[Request] MB Auto lower Price

Forum Forums Discussion [Request] MB Auto lower Price

This topic contains 84 replies, has 41 voices, and was last updated by  Lukaribro 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author

theamon
    Participant

Also is funny being judge by botting by someone asking for a bottong feature lmao.

Not asking for a botting feature but rather trying to assess if this is something the Miqobot team is considering. I’m currently not botting at all but considering getting back into it as it seems impossible for me to compete “honestly” without botting. I’m OK with mindnumbingly farming mats but I’m not OK with not being able to sell my crafts after that or going below the undercut bot’s minimum prices for all the work I put in.

I rather use a bot, write scripts (I can develop and I produced a lot of scripts for other bots in the past [honorbuddy]) etc. But only if I’m sure the bot dev team does their due diligence in either providing me the tools through the script language or an API. To assess this I gage how a bot team reacts to market need and retainer automation features are a market need.

My unkind words were only a reaction on the “community” stuff you brought up because that is irrelevant with regards to a (“paid”) bot. “Some” botting is OK or even “ideological” botting is OK the same as “some <fill in crime> is OK”, it isn’t. A bot isn’t a QOL tool like the Dalamud plugins. At least not for the majority. So once you pass that bridge, you’re not part of that “community” anymore, even if you really want to believe that.

Anyways, if I decide to sub a bot there are no ethical qualms for me about it so I would never consider that high road in a post on a bot product forum, lmao.

Tnx for your reply though, I appreciate everyone’s insight and advice in helping me decide how to proceed in FF14 or to swallow the sunk time and costs.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

We would like to hear more feedback from our users.
    How would you solve this dilemma?

I wouldn’t offer the feature at all. The market system is horrible enough without automatically dropping everything below vendor prices. As harsh as it sounds it’s not a feature I would recommend. Should you decide to do it anyway, I support your decision but I personally won’t be using it. I would rather see those efforts go into a new crafting solver or tweaked combat assist, but this is my opinion. 🙂

Keep up the good work! Good kitty!

Scalyblue
    Participant

a dalamud plugin already exists to auto price things at 1 gil below lowest price already, no need for miqo to have to be taught to do this.

cerium
    Participant
    1+

Similar request, can Miqobot auto-sell items? Perhaps sell by name like how the desynthesis works? Would be helpful for clearing out inventory.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  cerium.

neitro
    Participant
    2+

I would like a better scneario Manager with if/then/else conditions and use read information like how many items you got and a better solution to buy items from a npc like materia for scrips instead of any marketboard solution

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

A feature to vendor-sell items similar to the desynth-by-name list would be pretty nice, tbh. But the scenario engine improvements are already planned for down the line. I’ve seen a few threads about it, and made one myself too, and IIRC it’s on the todo list, but so are a lot of other things, and the devs have limited time and a significant workload, so it’s probably lower on the priority list. It’s absolutely going to be below all of the updates necessary to handle patch 6.0, which is still being worked on.

But neither of those things is related to automated marketboard PVP, which is the topic of this somewhat contentious thread.

Kuarupi
    Participant

a dalamud plugin already exists to auto price things at 1 gil below lowest price already, no need for miqo to have to be taught to do this.

hey u have the name from plugin?

winniethebish
    Participant

hey u have the name from plugin?

https://github.com/tesu/PennyPincher

It’s a manual process so it’s not intended for RMT or away botters, just FYI

Arc
    Arc
    4+

There’s also another Dalamud plugin (a 3rd party plugin though) that is a semi-automatic process:

– whenever you try to list an item it automatically opens the list of currently listed items and lets you click on any of them to automatically list the max amount (or a specific amount you set before) of that item at 1 less gil (or whatever you set it) and automaticall copies that price into your clipboard
    – holding ctrl while doing ‘right click > adjust’ instantly adjusts the price of an already listed item to what is currently in your clipboard
    – holding ctrl while clicking on ‘list item’ automatically lists the max/set amount of items at the price that is currently in your clipboard

It’s called MarketBuddy and should be easily findable with google. Use it at your own risk, as it is a 3rd party Dalamud plugin, though from my personal experience I can only say that I didn’t have any problems with it so far.

Saves me a ton of time to adjust all my marketboard prices. It usually takes me 15-30 seconds to undercut by 1 gil on all 20 items I’ve listed on a retainer.

Lukaribro
    Participant

Please just no. The markets have anyway crashed to hell, gear is outright missing a 0 and profit margins dropped a good 95% just from the small amount of private bots. Even just 3 running on a server absolutely crushes the spirit of real people who then get desperate. It’s already a battle of the bots and I feel kind of bad for the normal players who will never know what the markets used to look like just a few years ago before the market bots started multiplying. I’m even part of the problem since I made my own after the first set of them showed up and made it impossible to sell much normally. Now there’s even a few newcomers on the scene and one even copied my method that pretty much uses the bots against themselves. Any public bot goes up with that function and it will destroy the point of them existing in the first place as the margins will drop down to what amounts to only a few dollars extra of gil per subscription period. I already would be running at a loss if I sold on public marketplaces like g2g because with the state of the world, demand for such luxuries is incredibly low and the prices are crashing faster than ever before. It’s gotten so bad that some Profesional ops aren’t even bothering anymore because with sub+retainer costs, it’s hard to even cover costs. If Miqo implemented anything similar, I would have no choice but to switch to a cheaper production bot or make my own.

Viewing 10 posts - 76 through 85 (of 85 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.