Preview?

Forum Forums Discussion Preview?

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

herpderp92
    Participant

I’m debating getting back into the botting world
    Anyone have any pointers on how effective miqo is?

graine
    Participant
    2+

You gotta know what you wanna do with it. Personally, I find this particular bot to be perfect for crafting and gathering because it does what it needs to do, and nothing more. It has a light footprint on CPU and RAM usage, next to no FPS hit, and a fairly robust scenario system. It’s version of combat routines, known as combat assist, is perfectly competent for basic content and on some jobs, is almost indistinguishable from my own results. I’ve managed to clear E9S-E11S using it’s DNC and BRD assist and with my ilevel 525 gear, I managed a lot of blue parses. It isn’t perfect, and some parts of it requires knowing the encounter so you know when to turn it off for specific things, like keeping cooldowns available when a boss disappears and such. As far as leveling goes, it’s only capable of auto-running Trusts and Squadrons, and it isn’t really useful for progressing MSQ outside of combat assist.

herpderp92
    Participant

Mostly looking to do gathering/crafting. If there’s a routine that’ll gather and craft all my quest turnins, that would be ideal, but it’s not super important. Gathering is the main thing I’m looking for, preferably that doesn’t look like it’s obviously a bot.

edgedy
    Participant

I like to use it to automate raiding with the combat assist. With grindy content like the relic, this is what it’s perfect for.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

Mostly looking to do gathering/crafting. If there’s a routine that’ll gather and craft all my quest turnins, that would be ideal, but it’s not super important. Gathering is the main thing I’m looking for, preferably that doesn’t look like it’s obviously a bot.

Crafting is easy: open your craft log, select the recipe you want, tell Miqobot how many times to craft, and hit start. She’ll maximise the quality bar on each craft while still guaranteeing completion, insofar as you have the stats to complete the craft. The only thing you need to do is put all of the skills you want her to use on KEYBOUND hotbar slots – Miqobot only uses keybinds to trigger things. She’ll calculate exactly how to get you the best quality each time, respecting material condition.

Gathering takes a bit more work. Miqobot doesn’t have “built in” navigation grids, only a small handful of bundled ones – and you can change, replace, or delete them if you want. You can find navgrids made by other users here on the forums, which can be downloaded and imported quickly and simply, or you can hand-make your own grids instead. As with the bundled ones, you can edit the imported ones too – all navgrids are basically points that Miqo goes to, and lines connecting those points so she knows how to get to each point, from each other point. Don’t worry about defining longer paths, she calculates the shortest distance based on the lines defined.

For gathering, the navgrids mean that there’s more work involved for the initial setup than just saying “I want these items”, but it also means that – especially if you tweak your grids or make them yourself – you won’t have the same exact paths as other players, even if they’re also using Miqobot. Once the navgrid is set up though, gathering is also pretty easy. You can define a gathering preset which consists of a linked navgrid (for Miqo to use while moving around to the gathering nodes) and a list of items by name that you want her to gather, in a priority ordering. The details are more important once you get started, but you can find them easily enough elsewhere on the forum. Once the gathering preset is ready for the item you want, just go to that area (the area of the NAVGRID, not just the map zone) and tell Miqo how many NODES you want her to harvest, then hit start. She’ll use the grid to move around to each node and handle everything for you at that point.

Finally, as an alternative, you can also put Miqobot into assisted gathering mode, where she won’t move on her own anymore. Instead, she’ll look for the nodes you specify (partial name) when they get within reach of your character while you walk around, and then she’ll open them up and take care of gathering from them according to your prioritised item list.

So, bottom line: for crafting, few things are easier than Miqobot; for gathering, there’s an initial setup time, but after that she’s probably the socially-safest option, and it’s also pretty easy to do that initial setup.

Overall, for $10 for a month, and the dev team automatically extending subscriptions for game downtime AND bot downtime, even if you only use the craft/gather features I consider Miqobot more than worth it. I haven’t used the combat features much yet, but the MGP farming is fantastic too.

Oh yeah, she also does fishing for you, on top of node gathering.

Adriuno
    Participant

The combat assist isn’t bad. I don’t think it’s as good as if you played manually. But if you just want to be lazy like me, it works just fine.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Combat assist definitely isn’t as good as a skilled player doing it manually, no. The devs have outright said that it’ll probably never be able to match someone who knows the job and the content that they’re playing. But if you don’t need to be super-good in whatever fight it is (unsync content, in-world hunting of mobs, etc) then the combat assist is totally fine. I just usually prefer to do it manually, and I’ve never used the squadron/trust features yet.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Whenever i play with combat assist im usually top dps. There are only a couple of classes where i can reach the same level of button mashing and thats only because ive been playing those jobs for years. Miqo allows me to play all of them without being in a constant state of panic. So shes definitely better than me.

Adriuno
    Participant

Whenever i play with combat assist im usually top dps. There are only a couple of classes where i can reach the same level of button mashing and thats only because ive been playing those jobs for years. Miqo allows me to play all of them without being in a constant state of panic. So shes definitely better than me.

Many people have said Miqo does MCH/Bard/Dancer pretty well. I think those classes are the pretty close to the more skilled players in the game. Especially MCH, if you have good ping MCH is really good.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Adriuno.

Krude
    Participant

For reference: I’ve run Diamond Ex with BRD/MCH/DNC, and both DNC and BRd reach 90% on fflogs (BRD got a little higher than DNC) by just mostly letting Miqo do its thing. MCH only “only” reached high 70s, but that’s because you can’t leech off your team mates’ DPS with your raid buffs 😛

I’ve played MCH in current Eden savage raids and with some fine tuning that comes naturally as you learn the encounters, i’ve also reached over 80% on fflogs with combat assist there.

In casual DF content like dungeons / alliance raids, Miqo will almost always outperform the rest of your group.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Krude.

herpderp92
    Participant

Another thing that’s kind of important, now that the relic is here, is whether or not there’s a routine to grind for the memories? Also, whether or not the combat routine has BLU support.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Theres an active voting thread and it has BLU listed as options to vote for: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/voting-next-feature/

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.