[Request] Reverse Y etc

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Reverse Y etc

This topic contains 46 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  zgo63925 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

I cleared both Ultimate’s.
    Without Miqo, cause everyone but you knows that Miqo had no combat back then, and that the fights are so much complicated and require such a high optimisation of everything that only the player can perform.

To be back on topic with your reverse Y axis, and speak a language you seem familiar with, Ultimate’s are 20 times more difficult than an inverted in-flight refuelling in a F-14B with one dead F110-GE-400, or 30 times harder than an Hornet Case III recovery 3rd wire. I can testify that.

So this game has some elite challenges – which is a Good Thing, obviously. Though, the whole point of challenge is to separate skilled enough players from the rest. This is why there are usually extremely few players happy about current level of challenges. Most players (who are not really happy) are divided into two unequal groups:

1) the majority which can’t complete this or that challenge: they whine about it being too hard and justify using tools and activities which make it easier (sometimes including banable tools);
    2) the minority which has gone through the elitest challenges, appeared victorious and now whines about challenges being too easy (never justifying any tools that make it even more easier).
    Note: as players train their skills, they tend to move from the first group to the second one, thus starting to whine again, just because of directly opposite reason. And yes, I know the feeling personally.

Now you say that you cleared both ultimates without Miqo YET you justify using Miqo to complete them. Hmmm… does somebody else see it as a contradiction too?

johnb
    Participant
    1+

Now you say that you cleared both ultimates without Miqo YET you justify using Miqo to complete them. Hmmm… does somebody else see it as a contradiction too?

Nah, its not a contradiction, he’s stating that it’s easier to learn mechanics while not worrying about a rotation when new content is released. Besides it’s a moot point as Miqobot’s Combat system, in my opinion as an Endgame Raider (Purple – Orange Parser), was not ready for StormBlood Savage content nor Ultimate Content.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  johnb.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Besides it’s a moot point as Miqobot’s Combat system, in my opinion as an Endgame Raider (Purple – Orange Parser), was not ready for StormBlood Savage content nor Ultimate Content.

Then I’m lost completely… What’s the point of it, then? Helping to learn Hard/Extreme content? It should be nothing for a man who made it through Ultimate. Assuming that he actually made it, rather than just bragging about it…

johnb
    Participant
    1+

Then I’m lost completely… What’s the point of it, then? Helping to learn Hard/Extreme content? It should be nothing for a man who made it through Ultimate. Assuming that he actually made it, rather than just bragging about it…

Are you asking the point of Miqo’s Combat System? Or are you asking the point of using an incomplete combat system to learn Content?

If the former, User request and easy Job Leveling.

If the latter, all extreme / ultimate content is different and it’s takes 200+ hrs to figure out the mechanics (these are not rotation dependent), having miqobot do the combat will make watching the various statuses, visual queues, Boss tells and sound indicators easier to figure out said mechanics. I imagine it could cut that learning time down by about 50 – 100 hours.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

If the latter, all extreme / ultimate content is different and it’s takes 200+ hrs to figure out the mechanics (these are not rotation dependent), having miqobot do the combat will make watching the various statuses, visual queues, Boss tells and sound indicators easier to figure out said mechanics. I imagine it could cut that learning time down by about 50 – 100 hours.

But then again, it would make learning easier / less challenging for everyone, not just for you. It means the circle of elite players who complete it becomes wider, i.e. less elite. Why would one who can do it without bot want it?

johnb
    Participant

But then again, it would make learning easier / less challenging for everyone, not just for you. It means the circle of elite players who complete it becomes wider, i.e. less elite. Why would one who can do it without bot want it?

Umm, why wouldn’t they want it?

If Miqo get’s to the point where it can do my rotation (with enough modifications per fight) equal/better than I can. I will most certainly be using it.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Because of the reason stated above already… concerning elite challenges (which become less elite due to Miqo).

johnb
    Participant

Because of the reason stated above already… concerning elite challenges (which become less elite due to Miqo).

Wait are you referring to the personal satisfaction of clearing Elite content? I guess I can see your point there, but it does not apply to me. I do savage content to get good gear. I do it myself now cause there is no other way. If miqo gets to that point I will use it so I can go back to fishing for fun and farming crafting/gathering materia (I really love farming materia and I dont even know why).

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Hmmm… is that gear needed to continue through plotline? I ask it because I never needed any raid gear to advance through MSQ – either I received it from coffers (AAR/HW content), or bought for seals (SB content).

But, in case the answer is “no”, what’s the point to have gear from savage raids? Let me guess: for the same reason of personal satisfaction? To feel yourself better than ones who do not have this gear? But then again – Miqo will make it easier not just for you, but for others too. So you spend lots of time, but in the end you encounter the same shit you began with: other hi-end players having the same sets as you (i.e. looking equal to you)…

johnb
    Participant

Hmmm… is that gear needed to continue through plotline? I ask it because I never needed any raid gear to advance through MSQ – either I received it from coffers (AAR/HW content), or bought for seals (SB content).

But, in case the answer is “no”, what’s the point to have gear from savage raids? Let me guess: for the same reason of personal satisfaction? To feel yourself better than ones who do not have this gear? But then again – Miqo will make it easier not just for you, but for others too. So you spend lots of time, but in the end you encounter the same shit you began with: other hi-end players having the same sets as you (i.e. looking equal to you)…

Lol, I want better gear to farm skins faster XD (it really is all for farming materia, believe it or not). As far as the plot line is concerned, you can slog through that in min ilevel. I also dont care about other high-end players or what kind of gear other people have.

zgo63925
    Participant

But, in case the answer is “no”, what’s the point to have gear from savage raids?

PvP, Status, iLvL locked content, solo clearing unsynced content, easier farming.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  zgo63925.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Ahh! My apologies then, once again – it seems I’ve been mistaken from the very begin (concerning reasons/goals to raid). Maybe that’s because in the end of SB there was total zero mobs worth grinding, so your DoW/DoM eq didn’t matter at all (unlike DoL gear).

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

It is just that you can’t read. Literally everything was there, you really just can’t read, it’s hopeless. You keep doing the same thing over and over in this forum.

Or maybe you just didn’t understand the word prog for progression??? Which would be surprising, as it is such a common MMORPG term, and you presented yourself as such a vet.

Or you didn’t understood how those fights go, what is a prog, or you just don’t want to understand on purpose, because the full detailed explanation was there, it was written in plain text, all you had to do is reading, maybe adding some bold text will help:

I was not planning to clear it with Miqobot, I was planning to prog it with Miqobot.

If you can’t understand the difference:

Even if on Ultimate Miqobot can’t pass phases checks, she’s still useful to learn phase after phase. You use her to learn a phase, then you go back on manual mode to clear that phase, and switch back to Assist to learn the next phase and die the later possible, to get the longest possible recording, to see the most possible of that phase, with no tunnel vision, to watch your entire party, to decipher faster the mechanics and come up faster with a strategy.

Like explained two times already, in the end you can’t clear it with Miqobot, how hard is it to understand that simple fact?

On the other hand, what is possible to do with Miqo for example, is to do manually phase 1 and 2, because to clear them you need to do it manually, checks are too tight otherwise, then you turn on Miqobot for phase 3, this won’t allow you to clear it, but this would allow you to focus more on deciphering the mechanics and especially die the latest possible, because each new seconds you can see of those fights, is progression. And just to see new seconds takes tons of time, skill, and spirit.
    Once you come up with a working strategy for phase 3, to clear it, you need to do it all manually from 0 to the end of it, then you can turn Miqo on for phase 4, so you can focus on seeing the most seconds of it, yes seconds, that how fast you get killed by things you never seen. And so on.

In the absolute end, you’ll have to clear it all manually whether you like it or not. And all credits go to you, you earned it, you were skilled enough to learn it all, and clear fully manually.
    Miqo just gave you during prog some extra room to focus on the obscure gargantuan number of mechanics throwed at your party. Miqo saved you time, that’s its goal. Exactly like how FFXIV developers learn their own fight faster, using god mods for prog, then once they’re done learning it, they switch to manual to test proof it.

Now to answer your questions, that have been already answered by myself in this very same topic, but you can’t read, so here we go again:

Why would one who can do it without bot want it?

Because like explained here in previous post, it takes between 150-250 hours for a skilled static to clear that fight, maybe there will be just 2 new Ultimate, maybe 3, all this within 15 months (5.1 to 5.5), so 450-750 hours out of the 10 980 hours available.

It’s not because something is good, that it becomes better the more you stretch it.
    Any hours we can save with Miqo during prog is profoundly welcome. Once you’re done with prog, you don’t need Miqo anymore. And once you cleared it, it is so good to attempt to clear it again, for extra 3-slots weapons and parses. It takes lot of time for re-clears, but it worth it more than prog time.

And I’m sure you’ll keep coming back at that over and over, so no, it doesn’t void your achievement, it’s not because you find a way to learn faster your college graduating exams, that it void your achievement, that it makes you inapt to perform your job, it doesn’t remove anything of it, you knew what you had to knew, you were skilled enough to use all that acquired knowledge to perform what was required. You earned it. If anything, that makes you smarter for using a faster way to learn.

But, in case the answer is “no”, what’s the point to have gear from savage raids?

It has been already answered here in 2 post I made.

FFXIV is one of the very rare game of this genre (if not the only one?) that has content (Ultimate’s) designed for max ilevel, so gear can’t help you there (unlike Savage).
    Ultimate happens between Savage tiers. You need Savage gear (and tome gear) for Ultimate, it won’t help you, you can’t ease thing through gear in Ultimate, but you need the max ilevel because the fight has been tailored exactly for it. And these are the only fights that won’t get unsync or echos.

The other point of having Savage gear, I explained it already here in another post, is parses, because FFXIV is driven by FFlogs.
    All the raiding community is addict to it, it’s an irreplaceable tool for prog and deep analysis, everyone and their mother want to upload there their orange parses, want to reach that 100 percentiles, want to be in all its Tops. Because it’s the main tool used for recruitment, if you don’t have amazing parses there for all your years in the game, you won’t be recruited in the best statics, period.

So that’s the all point for getting a BiS Savage set, re-clears of everything for parses. Same thing goes with getting 3-slots Ultimate weapons.

Assuming that he actually made it, rather than just bragging about it…

I’m fine thank you, I’m one of the very rare player that take rewards and lore a bit too seriously, but I get lots of heartwarming tells because I put on things the way they were meant to be, I wear The Legend title, with an Ultimate weapon, on the latest full Savage gear set with no glamours as a lore tribute, while sitting on the latest Top100 Ranked PvP mount. People tells me all the time that it inspires them to tackle challenges.

Everyone is free to enjoy this game like they want, and there’s as many ways to enjoy it as there are players.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

I’d also like to add something here:

Most players (who are not really happy) are divided into two unequal groups:

This is also a false assumption.

2) the minority which has gone through the elitest challenges, appeared victorious and now whines about challenges being too easy (never justifying any tools that make it even more easier).
    Note: as players train their skills, they tend to move from the first group to the second one, thus starting to whine again, just because of directly opposite reason. And yes, I know the feeling personally.

Ultimates were specifically created for this kind of players.
    “Elitists” were “whining”, that they had nothing to do after they’ve cleared savage several times, so after a few years Square Enix decided to make content specifically for that 0.018% of players who faceroll a savage tier and decided to put the highest possible amount of difficulty into it, reaching a point, where – no matter how good you are – nobody ever will find it easy. Even the top best statics who have already cleared Ultimate several times still struggle with it up do this day and wipe a few times on every attempt to clear it again, even though they’re already released for over a year and their first clear was 2-3 weeks after it got released.

1) the majority which can’t complete this or that challenge: they whine about it being too hard and justify using tools and activities which make it easier (sometimes including banable tools);

Nobody (except for maybe a handful of entitled individuals) is crying about Ultimate being too hard. It was said from the start by Square Enix, that almost no one will be able to clear it and that this is the purpose, which is why the absolute majority of the community accepted Ultimate being unclearable for them. Instead they cheer for the people that are able to clear it and admire them, trying to become as good as them.

It is the ultimate (no pun intended) proof of an amazing FFXIV player to have the title “The Legend” or “The ultimate Legend” and everyone agrees, that it is a special and unique symbol of accomplishment, which the common casual player is ineligible for.

Heck, even when Square Enix announced during one of the latest live letters, that Ultimates will not be unsyncable (so even if you’re level 80 and have iLvl 450 gear you will get synced down to level 70 and your iLvl to 340 for UCob), the people were extremely happy about it, because that way the challenge would stay a challenge and the titles wouldn’t lose their value.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It is just that you can’t read. Literally everything was there, you really just can’t read, it’s hopeless.

Please, keep in mind that English is rather far from my native language, will you?…

Because like explained here in previous post, it takes between 150-250 hours for a skilled static to clear that fight, maybe there will be just 2 new Ultimate, maybe 3, all this within 15 months (5.1 to 5.5), so 450-750 hours out of the 10 980 hours available.

But it helps other players as well, so your The Legend title which you proudly wear will be available to way more rivals than without Miqo. Are you ok with it?

But oh well… I didn’t check my email until now, and today I realized that I’ve got 2 warnings for it already, so I’m kind of afraid to participate in this discussion any longer. It seems we won’t understand eachother anyway, so…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.