Reuse

Forum Forums Discussion Reuse

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

2. If you meant durability though, there would be no other alternative, because Reuse costs 60 CP and even the lowest durability increaser costs 88 CP.

Waste Not is 56. Besides, it did really receive second life in ShB: in conjunction with Preparatory Touch is makes wonders for rather low price (as Waste Not basically saves 40 dur instead of 20 in case of 4 Prep in the row). Though, it still leaves the question unanswered: how do you manage to finish the craft if Reuse actually procs, so CPs are spent, and you do not have enough durability to finish w/o Waste Not?

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Though, it still leaves the question unanswered: how do you manage to finish the craft if Reuse actually procs, so CPs are spent, and you do not have enough durability to finish w/o Waste Not?

Eh why? I always have absolutely enough CP left on my crafts to both HQ the item, use Reuse AND finish the craft o_ô
    Not talking about the newest crafted gear though, since there it isn’t worth using Reuse imho. I only use Reuse on crafts where the mat I get back costs 1m+ on the MB.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

To have Miqo use reuse currently you have to put a observe after it manually. However when its implemented its super broken for high level crafts like Indigo shirt and the new released master crafts. The top item is what gets returned so if you commission an indigo shirt, a bed mount, or the new LTH glam gear you have a 30% chance at a free material.

You dont actually, I simply have a macro with reuse/csIII and use that as the reuse button. If reuse can be used, then it’ll use it. Otherwise, it”ll use CSIII.

I have a macro that uses it in case it becomes available

o_O Now you made me curious… You always reserve CPs for Reuse, so macro can press it in case it’s available, but just waste them otherwise? Or you’ve found a way to put these extra CPs into a good use (say, to increase quality) when Reuse is not available?

I use food, HQ BB to craft. That and capped CP allows me to Reuse ad the end of the craft, after getting 100% quality. And yes, if reuse doesnt proc, then its CP “wasted”, but its CP that I would otherwise not need.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LutBot LutBot.

Chainer
    Participant

Arguments about usefulness aside, I wanted to share that I did find a way to get Miqo to use reuse with crafting macros without getting stuck when it doesn’t proc. I changed reuse on my hotbar to a macro that does reuse, wait 2, then whatever ability is next in my rotation, usually careful synth. Has anyone found any other ways to use it with Miqo?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Arguments about usefulness aside, I wanted to share that I did find a way to get Miqo to use reuse with crafting macros without getting stuck when it doesn’t proc. I changed reuse on my hotbar to a macro that does reuse, wait 2, then whatever ability is next in my rotation, usually careful synth. Has anyone found any other ways to use it with Miqo?

I literally mentioned that right on the post above yours, Lol. I believe Lyfox also mentioned another way to use it on a different thread, tho I cant remember exactly how or where.

Chainer
    Participant

Haha my bad, I kind of stopped reading thoroughly when I noticed people were arguing about whether or not it was useful.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I only use Reuse on crafts where the mat I get back costs 1m+ on the MB.

Then it looks like this is not really useful skill… as there are not that many such crafts around.

I use food, HQ BB to craft. That and capped CP allows me to Reuse ad the end of the craft, after getting 100% quality.

So basically you spend some 3 mins more to craft HQ intermediate mats for each eq craft so you can have enough CPs to use Reuse, and receive 1 (one) HQ material back after some 25% crafts? 🙂 Doesn’t look like efficient way to craft… you could have made dozen more HQ mats by this time if you simply crafted eq using NQ mats w/o Reuse!

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

I only use Reuse on crafts where the mat I get back costs 1m+ on the MB.

Then it looks like this is not really useful skill… as there are not that many such crafts around.

I use food, HQ BB to craft. That and capped CP allows me to Reuse ad the end of the craft, after getting 100% quality.

So basically you spend some 3 mins more to craft HQ intermediate mats for each eq craft so you can have enough CPs to use Reuse, and receive 1 (one) HQ material back after some 25% crafts? 🙂 Doesn’t look like efficient way to craft… you could have made dozen more HQ mats by this time if you simply crafted eq using NQ mats w/o Reuse!

If that isnt reaching, idk what is. I spend like less than a minute crafting 3 HQ BB that last 45 minutes each. Thats enough for a good crafting session, and its totally worth it for 2* food and pots (if you dont think its worth it, then you’re missing the whole point).

Also, there’s plenty of synths that use very expensive materials. FireGlass Vest, Indigo shirt, Magicked bed, just to name a few. I dont even need food for these, my base CP lets me 100% from 0% and still have CP to Reuse.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

If that isnt reaching, idk what is. I spend like less than a minute crafting 3 HQ BB that last 45 minutes each. Thats enough for a good crafting session, and its totally worth it for 2* food and pots (if you dont think its worth it, then you’re missing the whole point).

Whops! Sorry, didn’t realise at first what “BB” is – I thought it’s some kind of intermediate mats. Well, I use food too, but I didn’t meld any expensive materia, so my combo of eq + materia + food + tea barely lets me create 100% HQ items out of 100% NQ mats, so Reuse is not for me 🙂 at least, not in case of 80** eq.

Also, there’s plenty of synths that use very expensive materials. FireGlass Vest, Indigo shirt, Magicked bed, just to name a few. I dont even need food for these, my base CP lets me 100% from 0% and still have CP to Reuse.

Well dunno… in the world of deflation such crafts are kind of lottery, even w/o Reuse. For example, when I made my first Indigo shirt, I bought each cloth at 3m (just before patch 5.01), and tried to sell shirt at 12m. Failed horribly: was outbid, them indigo price started to go down to as low as 2.2 mil, so even people who were selling shirts at 8 mil had their profits… while I lost a million. After patch was out, indigo prices stabilized a bit… but still, it’s quite bad business atm, especially after they removed tax-free from Crystarium.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Whops! Sorry, didn’t realise at first what “BB” is – I thought it’s some kind of intermediate mats. Well, I use food too, but I didn’t meld any expensive materia, so my combo of eq + materia + food + tea barely lets me create 100% HQ items out of 100% NQ mats, so Reuse is not for me 🙂 at least, not in case of 80** eq.

Well dunno… in the world of deflation such crafts are kind of lottery, even w/o Reuse. For example, when I made my first Indigo shirt, I bought each cloth at 3m (just before patch 5.01), and tried to sell shirt at 12m. Failed horribly: was outbid, them indigo price started to go down to as low as 2.2 mil, so even people who were selling shirts at 8 mil had their profits… while I lost a million. After patch was out, indigo prices stabilized a bit… but still, it’s quite bad business atm, especially after they removed tax-free from Crystarium.

The trick to these is crafting them as soon as they come out, and keep on top of the prices. MB fiends will update their prices every five minutes and buyers usually go for lowest market items even tho they usually end up paying more because of the taxes.

Yesterday I ran the new treasure dungeon and walked out with FOUR fireglass leathers.. already had one on hand, made a shirt and sold it.. Reuse proc’d when I made it, then crafted another one and guess what.. another proc lol that’s 6m+ profits off Reuse alone. The FireGlass vests are selling for a pretty penny atm. Also got two of the new lumbers, but I sold one not knowing the craft required 3 Lol.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

The trick to these is crafting them as soon as they come out, and keep on top of the prices. MB fiends will update their prices every five minutes

This is the perfect description of the reason why I don’t like crafting as a way to earn for living… So basically it’s not “craft for 1 min then earn 2 mil of profit”, but rather “spend 1 min crafting and then 2 hours of checking the market and outbidding rivals to earn 2 mil of profit”. Right now I’m having the same one mil of profit per hour just from grinding, BUT!!! this is bot time I’m speaking about, rather than my (human) time. I can multiply these profits 4x if I buy more accounts and put a new toon per each CPU core to run simultaneously (and even more if I buy another comp some day), which can’t quite be done in case of market play…

and buyers usually go for lowest market items even tho they usually end up paying more because of the taxes.

Eh? o_O I don’t get this part… Buyers are supposed to buy the cheapest, no? This is the reason why “MB fiends” check market every 5 mins – to make their lots highest in the list (i.e. cheapest)?

Yesterday I ran the new treasure dungeon and walked out with FOUR fireglass leathers.. already had one on hand, made a shirt and sold it.. Reuse proc’d when I made it, then crafted another one and guess what.. another proc lol that’s 6m+ profits off Reuse alone.

I wonder how soon are we going to see the day when extremely melded set + rotation which allows to make 100% HQ item AND use Reuse at the same time will be obligatory :)) I.e. the day when crafts made w/o Reuse won’t make any profit, because extra mats received from Reuse will be actual goal and source of crafters’ profit 😛

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Eh? o_O I don’t get this part… Buyers are supposed to buy the cheapest, no? This is the reason why “MB fiends” check market every 5 mins – to make their lots highest in the list (i.e. cheapest)?

I think what he meant is the fact, that people are generally stupid/lazy. They don’t look, where the items are being bought from (on which market the retainer is)(if you buy from the MB of the city where the retainer currently is you pay 0% taxes) and just buy the item with the lowest cost displayed on the marketboard, but ignore the tax that is placed upon the purchase after they pressed buy.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Arc Arc.
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.