Randomizing options

Forum Forums Discussion Randomizing options

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

testytester
    Participant
    1+

If this isn’t the right place to post suggestions, please delete this topic!

I’ve been thinking about ideas that could increase the quality of miqobot and I’d like to share them;
    However I am not a scripter so I don’t know if these things would be possible.

1;
    Add a option to randomize the amount of milliseconds it takes to perform a action (such as a crafting action or gathering action)
    Basically set in the lowest possible time and the highest possible time and let miqobot select a number between the min and max for every action randomly.
    It will slow the crafting/gathering down – but it might be more useable in areas which are heavily populated for gathering and in towns/fc houses for crafting. Same with crafting while there are others around. Who would be reported quicker – someone that uses a action while crafting precisely every x seconds or a crafter that takes randomly uses a action between 1 second or 4 seconds?

2;
    Allow Miqobot to start it’s crafting solver without actually crafting anything.
    Let it run for a evening and save up the results so it will be able to instantly start any craft in any conditions with any gear.

3;
    Quick navigation editor
    A additional tool to quickly change settings in any scenario. downloaded a scenario for gathering but it has only mounting up? make the tool select all movement options and switch all of them into another!

Will post some more once I think of anything

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1. Delay randomization is already implemented, however it’s not yet available via settings.
      For example, with crafting Ability Delay at 0.5 seconds Miqobot will in fact choose a random delay approximately between 500ms and 750ms. Additionally, depending on your ping and FPS it may further increase up to 950ms. If you feel like the delay is too small, please consider lowering your FPS.

Of course, an advanced setting for precise customization is also planned.
      It will be a part of upcoming Quality-of-Life feature pack.

2. Yes, we consider implementing a save/load system for Crafting Solver.
      However this will not allow crafting to start instantly, because loading solution maps will also take a significant amount of time.

You can find a detailed explanation of the issue in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

3. Would you please clarify your request? Do you want to edit navigation grids or scenario commands?
      While it may be possible to extend 3D Editor to evaluate multiple waypoints at once, it would not work very well with scenarios. Scenarios are essentially simplified scripts, they contain many implicit dependencies which may be broken by an inaccurate modification.

Thank you for your feedback very much!

testytester
    Participant

Great to hear! wondering what else will be in there.

• Would you please clarify your request? Do you want to edit navigation grids or scenario commands?
    While it may be possible to extend 3D Editor to evaluate multiple waypoints at once, it would not work very well with scenarios. Scenarios are essentially simplified scripts, they contain many implicit dependencies which may be broken by an inaccurate modification.
  • Thank you for your feedback very much!

I haven’t used many scenarios yet and pretty unfamiliar with them so far.
    What I meant was the grids used. Sometimes I download a persons grid and it’s configured as a grid that doesn’t use a mount or vice-versa. It would be great if theres a option available to override/ignore the movement option and make it something else (like turning walking into mounting or the other way around).
    Whilst it is not a real problem to simply edit it ingame (haven’t tried editing it in a text program), it sounds a tad easier if a option was available to “always use mount/fly if available”

Thank you for your reply as well!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Great to hear! wondering what else will be in there.

There will be many different improvements, such as automatic pause for chat, ability to reorganize presets, ability to search through presets, and lots of others.
    QoL features will be introduced over the course of several releases.

What I meant was the grids used. Sometimes I download a persons grid and it’s configured as a grid that doesn’t use a mount or vice-versa. It would be great if theres a option available to override/ignore the movement option and make it something else (like turning walking into mounting or the other way around).

This is possible by the means of a simple text editor.

• Open downloaded grid in text editor.
    • Press Ctrl-H.
    • Find what: “mount”
    • Replace with: “foot”
    • Click Replace All.
    • Save and import the modified grid.

Automatic detection of certain movement type is not possible, because Miqobot has no means to understand whether this kind of movement is available and / or unlocked on your character and the current location. Waypoint type is a mandatory property for Miqobot to behave properly.
    You can find more information in our Navigation guide.

However it may be possible to implement a feature for 3D Editor to evaluate multiple waypoints at once. But it will take some time to design properly.

In the meantime, please use the method described above 🙂

Vrtrav
    Participant

Has this been implemented? Apologies if the information is in another thread(im sure it is) but i havnt been able to find it and i’m new to using the Miqo program

I ask because it would be nice to have a delay randomized between .5-3s so i dont look like such a crafting ‘machine’ to others

Thanks!

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    1+

Not yet no

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

At the moment we focus on implementing the core Combat features, but we will try to push some of QoL improvements into the next release.
    We apologize for inconvenience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.