Request: Ability To Save / Recall "Solved" Crafts

Forum Forums Discussion Request: Ability To Save / Recall "Solved" Crafts

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    HiThere23
    HiThere23
    Participant

Now that collectable crafting isn’t as random as it once was I find myself using Miqo here to craft a few of the same items time and again, yet every time it needs to take a few seconds (18 on the one that came to mind) and should I pause or stop (say, to get more mats) it calculates again.

It’d be nice if we could save the solved crafts for later recall. Even if it ONLY worked with identical stats, that’d be fine

Maybe even save them to something like <dir>/SolvedRecipes/ItemName.extension so we could share them with others, or between our machines? Just an idea, it’d let the people with maxed stats share and save some calc time

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We are sorry, this feature is technically very complex and would not result in a significant boost.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. At the moment this feature has a low priority.

The details are explained in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Please note that we designed Crafting Solver with maximum optimization for endgame recipes.
    Crafting Solver needs only a few seconds on anything below 80**.
    You can find the recommended settings in this post: Miqobot v1.3.34 – Patch Notes

Krude
    Participant
    1+

This has come up a few times before and the conclusion is that it’s impractical at best. Every solution is only valid for the exact recipe stats and crafter stats at that point in time. Hard disk space is also an issue, since you’d need the same HD space as the calculation takes up in RAM. For short calculations, this isn’t much space, but why would you store a solution that only takes 2 seconds to redo anyways? So you’d use it for the big complex ones that take 2 minutes, but these would also take up 1.5 GB of space on your HD and slow down your PC with the massive read/write operations (RAM is much faster).

That aside, Miqo stores your last craft solution in memory as long as it’s open. If you stop crafting to get more mats and sit down again, it does not recalculate the solver, as long as your crafting stats or the recipe hasn’t changed.

There’s really no such thing as “maxed” stats either, due to the flexible nature of the meld system, and even a single point off in craftsmanship or CP or whatever from someone else’s solution would invalidate the whole thing.

Krude
    Participant
    1+

That said, even if it’s very niche use and you’re not really “supposed” to use the expensive crafting options anyways, i would love an option to pre-solve a recipe with “added stats” from buff-food or teas. Just an option to add X amounts of points for any of the 3 crafting stats for a given recipe, let miqo work and go do a trial roulette in the mean time.

Kit
    Participant

That being said it is amazing how good the solver is when you do crank up the processing time to max. I have been 100% HQing the new Aesthete’s sets with Facet gear effortlessly! I will admit that I use multiple solutions for various botting and gameplay tasks but Miqobot is the only crafting tool with this level of rotation optimization on the market. Honestly my respect for the crafting solver by itself earned my permanent subscription to Miqobot, but there’s tons of other amazing and useful features on top of the solver too. ^^

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

That said, even if it’s very niche use and you’re not really “supposed” to use the expensive crafting options anyways, i would love an option to pre-solve a recipe with “added stats” from buff-food or teas. Just an option to add X amounts of points for any of the 3 crafting stats for a given recipe, let miqo work and go do a trial roulette in the mean time.

I don’t know if that was exactly what you meant it for, but yeah this!
    For example: I do have a scenario for Expert-Recipes, where I take Buff food and Tea. Then start crafting to give miqo the maximum amount of stats to work with. However, the first iteration of this is eating up the buff foods time.
    Pre-Solving a craft (given the stats or just the stat increases as argument) would be awesome in this case. I could add this line, before buff food gets eaten, and then I don’t sit down and awkwardly doing nothing for around 1,5-2min.
    I also suggested saving already solved crafts in another thread, but mainly for the reason stated above. A scenario function of pre-solving would be awesome (and I guess is far less complex and doesn’t have this (de-)compression issue)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.