Request: Chat Box

Forum Forums Discussion Request: Chat Box

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant
    1+

While I understand that Miqobot utilizes keystrokes to mimic an actual player interaction, it always bugged me that I have to stop Miqobot to reply back to chat messages or interact with the FC.

I would love to see a feature in Miqobot where you type in your chat message (e.g. /fc Good Evening FC!) in the tool and at the next opportunity, Miqobot would type in the chat line without having to interrupt whatever action you have queued up for it to perform.

Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, this request is already accepted 🙂

As we already said earlier, typing characters in the game chat would require a different keystrokes emulation algortihm, so it might take a while. We will post more information after we investigate the technical details.

Thank you for your request!

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

I usally use notepad when want to chat with someone while crafting, and then just copy pasting text into chat while turning miqo on pause for a few secs. So it helps a bit^^

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Unfortunately you can’t do that with the solver. The only place I’ve seen pause is the fishing. Unless I totally missed it.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

But I was saying right about solver 😮 I meant that I just press finish in the middle of crafting (just called it pause), and then press start again and it continues crafting from that spot it stopped.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Oh, I didn’t know it would do that! Thanks!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Pause is implemented only for Fishing, because for all other activities Stop is equivalent to Pause.
    With some rare exceptions, you can start Miqobot at any moment, and she will easily catch up to what’s going on.

For example:

• With Gathering, you can Start with Gathering window opened.
    • With Chocobo Racing, you can Start after registering or even in the middle of the race.
    • With Crafting, you can Start half way through the synthesis. The only drawback with Stop is that Crafting Solver forgets the solution and recalculates it again. It still performs correctly, but it wastes time and CPU power.
      It will be fixed.

We aim to implement all the upcoming features in the same way.
    Quick start, quick stop, quick continue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.