Question about melds

Forum Forums Discussion Question about melds

This topic contains 42 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

Remix
    Participant
    1+

2182/2182 gets you to 95/15 on 1*

No Shit Sherlock šŸ™ so itā€™s next to impossible to collect 2182 gathering AND 850 GP at the same time, using our current white setā€¦

All they did was answer you, regardless if your question was intended to be rhetorical. I’m hoping you know the person who answered, otherwise it seems as if you are just being an ass for no reason. You are waaaaaay too pumped up over this thread.

uwu
    Participant
    5+

2182/2182 gets you to 95/15 on 1*

No Shit Sherlock šŸ™ so itā€™s next to impossible to collect 2182 gathering AND 850 GP at the same time, using our current white setā€¦

Not sure if you are fucking serious with this reply or not, but you can get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. You are the dumbass talking about a 850gp + gathering melds, depsite Impulsive appraisal proc rate being based on PERCEPTION. you dumb fuck.

Arc
    Arc

Then I wonder why does everyone started to buy materia right now like crazy šŸ˜›

Because the average player is shortsighted. The majority didn’t meld at all until today. Then today/in 2 weeks the new Disciples of War/Magic crafted gear is released, which will be hard for the average pleb to craft, so they think they need crafter materia in their gear and will buy the market dry to a level where materia costs a fortune => It’s good to sell it

Also, the majority of people – as stated by others – do not care about gil. Gil isn’t a currency, but a resource to be spent and regained again for the majority. I for example constantly bounce between having around 15 million gil and being completely broke (having like 50.000 gil) all the time in weekly intervals. What people care about is, to craft stuff 100% without failure in as short time as possible. Of course, even at minimum stats, you can come up with a macro that crafts even the hardest gear in 28 steps. But if you can get it crafted in 24 steps just by melding a bit or even in 20 steps by pentamelding, that’s reason enough for people to do so.

Also, people have other priorities. Almost no one – even here – plays this game to make gil all the time. Most here on the forums don’t run Miqobot 24/7 either to gather and make gil. Me as an example, I use Miqo maybe 2-4 hours per day and do other stuff as well.
    You have stated countless times, that pentamelding is super-expensive. From my perspective it’s not. Especially gathering materia from my perspective is essentially free, because you can let Miqo run yellow/white scrips scenarios all by itself and then buy the materia directly from those scrips and then melding it. The usual pentamelds have the super-“expensive” Grade 8 and 7 materia melded into the safe-slots and sometimes also overmelded into the first overmeld slot and usually the cheap grade 5 and below materia melded into the rest of the slots. That is not expensive, that’s a bargain (from most player’s perspective)!

On top of that, people were majorly referring to stocking up on combat materia, to sell it today/in two weeks, because people will pentameld the crafted combat gear for raiding (and trying to clear savage on release day, because with every point of extra dps it becomes easier and faster).

However, if we REALLY arenā€™t getting any new stuff during the next two weeks or so, Iā€™ll prolly consider itā€¦ as soon as prices drop low enough, of cos.

We aren’t.
    On Heavensward launch the first white crafter/gatherer gear was released.
    In 3.1, which came roughly 4.5 months after the launch of Heavensward, we got the Chimerical Felt crafter/gatherer gear, which was also white.
    In 3.3, which came roughly 7 months after patch 3.1 we got Carbonweave and Ironworks gear for crafters/gatherers, which were green and blue.

On Stormblood launch the first white crafter/gatherer gear was released.
    In 4.1, which came roughly 3.5 months after the launch of Stormblood, we got the Ala Mhigan crafter/gatherer gear, which was also white.
    Then in 4.3, which came 8 months and 11 days after patch 4.1 we got Onishi/Yamashi gear for crafters/gatherers, which was green.

Not sure if you are fucking serious with this reply or not, but you can get the fuck out of here with your bullshit. You are the dumbass talking about a 850gp + gathering melds, depsite Impulsive appraisal proc rate being based on PERCEPTION. you dumb fuck.

Relax man. We all know, Gray often talks naively and shortsighted about the stuff that the Theoryjerks and The Balance come up with, not seeing the whole, big picture and calling stuff outrageously expensive and unaffordable, because he turns over every penny twice, but that’s no reason to start being offensive here.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Ever heard about caps, you polite one? You aren’t getting more than 115 collectability from Methodical, no matter if you have 1800 or 2200 Per. Oh, and 850gp rotation has zero Impulsive in it, so learning to read might help, too…

But if you can get it crafted in 24 steps just by melding a bit or even in 20 steps by pentamelding, thatā€™s reason enough for people to do so.

Now THAT’s “time is money”! %) I’m surprised that people whose time costs THAT much actually craft something – as opposed to buying gil, hehe…

The usual pentamelds have the super-ā€œexpensiveā€ Grade 8 and 7 materia melded into the safe-slots and sometimes also overmelded into the first overmeld slot

I’d never overmeld even materia 5 (let alone 7) even into the first overmeld slot. Heck, 17% chance to overmeld materia which costs 35k per item? 206k (at average) per overmeld? That’s almost like buying an extra materia 8… Besides (assuming ShB follows the same way as it was in SB), did I got it right: once you meld materia 8 into safe slot, there is just 40% chance to take it back once the next tier of gathering eq is released?

In 3.1, which came roughly 4.5 months after the launch of Heavensward, we got the Chimerical Felt crafter/gatherer gear, which was also white.
    In 3.3, which came roughly 7 months after patch 3.1 we got Carbonweave and Ironworks gear for crafters/gatherers, which were green and blue.

Hrrm… are you sure? Chimerical Felt was the first lvl60 gear set – wasn’t it supposed to be analogue of current Swallowskin / Dwarven Cotton set, which arrived right together with basic addon? Maybe it was Carbonweave that arrived in 4.5 months, and Ironworks in 7 months?

Arc
    Arc

Now THATā€™s ā€œtime is moneyā€!

It’s not “time is money”, it’s “I have to spend 20 less seconds on the one craft I do once per week”, which people want.

to overmeld materia which costs 35k per item

No, it doesn’t cost 35k. It costs 0 gil. It costs 250 scrips.

I know what you’re getting at, that you could make 35k gil from it, but I don’t sell materia by default. If I wouldn’t overmeld, I wouldn’t farm for that materia in the first place, so I didn’t waste 35k, because if I wouldn’t have the need to overmeld, I wouldn’t waste my time gathering for it in the first place.

did I got it right: once you meld materia 8 into safe slot, there is just 40% chance to take it back

Yes, but you get thrown at with so much materia (when the new custom deliveries and new crafter beast tribes get released), that I don’t care. If I get the materia back, it’s just a neat bonus. Before Stormblood you couldn’t get materia back at all. You could only destroy it from the slots.

Hrrmā€¦ are you sure? Chimerical Felt was the first lvl60 gear set ā€“ wasnā€™t it supposed to be analogue of current Swallowskin / Dwarven Cotton set, which arrived right together with basic addon? Maybe it was Carbonweave that arrived in 4.5 months, and Ironworks in 7 months?

Ah yes. I remembered that incorrectly. But the rest is correct.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Itā€™s not ā€œtime is moneyā€, itā€™s ā€œI have to spend 20 less seconds on the one craft I do once per weekā€, which people want.

This is very, VERY weird logic… logic I never understand, I guess. So, in order to save 20 secs per week, you run bot for HOURS to earn tons of gil and buy materia VII and VIII (or rather earn lots of scrips and exchange them to this materia – does not matter) o_O

Yes, but you get thrown at with so much materia (when the new custom deliveries and new crafter beast tribes get released), that I donā€™t care. If I get the materia back, itā€™s just a neat bonus. Before Stormblood you couldnā€™t get materia back at all. You could only destroy it from the slots.

Hilarious %) Well, I guess I’m not going to meld materia VIII even into safe spots (unless absolutely needed to reach critical values of CP/GP). At least, not until we receive real (star) crafting/gathering sets / until materia prices go down from 270k to some 60-80k, like in SB…

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Hilarious %) Well, I guess Iā€™m not going to meld materia VIII even into safe spots (unless absolutely needed to reach critical values of CP/GP). At least, not until we receive real (star) crafting/gathering sets / until materia prices go down from 270k to some 60-80k, like in SBā€¦

You’re gonna be eating those words rather soon I believe.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by LutBot LutBot.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Youā€™re gonna be eating those words rather soon I believe.

Why would I? 700 GP rotation is very easy to achieve w/o any materia VIII – just put Guile VI in all safe slots, and overmeld it with Guile III-IV when needed. 850 GP rotation is out-of-question to me, though… I guess you have to just afkUntil() between unspoileds to regen 550 GP in 2 Eorzea hours, after drinking cordial. I don’t afk šŸ™‚ I gather useful stuff in between unspoileds, so I manage to regen 500 or maybe 520, max 530 GP naturally. You don’t regen when you hit a node, you know… just regain 5 GP per hit, which is way below natural lvl80 regen.

Skyrior
    Participant

Carbonweave and Ironworks both got released together in 3.3.

But that is a moot point, Square Enix is going to follow Stormblood’s trend, not Heavensward.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

A question to Arc and others, who still remember start of HW/SB: when patches 3.05 and 4.05 were released, were these crafts just added to the list, or they were released as new master books? And, in case of latter: were these books sold for low-tier scrips (blue in HW / red in SB), or rather high-tier (red in HW / yellow in SB)?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

A question to Arc and others, who still remember start of HW/SB: when patches 3.05 and 4.05 were released, were these crafts just added to the list, or they were released as new master books? And, in case of latter: were these books sold for low-tier scrips (blue in HW / red in SB), or rather high-tier (red in HW / yellow in SB)?

There’s usually one master book x xpac. Think the only exception was ARR, where we had multiples. As new recipes get added throughout the patch, the master books get updated. They’ve always used the lowest tier of scrips for that patch.

PRO TIP:: Cap your scrips tonight, prep turn ins to buy the books. Rowenna’s shop wont change until 2PM CST. You’ll need 9600 Yellow scrips total.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Yup, 1 Master Crafter Book bought for 1200 Yellow Scrips each this time again.

And well well, Gray. Who laughs last šŸ˜› ? You simply cannot craft the new recipes, if you don’t have at least slightly overmelded HQ new white gear + buff food. The minimum stats are extremely high. So much for all the dumb people that overmelded their gear.

Just to recap: You need 2140 Craftsmanship + 1990 Control to even attempt the recipes. Even with a full set of crafted HQ gear you don’t reach this cap. Melding every slot barely reaches it and you will end up having barely any CP to work with. If you max your CP you need to overmeld to reach the stat requirements.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Cap your scrips tonight, prep turn ins to buy the books. Rowennaā€™s shop wont change until 2PM CST. Youā€™ll need 9600 Yellow scrips total.

Damn, I should have asked it before 8pm GMT, when Rowena updates %) At the moment I’ve checked shops tonight, prices for best collectable have gone up already, hehe (but I still bought enough materials). Half a day of crafting collectables incoming, I guess…

And well well, Gray. Who laughs last šŸ˜› ? You simply cannot craft the new recipes, if you donā€™t have at least slightly overmelded HQ new white gear + buff food. The minimum stats are extremely high. So much for all the dumb people that overmelded their gear.

Well me of course šŸ™‚ as usual (see attach). I didn’t say it’s generally stupid idea to use materia 7/8 – I said that ones who bought it at 500-600k a piece are morons šŸ˜€ You didn’t need these melds back then (it was easy to craft ilvl415-430 stuff using Onishi set), and prices have gone down significantly since then. Actually, at our cluster prices have stayed at this level (250-260k/materia 8) for 5 days or so (since 24 Jul), so once message about maintenance appeared, I bought some 10 each materia before prices started to rise again. Not sure if I use it or just resell… once I understand which books I should buy first and which items to craft, I’ll try to manage using materia 6 overmelded with 4, much like before I melded mostly materia 5 into Onishi, and overmelded with 4.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by Gray Gray.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Arc
    Arc

Damn, I should have asked it before 8pm GMT, when Rowena updates %) At the moment Iā€™ve checked shops tonight, prices for best collectable have gone up already, hehe (but I still bought enough materials). Half a day of crafting collectables incoming, I guessā€¦

I’ve just crafted 80 Growth Formula Iota via Miqobot in like 40 minutes and that was enough to get me all books.

I said that ones who bought it at 500-600k a piece are morons šŸ˜€

Oh, just you wait a few hours. Materia prices will shoot up again, because now people realize, they need more stats and they will buy a lot of them.

Actually, at our cluster prices have stayed at this level (250-260k/materia 8) for 5 days or so (since 24 Jul), so once message about maintenance appeared, I bought some 10 each materia before prices started to rise again. Not sure if I use it or just resellā€¦ once I understand which books I should buy first and which items to craft, Iā€™ll try to manage using materia 6 overmelded with 4, much like before I melded mostly materia 5 into Onishi, and overmelded with 4.

I believe you’re better off, just melding your gear normally with grade 8 materia and overmelding grade 1-3 materia into the first overmeld slot. That’s enough for now.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Iā€™ve just crafted 80 Growth Formula Iota via Miqobot in like 40 minutes and that was enough to get me all books.

Aye, overestimated it a bit šŸ™‚ I’ve got all books too already. Though, it seems that daily collectables are… individual? I mean, Rowena doesn’t accept Growth Formula from me today! I used Refined Natron.

Oh, just you wait a few hours. Materia prices will shoot up again,

400k at our server atm, so yes – already shot. Though, my point was that it isn’t really bright idea to buy materia right after addon is launched. Clever people should rather wait and buy it right before new addon with new crafts.

I believe youā€™re better off, just melding your gear normally with grade 8 materia and overmelding grade 1-3 materia into the first overmeld slot. Thatā€™s enough for now.

When I think about patch 5.1 (that’s in just 3 months or so, right?), which will bring new crafting/gathering sets, make us retrieve materia from Dwarven Cotton sets and lose 60% of materia 8, it makes me cry %) As far as I see, it is possible to use materia 6 and 4 only, well maybe with several cunning 8 (for some reason is costs twice less than command/competence at our server).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.