ones.

The scenario itself will do all of the above, but in the AM will mine Brashgold Ore and in the PM will mine Fireheart Cobalt. You can swap these out as you prefer since they’re in the same node.

I would somewhat recommend commenting out the repair chapter or removing it entirely as these gathers make little to no impact on your durability, but it’s there just in case. All of these mats require Vrandtic Folklore.

As a note: I didn’t set the gather presets up with non-english names. If the bot refuses to gather anything for you, you may need to add the name of the item in your language. If anyone knows the quick fix for this, go ahead and fix and reupload.

Reminder to try and abstain from running this overnight and unattended, as chances are moderately higher you could be reported since most of these materials are brand new.

Happy gathering 🙂

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

henlo
    Participant

For me it keeps selecting the wrong slot(i.e duskbloom node), which makes it get stuck. Any ideas how to fix it?

Weird Cat
    Weird Cat
    Participant

My mistake, to fix it (I think, I can’t test it presently as I’m busy with something else) do this:

Go into Brashgold, Tender Dill, AshenAlumen, FireheartCobalt, PurpureShellChip, Duskbloom and MerbauLog on the gathering tab. Under “Gathering Node” in the top left change both slot and count to 0 then click overwrite. Do this for each and remember to click overwrite or it won’t save.

I’ll fix this in a few hours and reupload the scenario when I’m not busy. If anyone else in the community fixes this, or applies the proper slots to each preset then go ahead and upload that version.

I’m assuming that will force it to ignore the node tab and slot, and instead use gather by name. This will cause issues for people with other languages but once I fix and reupload that shouldn’t happen.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Weird Cat Weird Cat.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Ive just tried it and it worked perfectly. Thanks!

And yea once you apply correct slot numbers to each preset people playing in other languages wont have that problem anymore.

Weird Cat
    Weird Cat
    Participant
    1+

Here is the fixed version with the correct slot numbers. Grabbed them from Garlandtools. This should work on all languages and providing Squenix don’t shuffle the slots should work just fine for as long as these mats are relevant.

If I would offer one little bit of advice it’d be to randomize your “afkUntil” timers anywhere between 5 and 30 minutes so it’s slightly less obvious if a lot of people start using this scenario.

Here’s an example line:

afkUntil(06:10et)
    into
    afkUntil(06:47et)

Change the second set of digits to anything between :05 and :50 or higher, depending. The more random the better, it makes you less likely to get caught or lumped in with groups of people using the scenario if a ton of people start using it. It’d be pretty cool if Miqo got a function that could automate this within the scenario itself. Something like waitRandom(time in minutes) with an ET modifier that picks a random point within the parameter set.

Regardless, if there are any other issues besides the ones I fixed, post them and I’ll see what I can do.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by Weird Cat Weird Cat.
    Attachments:
    lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

Thank you for this. It worked perfectly.

sherbet
    Participant

This was extremely useful, thank you! Rarely (only twice in a good few hours) I noticed the bot get stuck on the very edge of the cliff the Tender Dill node is on, I think because it tries to go straight from the flying marker to the node without dismounting first. I always supervise the bot so I caught it quickly but just in case, it would be good to move the flying grid marker further in/make sure it dismounts before attempting to reach the node.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  sherbet.

curseofthegods
    Participant

Thanks for this. I am having the same problems as above and it gets stuck on the aetheryte as well sometimes on that route, so I keep it supervised. Other than that works perfectly. Not sure why I can’t get it to use my cordials though

Xion
    Participant

Might’ve fixed by OP but a workaround (to my understanding) is using gatherSlot(number here), should override the gatherer preset setting on slot.

Xion
    Participant

Thanks for this. I am having the same problems as above and it gets stuck on the aetheryte as well sometimes on that route, so I keep it supervised. Other than that works perfectly. Not sure why I can’t get it to use my cordials though

Generally I use icon function for that.

example:

icon(7,3 2.5)

7= Hotbar no7
    3= slot in hotbar
    2.5= second delay, 2.5 is a good reference point in my experience

curseofthegods
    Participant

Generally I use icon function for that.

example:

icon(7,3 2.5)

7= Hotbar no7
    3= slot in hotbar
    2.5= second delay, 2.5 is a good reference point in my experience

Thanks I will give it a try!

Weird Cat
    Weird Cat
    Participant

I think I tried to fix this in the second file I uploaded, if you check the Tender Dill navigation grid there should be a waypoint labeled “6,foot” which I would imagine Miqo goes to first then dismounts. Failing that, you can force the bot to do it with the following line, placed somewhere in the chapter:

waypoint(6)

As long as that’s added after the grid is chosen and before the gathering then it should go there, dismount and then gather and continue as normal. Remember to click save after you add this line.

RE: Cordials for those who asked; I initially had the bot using cordials after every gather, but I found through testing that my GP recharged to full anyway between gathers so I removed it. The post above mine with the examples on how to tell miqo to use cordials is how it works, so go ahead and make your own modifications.

Cake
    Participant

Is there a way to make it after every gather so it goes back to homepoint?

Cake
    Participant

I figured it out.

Also, everytime it goes to Tender drill it gets stuck at the ledge at the mountain

Uxhak
    Participant
    2+

Hello

This is a great scenario and I have been using it for a while now.

I noticed some issues with the grids and I fixed them, and while I was doing that I decided to add to this for people who like doing multiple things or are just hoarders of crafting mats like me. This is Exactly Weird cat’s scenario except it repeats its self and also farms Tungsten, Prismstone, Beryllium Ore, Imperial Herb, and Sandalwood log and sap. It is just double the original scenario so 48 Eorzean hours and farms 1 each of 600+ collectable Tungsten and prismstone for white script turn in (need 600+ gp for the rotation).

This scenario will need some customizing as I made it go to my estate hall to repair and not elumore like it did originally as well as do some extra movements there to look more natural.

Outside of the intermission teleport there is little adjustment needed as I don’t use any special keybinds for cordials or anything else. I adjusted the original rotations to turn off/on collectors glove automatically so this scenario dose not need any real supervision. Just sit there and watch Netflix or something. If anyone else is interested in making this even better/longer feel free to do so and please share 🙂

P.S. I hope Weird Cat doesn’t mind if I hijack his scenario BUT I’m a huge mat hoarder and I just had to extend this to cover all the mats that spawned during these times. XD

P.P.S While you will most defiantly need to change the grid for the intermission teleport to your own estates as well as teleport selection if you have multiple. But I highly recommend doing the teleport back home over going to the city for repairs.

P.P.P.S While I have tested this in parts, I have not yet runt he whole thing in one go yet. So if there are any issues tell me. Though I do feel like I’ve dealt with them all.

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.