Reuse

Forum Forums Discussion Reuse

This topic contains 26 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Zolaeus
    Participant

I was wondering if it was possible to have the bot use reuse when available while the solver option in used.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Reuse will be implemented in the next version approximately in a few weeks.
    Thank you for your patience very much!

Therolyte
    Therolyte
    Participant
    1+

That is actually the most exciting thing to hear \O/

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Everyone super excited for Reuse… I.Dont.Get.It.

It usually gives back a useless mat (one clothe, one ingot, one water… etc) Its only every useful on glams like Summer Shirt and bardings/housing items.. but then you still have to hope to the RNG gods it procs. You COULD reclaim it, but In my experience, reclaim fails 90% of the times xD

Therolyte
    Therolyte
    Participant

Well reclaim is only useful if you’re about to botch something. Reuse will give you any part in return after you FINISH a craft. You still end up with something back after creation is done. Say you’re lucky and you get indigo cloth back. That’s one less indigo cloth to farm/buy. It’s a pity it doesn’t work for collections though.

From my experience it’s always available once you max out the quality. I see that it says proc but I don’t know maybe I’m lucky?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Therolyte Therolyte.
    Therolyte
    Therolyte
    Participant

Nevermind I just used reuse in a collectable. Huzzuh. I love reuse.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Well reclaim is only useful if you’re about to botch something. Reuse will give you any part in return after you FINISH a craft. You still end up with something back after creation is done. Say you’re lucky and you get indigo cloth back. That’s one less indigo cloth to farm/buy. It’s a pity it doesn’t work for collections though.

From my experience it’s always available once you max out the quality. I see that it says proc but I don’t know maybe I’m lucky?

I really doubt you’re this lucky.. or maybe you’ve only crafted like 5 items? Haha well in any case, Most people I’ve talked to say it procs like 1/5 crafts. So yeah, it isnt 100% skill, its an RNG proc that either goes off or doesnt once you reach 100% quality.

zgo63925
    Participant

Reuse has a 30% proc chance and is the single best money making ability in the entire game. Made 80m over the last weeks without touching gathering for a second.
    That’s all im gonna say.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Reuse has a 30% proc chance and is the single best money making ability in the entire game. Made 80m over the last weeks without touching gathering for a second.
    That’s all im gonna say.

Anecdotal. What made you 80m could have cost someone else 100m. Its all in the RNG. 30% proc seems way too high, btw.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Made 80m over the last weeks without touching gathering for a second.

Made 101 mil during the first ten days of ShB, without touching gathering (Miqo was broken back then, and manual farming effectively puts me asleep in no time), via crafts only, without even knowing that Reuse exists (my old skills made me 100% HQ items out of full set of NQ only materials, so why even bother about new skills?) Does that count?

My point is: amount of mil per day does not matter because it depends on too many details. Some statistics like “number of procs per given number of successful crafts” could be useful, OTOH…

Arc
    Arc

It usually gives back a useless mat

I wouldn’t call a Scarlet Tailfeather or a Hive Forewing or a Nidhogg Scale or a Byakko Mane or heck… an Enchanted Elm Lumber that currently costs 8 million gil on my server a useless mat (for instance I got that one back when I crafted a Magicked Bed mount yesterday). Reuse always gives you back the most expensive material (I’ve tested it – it doesn’t always give you back the first slot’s item, but the rarest, since on one recipe I’ve crafted the most expensive mat was in the 4th slot and I got that one back).

Also, its proc rate isn’t too bad. On my first day of having all crafters maxed I’ve made 10 Suzaku bardings from 1 Suzaku Tailfeather, 5 Byakko bardings, 5 byakko thrones and 6 Byakko Cubs from 1 Byakko mane and 3 Seiryu Bardings + 3 Seiryu Sideboards from 1 Seiryu mat. Wouldn’t call that “It never procs”.

The main purpose of Reuse is to get back that super expensive material on crafts that have these mats, not for some generic Kudzu Cloth or Dwarven Mythril Nugget.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Arc Arc.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

It usually gives back a useless mat

I wouldn’t call a Scarlet Tailfeather or a Hive Forewing or a Nidhogg Scale or a Byakko Mane or heck… an Enchanted Elm Lumber that currently costs 8 million gil on my server a useless mat (for instance I got that one back when I crafted a Magicked Bed mount yesterday). Reuse always gives you back the most expensive material (I’ve tested it – it doesn’t always give you back the first slot’s item, but the rarest, since on one recipe I’ve crafted the most expensive mat was in the 4th slot and I got that one back).

Also, its proc rate isn’t too bad. On my first day of having all crafters maxed I’ve made 10 Suzaku bardings from 1 Suzaku Tailfeather, 5 Byakko bardings, 5 byakko thrones and 6 Byakko Cubs from 1 Byakko mane and 3 Seiryu Bardings + 3 Seiryu Sideboards from 1 Seiryu mat. Wouldn’t call that “It never procs”.

The main purpose of Reuse is to get back that super expensive material on crafts that have these mats, not for some generic Kudzu Cloth or Dwarven Mythril Nugget.

You must have some pretty insane luck to craft all that junk off a single item. I’ve crafted indigo shirts, the new jacekts and a bed mount, and guess what never proc’d, not even once? Yup, REUSE. Guess its one of those YMMV things. Heck even crating normal items, it rarely triggers for me ( I have a macro that uses it in case it becomes available). Good for you tho.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I have a macro that uses it in case it becomes available

o_O Now you made me curious… You always reserve CPs for Reuse, so macro can press it in case it’s available, but just waste them otherwise? Or you’ve found a way to put these extra CPs into a good use (say, to increase quality) when Reuse is not available?

uwu
    Participant

To have Miqo use reuse currently you have to put a observe after it manually. However when its implemented its super broken for high level crafts like Indigo shirt and the new released master crafts. The top item is what gets returned so if you commission an indigo shirt, a bed mount, or the new LTH glam gear you have a 30% chance at a free material.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

o_O Now you made me curious… You always reserve CPs for Reuse, so macro can press it in case it’s available, but just waste them otherwise? Or you’ve found a way to put these extra CPs into a good use (say, to increase quality) when Reuse is not available?

1. You cannot increase quality after Reuse procced or didn’t proc either way, because reuse can only proc the moment quality reaches 100%.

2. If you meant durability though, there would be no other alternative, because Reuse costs 60 CP and even the lowest durability increaser costs 88 CP.

3. Yes, you can make a macro that uses another action instead, if Reuse doesn’t proc, by putting the other action (that only gets used if Reuse doesn’t proc) instantly after reuse without wait, like this:

/ac “Byregot’s Blessing” <wait.3>
    /ac Reuse
    /ac otherskill <wait.2>

If Reuse procs it gets used after the 3 second wait of Byregot’s Blessing and it puts you into the animation lock, which prevents the other skill to be used (saying “action is not ready yet”) and the macro only executes that wait.2 command. If Reuse doesn’t proc, it still tries to use it (saying action is not usable) and instantly uses the other skill trying to press the reuse button.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.