Question About Trust Dungeons (Swear It's not WHEN IS IT COMING?!?!)

Forum Forums Discussion Question About Trust Dungeons (Swear It's not WHEN IS IT COMING?!?!)

This topic contains 21 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Kim_Lee 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

It’s great how you take our feedback into account so much, but don’t feel the need to apologize or design Miqobot by user committee. I think at some point we need to respect YOUR team’s vision for Miqobot as developers.

We have already tried to explain our vision a few times, but unfortunately the community doesn’t take it very well. Users are only interested in new features, so our explanation of development and marketing behind them is quickly forgotten.
    We can make another attempt, but we don’t think it will change anything.

Please proceed to this thread:

A Letter from the Development Team

jimjankins
    jimjankins
    Participant
    5+

Honestly, do most Miqobot users even register an account/post to the forums?

I know some users here will always have criticism to give (both constructive and otherwise), but I think it’s still relatively safe to say that the majority of end-users *are* happy with Miqobot. I know I still am.

AirForceOne
    Participant
    1+

Yeah I mean I’m the one who started the post and I absolutely love this bot – before getting it I could only play the game for 1 or 2 months at a time before getting burnt out, but with it I’ve been subbed nonstop since ShB came out. I was just offering an opinion, I even said “I swear it’s not WHEN IS IT COMING?!?!” because I’ve been on the forums a bunch and I see people asking the same thing over and over, so I didn’t want it to be taken as “YOU PEOPLE NEED TO DO WHAT I WANT OR I’M UNSUBBING”, it was more of a suggestion with a reason as to why I think it would be a good idea. If Holminster Switch is already implemented then that’s great too, I can level up desynth, and it shows that things are moving along as well.

hidingfromu
    Participant
    1+

Don’t request features, or you’ll be putting pressure on the Miqo team and that is unnaceptable (even though Miqo has stated this is how they prioritise the development of new features).

If you can’t help yourself and simply have to make a suggestion, or request a feature, make sure that request is swamped with praise for the Miqo team to the point that by the time people have finished reading the praise they will have completely forgotten you made a request in the first place.

They will not forget though. Requests are unnacceptable.

Miqo is a real Miqote. Do not upset her.

redwolfred
    Participant
    5+

Being snide isn’t going to win anyone to your opinions, y’know. You’re rapidly getting away from your previous achievement of offering tough criticisms without being a shitheel about it.

Asynchria
    Asynchria
    Participant
    3+

I think it would be interesting to see whether the same people are bringing up “hey please add XXX/when are you adding XXX/why is it broken/why is it taking so long/why am I not being pampered and given instant gratification”, or if it’s different people each time one of those gets made… I’d wager it’s different people, which means that it might not be easy for new people to find the information that they come to ask about. Not sure if there’d be an easier way of getting the information to them short of forcing everybody who wants to make a thread to read through a page that explains the most common answers to these things and typing ‘I agree that this does not answer my question’ at the end to actually let them make the thread…

I definitely think this is the greatest bot in the world, and I absolutely admire the dev team for what they’ve been able to do with this thing. I just wish that the random people who come in and demand answers would take a second to read through the main notes on the forum that would likely answer their question :\

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    1+

It’s definitely new people who ask and every patch it’s new people saying the bot is broken during down time. Us regulars know and expect it to be down after a patch but newbies don’t look at stickies and probably don’t make an account on the forums until it breaks. So that will never end. I get where hidingfromu is coming from because his post got nothing but negative attention from other users and people went on to praise Miqo nonstop as to make things better even though the situation was over and done.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  Kim_Lee.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.