POTD Solo Radar

Forum Forums Discussion POTD Solo Radar

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vega 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

vega
    Participant

With the artifacts for the relics obtainable in potd , especially in the higher floors, i wanna give the solo 200 run another shot.

WHile the radar for the traps works amazing so far, i noticed that the radar for mimics stop relatively early in the run.

My guess is that not that many mimics were recorded and sent to the database on higher floors. Is that correct? Or did i encounter some kind of bug or disabled smth. that made me lose track of them.

Which leads me to my next question. If i encounter these mimics. Will they get send to the database automatically? And how often is this database of traps and mimics updated for my client? Just curious if i will see the mimics i opened up myself next time i encounter them.

Any other tips and tricks would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Displaying possible traps and detecting mimics are two different features. They are based on different algorithms and are not related.

• “Show known trap locations” displays coordinates which may or may not contain a trap.
    • “Detect mimics” displays coffers which are 100% guaranteed to contain a mimic.

WHile the radar for the traps works amazing so far, i noticed that the radar for mimics stop relatively early in the run.

Miqobot stops detecting mimics after a certain point, because they are no longer detectable.

There are 3 types of mimics in Palace of the Dead:
    – Bronze
    – Silver
    – Gold
    Bronze mimics are evaluated client-side, while Silver and Gold mimics are evaluated server-side. Miqobot can detect client-side mimics only.
    Early floors spawn mimics in Bronze coffers, so they are detectable.
    Late floors spawn mimics in Silver and Gold coffers, therefore they are not detectable.

My guess is that not that many mimics were recorded and sent to the database on higher floors. Is that correct?

No, there is no database for mimics.
    They are displayed only when they are detected client-side.

If i encounter these mimics. Will they get send to the database automatically?

Even if a database for mimics existed, it would not be very useful.
    Unlike traps, mimics are not linked to certain locations. Instead, every coffer in PotD has a chance to become a mimic. So even if we recorded every mimic encounter, it means that eventually every possible coffer would be marked as mimic.

In the past, Silver and Gold mimics were evaluated client-side, so they were detectable as well.
    Unfortunately this feature was abused and used indiscreetly and because of this Square Enix fixed PotD more than two years ago:
    Mimics and exploding coffers are removed from game client (May 24, 2018)

vega
    Participant

Got it !

Ty for the infos

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.