Patch 3.25 – Miqobot Status

Forum Forums Discussion Patch 3.25 – Miqobot Status

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 8 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We are working to fix Miqobot for the latest patch as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Miqobot has been fixed, and we are performing final testing.
    Both v1.2.3 and v1.2.4 Beta are fixed.
    No need to redownload anything, just start Miqobot and play 🙂

If you encounter any issues, please let us know!

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks a lot for those 2 really quick updates, I found a little issue, Miqobot doesn’t recognise the new mount, the one sold on Mog Station only, Bennu http://xivdb.com/mount/74/.

When this mount has an Hot Bar shortcut, Miqobot can’t use it.

venoivixx
    Participant

I’m having troubles with Miqobot selecting the Gathering nodes with ‘Confirm’.
    She senses the node, goes up to it and then says “Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here :(“, seems like she doesn’t wanna use any of the “senses” either.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Hi,

Thanks a lot for those 2 really quick updates, I found a little issue, Miqobot doesn’t recognise the new mount, the one sold on Mog Station only, Bennu http://xivdb.com/mount/74/.

When this mount has an Hot Bar shortcut, Miqobot can’t use it.

Thank you for reporting!
    Bennu mount will be added in the upcoming version of Miqobot.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

I’m having troubles with Miqobot selecting the Gathering nodes with ‘Confirm’.
    She senses the node, goes up to it and then says “Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here :(“, seems like she doesn’t wanna use any of the “senses” either.

The behaviour you encountered is a part of Gathering AI, which tries to prevent being stuck when it detects mistakes in navigation. You can more about in Gathering Help section. (Scroll down to Gathering Nodes Blacklist.)

Would you please give us more information so we could help you?

1. What happens on a screen when you encounter this behaviour? Does Miqobot try to focus the node by rotating camera left and right?
    2. What happens if you don’t stop Miqobot after encountering this behaviour? Does she stop trying to focus the node at some point?
    3. Does this happen with every gathering node or just one of them?
    4. What keybind do you have for “Target NPC” action? You can check this in the game: System -> Keybind -> Targeting tab -> Target Nearest NPC or Object.
    5. If you could upload the navigation grid you use for gathering, we would help you detect the cause of this issue.

As for senses, they come into play only when there are no gathering nodes seen on the minimap. And you also need Lay of the Land/Arbor Call to be on your hotbar. There are cases when Miqobot will refuse following the activated sense, for example, when it’s trying to lead her into the wall.
    This is described in details in Gathering Help section as well. (Scroll down to Senses and Beacons.)

The easiest way to verify whether senses work internally is to switch to Monitor tab and press Lay of the Land/Arbor Call manually. If it works, you should see coordinates in the right lower corner next to “Compass” line. (Please use v1.2.3 for this, not v1.2.4 Beta because its monitor is replaced with Crafting State.)

Would you please confirm this to give us more details?
    Thank you!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Miqobot is unaffected by patch 3.25 hotfixes (Apr 05).
    There were no changes in the game client, fixes were mainly server side.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

Got the free trial today, here’s my fifty cents. For clarity’s sake, I’ve been using a certain other bot for a long time now. I won’t name it, but let’s just say it starts with MMO and ends with Minion. I set Miqo up because I want to grind the hell out of choco racing and the devs of that other bot flat out told me they’ve got no plans to support that.

Miqo is obviously very bare bones, but there are still some things I like. First of all, choco racing actually works, so kudos for that. I also like the clean interface and how fast developers respond to issues.

The font, however, is absolutely horrendous. It’s womit-inducing. Yes, I’m aware of the justification that you guys want to be different, but that’s not how you do it. Use a normal font, anything readable is fine, thanks.

My second gripe is radar. The fact that it’s 3D means that I still have to constantly look at my sides while hunting and stuff. On the other bot I use 2D radar and while it’s not quite as visually impressive, it’s a hella lot useful.

Also, the option to be “Always on top” above that miqo’te picture cracks me up every time. Keep up the good work.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Dark Desire Dark Desire.
    • This reply was modified 8 years ago by Miqobot Miqobot. Reason: Please don't name it, thank you :)
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 12 months ago by Miqobot Miqobot.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for your review!

Yes, Miqobot is still a young project, so there are a lot of things to be improved. We are planning a GUI overhaul once we catch up with the core features. And of course there will be an option to customize the font to your liking.

2D Radar is also an additional feature that will be released in the future. Both 3D and 2D Radars have their own use cases. The main purpose of 3D Radar is to support locations with 3-dimensional navigation, such as flying in Heavensward. We agree that 2D Radar will be more useful in battle and in areas without flying, such as dungeons and pre-Heavensward locations.

Thank you for taking the time to support Miqobot.
    We really appreciate it 🙂

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I like the font. Its not comic sans so thats fine. A setting to customize would be nice of course but its a matter of taste. Always on top – nice catch.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.