[Request] MB Auto lower Price

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] MB Auto lower Price

This topic contains 84 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  Lukaribro 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant

this is so wrong it hurts. youre implying that items WONT sell because of a feature that auto lowers prices on mb to… help with selling things? again you probably dont recognise the need for this feature cos you dont produce enough to approach market saturation of anything but it really is a big efficiency improvement because at that point profit is limited by amount you can sell not amount you can create

you know its a bad argument when the best reason against this feature is ‘its valuable time that could be used elsewhere’ lmao

You’re replying as if you’ll be the only person using the feature. I produce more than 2k pots a day with the use of Miqo. The market is already saturated on my server. However, you still avoid my question. How will you sell anything when there are other people on YOUR server using the SAME bot that you are using to undercut the SAME market you’re in? Even if a cooldown was implemented, you’re also against the idea of that. What you’re asking for is not efficient at all. How will you get the results that pleading so hard for? How do you suggest to deal with other users also automatically undercutting? Answer those questions for me, I’ll wait.

he_le
    Participant

No one ever pretended they would be the only one with this feature, not sure wtf youre smoking

How do you suggest to deal with other users also automatically undercuttin

already covered this a few replies ago rofl. whoever is more efficient sets the lower minimum price and is able to move their goods

is this seriously your only concern? that other people will also undercut? explain how this is different to people whining about “but gathering shouldnt be implemented cuz everyone gonna gatherbot and crash the market111”

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by  he_le.
    Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant
    3+

No one ever pretended they would be the only one with this feature, not sure wtf youre smoking

How do you suggest to deal with other users also automatically undercuttin

already covered this a few replies ago rofl. whoever is more efficient sets the lower minimum price and is able to move their goods

is this seriously your only concern? that other people will also undercut? explain how this is different to people whining about “but gathering shouldnt be implemented cuz everyone gonna gatherbot and crash the market111”

No, it’s not my only concern. It’s more so of an argument against your argument of “efficiency”. So you set the minimum to whatever it is you want it to be and then what? All I’d have to do is just set the minimum lower than yours if I was on your server. Doesn’t matter if you’re crafting more than me, as long as I can craft enough to keep up with daily sales on my server, you will never get any sales if I just make mine minimum sale point lower than yours. The profit I make off it doesn’t matter to me because I bot 24/7 anyway so any profit is fine with me. Now imagine multiple miqobot users on your server doing that same exact thing in every market you want to try to be involved in. How does that benefit you?

Simple, it’s a direct PvP feature. Very few people on this thread aren’t in favour of this to be implemented at all.

Here’s my take on it.

I think it would be a real waste of resources, the ratio usefulness/dev time is heavily unbalanced.

Too often I see request like this one, where the poster didn’t put enough thoughts into it, regarding the difficulty to implement and the solutions that already exist to overcome it.
    That’s why the Miqobot devs then diplomatically send us cues about feasibility and utility.

So here’s the truth, with Miqobot you can become Gillionnaire easily, lots of us here became Gil billionaires, and you really don’t need that kind of money in the game, because with Miqobot you’re self sufficient, and the only things left to buy are items that comes from RNG, such as some minions, mounts, primal crafting items, songs, maps items, etc.
    And with Miqobot you can easily make enough money to buy all of them regularly.

So yeah, you’ll get undercut, often, but you need to see beyond that, you need to realize that it doesn’t matter, your stuff will sell eventually, and with Miqobot you’ll never run out of stuff to sell.

So, don’t spend time in the undercutting war, diversify yourself, be on several markets at the same time, don’t bet on one item only, check your prices no more than twice a day, be patient, realize that’s it’s ok to lose some sells to undercutters, yours will sell too.

I would rather see Miqobot having all time and resources spent on Combat Assist, Trust an crafting/gathering. I make enough gil and just chilling out with the MB is enough, your stuff will sell!

It still remains a pvp feature. You clicked the button and your bot did all the undercutting for you. Nice. But someone else clicked it one minute later. And now your button is on 1 hour cooldown. Does it make you happy?

You need to look at it from the perspective of the Miqbot team. The Miqobot team is a very small team from my understanding. Improving and adding new features will take a lot of time. Based off of what I see on the forums every day, the most inquired about features is the crafting solver and combat assist. That’s what it seems like people want to be updated the most. People want level 80 rotations, rotation customization and end-game raid support for combat assist. People want the crafting solver to be updated to support all of the ShB skills. One can even argue that they’re the main selling points for the Miqobot team considering you can throw a rock in a bush and find a gather bot for this game. Why should they divert resources into something that the community doesn’t care too much about nor is most of the community even in favour of something like this to be added? This thread was posted 3 years ago and look how much attention it’s received within 3 years. Very little people share the same passion as you do about implementing this automated undercutting feature, even well veteran members are against the idea. Even if what you claim works well for you, will it make the community happy as a whole? More than likely not.

Miqbot is a business that provides its a community with a bot for the game. They make money off of this, it’s not like they do it for free. If they give the people what they want, they’re going to keep paying every month for it. A happy community amounts to more monthly income for them. It doesn’t matter if only a few amount begs and pleads for this feature if most are against it. Why should they divert resources to what could potentially lessen their revenue when they can use those same resources to improve what already generates them the most amount of money?

he_le
    Participant

No, it’s not my only concern. It’s more so of an argument against your argument of “efficiency”. So you set the minimum to whatever it is you want it to be and then what? All I’d have to do is just set the minimum lower than yours if I was on your server

irrelevant because one of the botters will be more efficient and be able to still profit at a selling price lower than all others while the others will move to a different market just like how right now botters are pushing human players out of most markets

Improving and adding new features will take a lot of time

so again, the argument is that this shouldnt be a priority feature. not that it shouldnt be implemented at all. and obv it is a business,

Miqbot is a business… etc

which is why more features = better. if you dont like a feature, you can just not use it. no one is going to stop buying the bot because they added a feature. but if another bot maker comes out with this mb feature, and miqobot refuses to implement one, people who want the feature will leave in a instant

Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant
    1+

No, it’s not my only concern. It’s more so of an argument against your argument of “efficiency”. So you set the minimum to whatever it is you want it to be and then what? All I’d have to do is just set the minimum lower than yours if I was on your server

irrelevant because one of the botters will be more efficient and be able to still profit at a selling price lower than all others while the others will move to a different market just like how right now botters are pushing human players out of most markets

Improving and adding new features will take a lot of time

so again, the argument is that this shouldnt be a priority feature. not that it shouldnt be implemented at all. and obv it is a business,

Miqbot is a business… etc

which is why more features = better. if you dont like a feature, you can just not use it. no one is going to stop buying the bot because they added a feature. but if another bot maker comes out with this mb feature, and miqobot refuses to implement one, people who want the feature will leave in a instant

Regardless if I like the feature and chose to use it is irrelevant. The problem with it is, if you’re a casual botter and you’re constantly getting undercut by people who produce way more than you, you will never be able to sell your products over theirs. This will discourage and demotivate a lot of people who bot from even utilizing the bot in the first place cause there would be no point. Why spend all that time gathering and crafting if you can’t even sell it? If you’re not getting an advantage out of something you’re paying for, why would you continue to pay for it? The only thing they would have left is MGP farming and combat assist. If you get good at the game, you don’t even need combat assist cause as of right now and maybe even when we get to level 80 rotations, you’ll still be able to do more DPS than Miqbot will be able to. That’s where they will lose money. That’s why it’s not worth even being considered as a low priority feature. Even if another botting company decides to add a feature like that to their bot, there’s still lots of complications to that. Is there bot as safe and secure as Miqobot? Odds are, probably not. In my experience, Miqobot is the best bot to be used without having to worry about any sort of detections. Never had that same experience with any other bot. Not sure if I’m allowed to name other providers specifically but every last one I’ve had issues with when I tried them initially on alts. Are there other bots out there currently with auto undercutting? More than likely there are, but are they sold publically? As far as I’ve seen, they aren’t.

he_le
    Participant

This will discourage and demotivate a lot of people who bot

casual botters discouraged by other people botting? are you serious? by this logic casual botters are also discouraged by seeing other botters gather and craft a large amount of items and stop botting in response. your entire argument is some kinda late april fools joke

That’s where they will lose money

theyre going to lose a lot more money if another bot maker implements this feature and people leave in droves. on the other hand if they implement it first, lots of users of other bots will swap to this one

Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant
    1+

This will discourage and demotivate a lot of people who bot

casual botters discouraged by other people botting? are you serious? by this logic casual botters are also discouraged by seeing other botters gather and craft a large amount of items and stop botting in response. your entire argument is some kinda late april fools joke

That’s where they will lose money

theyre going to lose a lot more money if another bot maker implements this feature and people leave in droves. on the other hand if they implement it first, lots of users of other bots will swap to this one

This is where I can tell your reading skills is lacking. Let me explain this to you again in a way that you might understand. If you pay for a bot and intend to use that bot to gather and craft to make money, but you can’t make money with that bot, would you still continue to use it? No, you will not. That’s the underlying issue. Not only that, but since it’s a PvP feature, it will draw attention to miqobot. That is the LAST thing we want here.

Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant

Also, let me ask you this. In your eyes, what are all of the pros and cons of implementing this feature? I’d love to hear your opinion about it.

Tzubei
    Tzubei
    Participant
    6+

The market is already flooded by retards which ruin every single item worth farming by undercutting each other till they drop the price to “worthless” … Having bots getting things even worst? Nah thanks.

Flubber
    Participant
    6+

Terrible idea, please do no implement. It’s just as you say, botters will be competing against each other and the price of items will crash even further. If you have to add a cooldown to stop this from happening then it’s better not to implement at all. No one is going to stop paying for this bot because it doesn’t have a market-place feature. The majority pay for this bot because it has so many great features apart from just gathering and crafting.

dax
    Participant
    7+

Another please don’t implement. Pricing wars against humans are already annoying enough, auto-undercutting is just a terrible idea. Quite frankly if it needs limiting because of potential abuse then there is no point in implementing it in the first place.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    3+

It would be nice to have the ability to purchase a quantity of items at or below a specific price. Selling items would be counterproductive. However, maximizing profit on crafted items through mb purchasing would be productive to the virtual economy and the purchaser. I know lightning crystals are eventually going to hit 2g each. I’m going to need them, so why not buy them cheap? With more buyers than sellers on the market, prices should increase. Unless there is a big hole in this idea, I think this could help build up the MB economy that everyone is always blaming on bots anyway.

Xion
    Participant
    3+

Having a feature to undercut is a terrible idea. It would end up causing a undercut loop. I think it will hurt more than provide value.
    If he_le wants a undercut i’m sure google can provide one, but I strongly disagree Miqo should offer this.

Talith
    Participant
    2+

I’m an on/off user of Miqo who plays a lot just for the market aspect of the game and I wanted to add my 2c.

1. There is a free addon out there already with a plugin that grabs the lowest price and takes off a certain amount and copies that to the clipboard so you can just paste in the number when you update your prices. They claim this isn’t botting and that the addon/plugin isn’t illegal but I’ve seen a MASSIVE change to the market.

So usually you’d update your prices once or twice a day and leave it at that, you’d still sell stuff. There are people who have somehow integrated this with (I believe) some kind of discord alert so that whenever they get undercut they go in and update their prices. I’ve tried at all times of the day and tested just doing constant updates to pricing and no matter the time of day or night they would update their prices within 5 minutes. Given the particular market I was still able to get some sales off, but not without basically just sitting at the summoning bell and updating at least 4-6 times a day. Basically I would get lucky in that they wouldn’t pay for max retainers/be in the entire swathe of these items so that every half a day they would pull down their items to reset the prices and I could get some sales off. That’s with just a system that (I believe) is not fully automated.

2. I believe most Miqo players, play to remove the tedium and because they enjoy actually playing the game. If you have aspirations for that, you’re never going to beat the actual botters who run 5-6 accounts and just camp the summoning bell. If you’re getting undercut that much, you’re better finding a market that might be slightly slower but is still popular. Furthermore once these tools get developed, as soon as you don’t use them you’re at a disadvantage. The market I mentioned before – previously there would be downtime and people would manually have to type in the numbers or undercut by 1gil and eventually after 5 times in one hour they’d chill out because they’re sick of it as much as you are. Making it automated – then they never get tired, never get bored, they just run market bot accounts to make gil around the clock and you can’t get a foot in the door.

3. Given Miqo is more directed towards people who play the game and not gil sellers, personally I’d prefer not to give gil sellers any more advantage than they already have. I assume most people don’t want to be having to run this 12 hours a day and not actually play the game? When these kind of systems get developed then that’s what happens, the person who has less time or who only plays casually and who doesn’t have dedicated accounts is the one who loses out.

4. Attention from SE into Miqo – there’s only so much people will tolerate in regards to the market. Once people get sick of people crashing the market or making the market impossible, that’s when reporting happens and SE starts investigating because people are getting mad and leaving. I’d rather not jeopardize Miqo just for not having to update prices by hand every hour (less if you find a better market). I understand that its virtually undetectable at the moment but that kind of thing encourages SE to develop tools to detect that kind of thing. Especially as it only takes a few. You only need 2,3,4 people selling current gear running a bot, even if its once an hour for other players to start going – wtf something is fishy here.

5. Development time. From the sounds of things, this would take ages to impliment – like right now we can’t even tell Miqo to go to the collectable guy, turn them all in and then buy X amount of item from the scrip vendor (other than key presses which is slow and prone to errors)- this is insanely more complicated than that. It would take a lot of time away from other things that would be used more often by the people who play the game rather than just giving gil sellers another tool in their arsenal.

6. Customer support. If Miqo breaks or messes up for whatever reason at the moment the worst is you’ll be running into something or your equipment breaks or whatever and the kill switch triggers. What happens when there’s a bug or error and Miqo accidentally sells Johnny’s Nightmare mount for 2 gil? Like people would go through the freaking roof if something happened to their gil because of a bug or accident and this system would directly interact with that rather than just allowing people to multitask the tedious parts of the game. The Miqo team could put as many “use at your own risk” disclaimers on that feature and people would still complain – you only have to see the posts and why isn’t my bot working? That come out around patch day to see that people would be demanding that the team compensate them somehow.

All of that said, I would absolutely love if something was done to fix the market system. I have max retainers, maxed out selling things and I have to update prices by hand. Part of why I use Miqo is because I have limited mobility in my hands and it allows me to rest/keep playing on days when its quite painful for me to be pressing buttons. So I would especially love a feature that made it so I didn’t have to update prices by hand – however all I see is that it’ll be a tool of people with dedicated accounts and the people who wanted it for the convenience will still end up shafted.

As for a kill switch server side on how often people can update – what happens when there’s 3 or 4 people in the same market all using Miqo? You’re outdated within an hour and it looks suss. Not to mention incidents of reporting people goes up because people are losing out (as compared to say gathering where while people are cranky about bots and prices of materials going down, they’re not actively losing an item to them).

Just my thoughts.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Talith.

Xion
    Participant

1. There is a free addon out there already with a plugin that grabs the lowest price and takes off a certain amount and copies that to the clipboard so you can just paste in the number when you update your prices. They claim this isn’t botting and that the addon/plugin isn’t illegal but I’ve seen a MASSIVE change to the market

If you mean the XL plugin, all it does is lower by -1 unless it can be edited. Shouldn’t impact so much unless it trigger people so hard that they just dump the prices?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.