Preemptive request, Level ~81 and ~85 Dungeon support

Forum Forums Discussion Preemptive request, Level ~81 and ~85 Dungeon support

This topic contains 27 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant

I think the highest priority should be working on level 90 rotations

In order to implement level 90 rotations, we will have to level up all jobs to 90 first. And doing it without Trust Dungeons means an unnecessary large amount of manual work.
    Unless you agree to spend the first few months of the expansion without any updates in Miqobot, we would like to avoid inefficient choices.

So maybe Level 81 dungeon > Level 90 rotations > Level 85/90 dungeons?
    I’m sorry if I sounded demanding, didn’t mean it. It’s just that for me endgame rotations should be a priority as the Combat Assist is probably the best thing Miqobot offers.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by MTCruvinel MTCruvinel.

Xion
    Participant

Could be argued that many would like a dungeon for tome grinding before Lv90 rotation, as Lv81-90 level rotation likely is good enough like it been going on pretty good (imo) in SHB.

Andylynyn
    Participant

In order to implement level 90 rotations, we will have to level up all jobs to 90 first. And doing it without Trust Dungeons means an unnecessary large amount of manual work.
    Unless you agree to spend the first few months of the expansion without any updates in Miqobot, we would like to avoid inefficient choices.

So maybe Level 81 dungeon > Level 90 rotations > Level 85/90 dungeons?
    I’m sorry if I sounded demanding, didn’t mean it. It’s just that for me endgame rotations should be a priority as the Combat Assist is probably the best thing Miqobot offers.

While I understand because I absolutely love the combat assist feature, there’s a good chance Crafting/Gathering will go a big update in 6.0, and that’s the main purpose of Miqobot, to automate stuff like that. Right now I’d say my priority list for 6.0 goes as following:

Crafting/Gathering Adjustments > Lv90 rotations > 81+ Dungeons

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

There is no active voting period at the moment.

We don’t know what new features the Endwalker expansion will bring and what the community demand will be. All we can say is that Level 81 Dungeon support has the highest priority, because it is a crucial feature that will unlock access to level 90 content for the development team. And this is not a thing to vote for or against, because any other choice will simply be inefficient.

The priority for other features will be decided by the community after Level 81 Dungeon is implemented.
    By the time it will be ready, the community demand will most likely change several times, so any decision made today will be outdated.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

There is no active voting period at the moment.

We don’t know what new features the Endwalker expansion will bring and what the community demand will be. All we can say is that Level 81 Dungeon support has the highest priority, because it is a crucial feature that will unlock access to level 90 content for the development team. And this is not a thing to vote for or against, because any other choice will simply be inefficient.

The priority for other features will be decided by the community after Level 81 Dungeon is implemented.
    By the time it will be ready, the community demand will most likely change several times, so any decision made today will be outdated.

Oh yeah, all of the above has been entirely speculative, not actual decisions or “votes” per se. I was just explaining my reasoning.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

All right, thank you for understanding.
    We appreciate the feedback.

Arc
    Arc

I dont think there will be a Lvl 82 dungeon but next level would be 83. Since Heavensward the Dungeon levels have been 51/53/55/57/59 and their respective levels for Stormblood and Shadowbringers. Given that many parts of the game are predictable based on past behavior of the devs, its safe to assume that this pattern will stay.

Yeah, it was a typo. I was talking about level 85 dungeon.
    So as I said, 81>90>85 dungeon as the order.

Patto1992
    Participant

Level 81 > 90 > 85.

Please keep in mind that if you select this order, then the community will most likely vote against implementing the level 85 dungeon when the time comes.

The release of new expansion will bring several weeks of complete Miqobot downtime. After that, each dungeon will require a full development cycle of 4-8 weeks. And if you wish to see level 90 rotations, it will take another development cycle. So by the time we finish the roadmap you propose, the game will be approaching Patch 6.2.

Is there anything the community can do to help when it comes to things like rotations? Like a way to open up user scripts to implement their own, so that you guys can just put in on low priority?

as someone without much technical knowledge of actually how the bot works, just wanted to ask. I’ve written rotations for other bots in XML like with honorbuddy etc for wow back in the day, not sure if any of that would translate over to this or if that would even be an option without a heap of additional work.

either way, Love this project and happy to keep supporting your hard work!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We have already answered this question a few times.
    We would love to implement a custom user API, but tools like these are on a different level of complexity. It would require about 6-8 months of development for a beta version to begin with and all plans from the current roadmap would have to be discarded.

Of course, if this is what the community requires most of all, we can postpone other features and start working on it.
    But so far, our users have not agreed for such sacrifice.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

I wonder if, instead of Miqobot devs stopping development to create an API, there’s other ways the community can assist?

As an example, I read in another thread that the reason Miqobot only supports specific menus, is because the memory location and data structure of every menu has to be reverse engineered individually so that Miqobot can properly navigate it. Theoretically, if someone/some users from the community voluntarily reverse engineered an unsupported menu, would that make it easier for Miqobot devs to implement it?

Of course that’s a very general example, and would still be affected by development priority/other factors, but… Maybe it would help?

(Disclaimer: I am not implying anything negative about the development team. This is just a thought I had)

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by jponry jponry.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Of course, if you have the necessary knowledge and skills to reverse engineer a certain part of the game client, you are welcome to try.

Please keep in mind, however, we won’t be able to provide financial compensation or give access to Miqobot source code.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

Oh, no, I wasn’t thinking of compensation or anything like that. I just have seen a desire from some of the more advanced users to assist purely out of passion for Miqobot project. 🙂 Personally I like reverse engineering, it’s a hobby of mine and I learn it for fun, so that’s what gave me the thought. How should we contact you with that sort of information?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

You can contact us via the feedback form at our website: https://miqobot.com/#support

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.