[Request] Reverse Y etc

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] Reverse Y etc

This topic contains 46 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  zgo63925 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Looks like I’m the one and only aviasim player here – otherwise this question should probably been raised before… but still 🙂 Is it possible to make Miqo detect “Reverse Y axis” setting, and act correspondingly? Every time I forget to turn it off before starting Miqo, it just moves camera to zenith, attempts to move, fails horribly and stops. Not that it’s such a big problem, but…

Plus another minor request. I’d like Miqo to use Yield skills (and maybe some other too) on just certain nodes – ones which grant +1/+2 attempt(s), as opposed to current behaviour (using the skill as soon as there is enough GP). Such nodes are easy to mark in grid settings; or rather maybe Miqo can detect it by itself? Anyway, it would grant certain performance boost on the long run.

Arc
    Arc

Looks like I’m the one and only aviasim player here – otherwise this question should probably been raised before… but still 🙂 Is it possible to make Miqo detect “Reverse Y axis” setting, and act correspondingly? Every time I forget to turn it off before starting Miqo, it just moves camera to zenith, attempts to move, fails horribly and stops. Not that it’s such a big problem, but…

Uh… let’s wait for Miqo’s answer. No clue about that.

Plus another minor request. I’d like Miqo to use Yield skills (and maybe some other too) on just certain nodes – ones which grant +1/+2 attempt(s), as opposed to current behaviour (using the skill as soon as there is enough GP). Such nodes are easy to mark in grid settings; or rather maybe Miqo can detect it by itself? Anyway, it would grant certain performance boost on the long run.

That was already requested a few times and Miqo already put it on the list for future features, after combat is finished 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, both features have already been requested and planned for implementation.
    We will try to push additional QoL features into release with one of the upcoming updates.

Thank you for your request!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Ahh, nice to hear that!

Maybe it would be good idea to add a sticky closed topic of a single message containing all “planned for implementation” features, to prevent reposting?

tul02130
    Participant

Ahh, nice to hear that!

Maybe it would be good idea to add a sticky closed topic of a single message containing all “planned for implementation” features, to prevent reposting?

This.

Also people would have their minds blowing seeing what is planned for the future :p

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Pretty sure it wouldnt prevent reposting but i agree it would be nice to have.

Arc
    Arc

Would also agree, that this would be nice to have and it would prevent at least half of the reposts.

Also, every time someone asks a repost, anyone can just post a link to the sticky and Miqo doesn’t need to waste her time to post and explain, that it’s already planned 🙂

Just make sure, it’s a closed topic with only 1 post where all planned features are listed ^^

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

At the moment we have 1,793 pending minor feature requests.
    And we believe that the arrival of Shadowbringers expansion will extend this list by a few hundreds.

Converting them all to a publicly readable format will take some time. It will also further delay the release of new versions due to the necessity of synchronizing the public list and keeping it up-to-date. But if everyone agrees that it has to be done, we will of course add this to our development plans.
    Thank you for your request!

In the meantime, if you have any questions about development please contact our Tech Support directly: https://miqobot.com/#support
    This way you will receive an answer faster than waiting for it on public forums.
    Thank you for understanding!

zgo63925
    Participant
    4+

Quite Ironic, creating a “planned feature list” getting added to the planned feature list.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  zgo63925.
    Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

I think it’s a bad idea, and I think in the end it’s a waste of precious time.

People always ask how they can help, well you can help by not asking side things like this, and you can help by continuing answering questions of people who didn’t really spent much time with the search feature.

Miqo team don’t have to share their task list like that, for many good reasons, some stuff in it are too old and were accepted based on a state of the game that is obsolete today, etc.
    This would make things worse, where people gonna feel entitled enough to make the team accountable for each item of the list, regardless of today usefulness and relevance, etc.

Keeping that up to date on a forum is a waste of time, such lists only belong to software created to handle tasks between teams, it makes no sense to waste the time you won while using those software, by being constrained to publish it on a forum.

zgo63925
    Participant

I think it’s a bad idea, and I think in the end it’s a waste of precious time.

Keeping that up to date on a forum is a waste of time, such lists only belong to software created to handle tasks between teams, it makes no sense to waste the time you won while using those software, by being constrained to publish it on a forum.

Having a shorted down version of a planned list with the most commonly asked for stuff is all but a waste of time.
    This is how every feature requests section ever is handled.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Oh no i didnt agree to it being a priority. Its just a nice thing to have someday when you finish most of the features. You guys are amazing and i totally understand that your time is precious. Keep it up!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

At the moment we have 1,793 pending minor feature requests.

OOH GEEZ… so this is THE PRICE of new combat system – delay in implementation of sooo many nice little details %) which makes me wonder if new combat is really as valuable as expected…

But if everyone agrees that it has to be done, we will of course add this to our development plans.

Which instantly makes me think of a voting system: some additional subforum with ability to vote for requests, so Miqo team can make a simple “select from <subforum database> order by <number of votes>” and start implementation from top voted requests!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Gray Gray.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

which makes me wonder if new combat is really as valuable as expected…

Yes. The combat is already beyond amazing.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

OOH GEEZ… so this is THE PRICE of new combat system – delay in implementation of sooo many nice little details

No, not at all, this isn’t the price of Combat System, it always been treated this way, long before Combat System.

They always implemented major core feature first, so it’s been this way before the Crafting Solver, then before the Scenario Engine, then before the Combat System.

UI, QoL, and minor features have been mostly pushed beyond major core features, because as player themselves, and as players ourselves, what we needed most was those major core features.

Having a shorted down version of a planned list with the most commonly asked for stuff is all but a waste of time.
    This is how every feature requests section ever is handled.

I think you didn’t noticed the main trait that Miqobot team share, it’s both a quality and a flaw, they’re perfectionist and do it all or don’t do it, there’s no in-between.

So, in full knowledge of that fact, if you ask them that list, you know you’ll get the all list, not some half assed one, so you know this will cost precious time, you can’t say they didn’t warned you and that you didn’t knew it would cost that much time, with all its consequences:

Converting them all to a publicly readable format will take some time. It will also further delay the release of new versions due to the necessity of synchronizing the public list and keeping it up-to-date.

I know how to spot that well, because I “suffer” it myself, if someone asks me something, I make them understand I’ll go all the way because that’s my way, and that they won’t be able to pretend in the end they didn’t knew it was going to cost me that much.
    It is what it is, you can call it whatever you want, a quality, a flaw, it doesn’t change the fact you knew what you were asking.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.