Ocean Fishing

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Ocean Fishing

This topic contains 39 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  KorisnickoIme 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    1+

Sorry, i dont understand how this works ” By choosing Bloodbrine Sea (N) Route, you’ll start on chapter 23. The Cieldalaes (D) is the first area of the Bloodcrine Sea (N) route, and also chapter 23.”

example, lulu´s show me the next route is Northern Strait of Merlthor DAY, how do i know where to start? the scenario change areas automatically?

Yes. It changes areas automatically. If it doesnt time out well for you, adjust the wait times. Norther Strait of Merlthor DAY starts on chapter 2 and ends on chapter 4. Look to chapter 1 of the scenario to tell you which chapter to start on.

It looks like:

//Northern Strait of Merlthor
    // Day:2 Sunset:5 Night:8

The 2 by day relates to the starting chapter.
    If the route was Northern Strait NIGHT, you would start on chapter 8 and Miqo will run until chapter 10.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

I was in Bloodbrine Sea / sunset – during spectral weather the bait switched from krill to plump worm. Shouldn’t it be still krill to catch the blue Seafaring Toad? ((Lulu’s tools say to use Krill to catch 3x Beatific Vision). But actually I was able to catch Beatific Vision with Plump Worm as well. Made 11k points (last place though..;( first one was 16.5k).

Maybe adding Chum when high on GP would help?

It should be a Pill Bug to catch the toad… ha!
    That might be a left over from when I was using the scenario manually and wanted to finish all of the tasks. If I recall, plump Worm will pull in either sharks or !!! bites which I probably needed. The key to the high scores is finishing all of your tasks! As long as you are reeling in with patience II consitantly, you’ll be top 5, unless you have some very bad luck compared to the other fishers. Also, side note; If you appeared at all on the list, you were in the top 10 of 24. :3 Far from last place 🙂 I think the only way to improve this scenario is to get double hook to be 100% reliable to double hook the spectral fish that give 4 fish per double hook. Many of them are 1000 points just for a NQ double hook. With Patience, it would be 2k for one cast. However, Miqo needs to be able to predict the fish based on hook times. We need to accurately and reliably hook the right fish and not waste 400GP on a 300 point total !! HQ Coccosteus instead of a 1,600 point total !! HQ Mopbeard. The time difference is 2 second cast time for the 300pts vs 4-7 second cast time for the 1.6k pts.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jakebnda jakebnda.

Whitesox
    Participant

Thanks jakebnda, understand now
    I’ll test now 🙂

Ray
    Participant

Thanks for this script.. ran it for my first ever ocean fishing attempt and scored 11k. Got the minion and mount from the run.

Now am I understanding correctly that the bait needs to be adjusted to get the toad?

fisher187
    Participant

@jakebnda – here’s a cool guide on Ocean Fishing – I wonder how we can add Double Hook for most valuable fish?

Check it out: http://tinyurl.com/zekefishing2

Whitesox
    Participant

jakebnda, this is not working here
    When he hits the final part “startFishing(6)” he keep spaming:

(21:23:04) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:05) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:06) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:07) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:23) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’

and dont do to next chapter. Ill try to change the 7min count to 6, but nothing changes.
    I’m doing something wrong?

adoboboy89
    Participant

Is there chapters for the Rhotano Sea Daytime route?

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

jakebnda, this is not working here
    When he hits the final part “startFishing(6)” he keep spaming:

(21:23:04) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:05) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:06) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:07) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’
    (21:23:23) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 3. FishPreset: ‘Ocean Fishing’

and dont do to next chapter. Ill try to change the 7min count to 6, but nothing changes.
    I’m doing something wrong?

You have too many Fishing Presets named “Ocean Fishing” It crashes because it doesn’t know which preset to use. Delete your oldest “Ocean Fishing” Preset or Rename it.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    3+

Is there chapters for the Rhotano Sea Daytime route?

Oh dang! Here is the update with that route! This is actually a good route for Double Hooking. I’ve heard that Patience is a double hook killer so let me know if you notice many !!! getting away in spectral weather on that specific route. I updated times to be more accurate with the 7 min fishing window. You cast all the way through until 30sec and it starts back up before 5 seconds into the next zone.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jakebnda jakebnda.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

adoboboy89
    Participant

I noticed that if I set it to 7 min fishing. and after 6:30 it continues to try fishing until the next zone, then finishes the remaining time of that timer then afk. If I set it to 6, I have those 30 sec where I just stand there. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    1+

I noticed that if I set it to 7 min fishing. and after 6:30 it continues to try fishing until the next zone, then finishes the remaining time of that timer then afk. If I set it to 6, I have those 30 sec where I just stand there. Is there something I’m doing wrong?

Change the afk time to match the amount of time you need to get you through the cut scene. Im running 7min fishing time with a 15 sec afk timer. It should continue to try to fish for the last 30 sec and should AFK around the 1/2 way mark in the cutscene.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant
    3+

For anyone who was having difficulty/needed it more compact, I reorganized the chapters to have all 3 locations in one chapter. No changes to the way fish are caught. Chapter 1 is the key to tell you where to go. Sunset is 2-5, Night is 6-9, Day is 10-13. I organized them in the order the schedule is currently. Also, note for anyone who got super confused like I did, on jakebnda’s scenario, there’s a typo in the comments in chapter 32. It says The Cieldalaes Sunset when it’s actually Daytime for that part of the scenario.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Feand
    Participant

For anyone who was having difficulty/needed it more compact, I reorganized the chapters to have all 3 locations in one chapter. No changes to the way fish are caught. Chapter 1 is the key to tell you where to go. Sunset is 2-5, Night is 6-9, Day is 10-13. I organized them in the order the schedule is currently. Also, note for anyone who got super confused like I did, on jakebnda’s scenario, there’s a typo in the comments in chapter 32. It says The Cieldalaes Sunset when it’s actually Daytime for that part of the scenario.

May be of aid to anyone new to using this to make a list of all the ocean fishing baits needed to run , as some aren’t the main three kirll plump or rag.

Feand
    Participant

May be of aid to anyone new to using this to make a list of all the ocean fishing baits needed to run , as some aren’t the main three kirll plump or rag.

for those curious its
    rat tail
    glowworm
    squid strip
    heavy steel jig
    shrimp cage feeder

I may just be uninformed but i didnt know you needed these

Polarwolf
    Participant

I have a “small” problem with the scenario.
    Sometimes Miqo uses the wrong bait even though in the logs it’s stated that the right bait is chosen. So far I only had this issue during ocean fishing.
    So I was wondering if this might be a problem with the scenario or miqo itself. Anyone had the same issue or an idea why this is happening?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by  Polarwolf.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.