Problem with connecting teleport spot to grinding spot

Forum Forums Discussion Problem with connecting teleport spot to grinding spot

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trotski 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Trotski
    Participant

Dear,

I want to make my own scenario but I’m facing the following problem:

Some of the grids don’t have the teleport spot connected to the first beacon. So miqobot doesn’t know how to navigate towards that spot.

How can I easely do this myself? Is there anyway a manual on how to create a navigation towards a certain grid? I tried to experiment a bit with the navigation tools and help but it seems really hard. Is there an easy way to fix this?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Trotski
    Participant

Yeah I found that guide but it didn’t explain how the mechanics of a teleport-spot work. The grids that have the connection they all have a certain built and I don’t see the logic behind it. I guess it has to do with the random point you spawn, but then they are all connected together so I don’t understand how to make that myself.

nyancat
    Participant

Hey Trotski, will try to help clarify here.

In the navigation tab, try enabling “show on radar.” Miqo tries to navigate to the nearest waypoint (the colored squares). When you spawn at an aetheryte, it will be at a random point around the aetheryte. High quality navigation grids have a ring of waypoints around the aetheryte which are interconnected with lines. The lines commonly converge with a single fly/mount waypoint that leads a path to the gathering area.

For grids that don’t have this available, you can use the editor to manually add waypoints and connecting lines to that existing grid. Details are in the link Lyfox provided.

It might seem intimidating at first. Once I got used to it, I found it easy and intuitive.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

The ring of waypoints is actually an overkill. Just place an aerial ‘fly’ waypoint next to aetheryte and Miqo will see it no matter where you spawn.

a
    Participant

wont miqo get stuck without the ring though?
    miqo only runs in a straight line, so if you unfortunately spawned right in front of the aetherite blocking the waypoint, miqo will bump into it
    happened to me when i was making a waypoint from limsa plaza to the MB

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  a.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

In a city yes most likely. Those aetherytes are rather big so you have to get around them. But in the air its almost impossible to get stuck because the collision box on world aetherytes is much smaller. I usually place two fly points like a fork just to make sure. Worked perfectly for the past few years.

Trotski
    Participant

Very helpful! Gonna spend my weekend learning to edit the grids then. Thanks a lot!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.