Ocean Fishing

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Ocean Fishing

This topic contains 39 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  KorisnickoIme 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author

pussyfoot
    Participant
    6+

I saw a couple of requests for ocean fishing presets. This one is sort of manual in that you have to choose which chapter you want to run based on the Zone and the Day. (I’d gladly update the functionality if there is a way to call a chapter based on zone and time with Miqo?)

The other issue it has is that it doesn’t have the ability to change to two different types of intuition buffs. While ocean fishing (to truly get the rarest fish) you need a different bait for intuition during normal fishing and yet another bait for intuition under spectral weather.

I’ve been troubleshooting it for a little while now and it seems to work well enough. Came in second place twice, and 3rd the next time. Let me know if you find errors and I’ll try to update it. You do need plump worm, krill, and ragworm for baits.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by  pussyfoot.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PJ
    PJ
    Participant

thank u for this! been wanting something like this for a while ^^

dragon925
    Participant

hey, thanks for the this! question, how viable would this be for just farming points, i have all the rare fish and was looking for something to just go in and work on the 3 million point achievement, would you recommend just running the ocean fishing profile then swapping to spec when a spec pops? thanks in advance!

ocfsh
    Participant

also wonder what these other 3 profile are, which one to use, i use “ocean fishing”

i run the base one and seem to work fine, though time out and stops bot between scenes

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant
    4+

This Scenario is run manually per scene. Map the route using Chapter 1 as your key. Run the corresponding Chapter per scene. Simple and easy Ocean Fishing.

Chihiro
    Chihiro
    Participant

Seems to work pretty well, only issue I have is that I use this for points, so having the patience 2 is really not optimal, double hook would give way more points. Is it possible to change that somewhere or how is it determined if patience 2 is used or not?
    Also it does not use cordials, so using those would also help very much.

nvm I’m just dumb and did not notice the new fishing presets, edited them all good now.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by Chihiro Chihiro.
    PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

Seems to work pretty well, only issue I have is that I use this for points, so having the patience 2 is really not optimal, double hook would give way more points. Is it possible to change that somewhere or how is it determined if patience 2 is used or not?
    Also it does not use cordials, so using those would also help very much.

nvm I’m just dumb and did not notice the new fishing presets, edited them all good now.

What edits did you perform? I enjoy this scenario very much but it definitely has its limitations due to the Preset configs.

Whitesox
    Participant
    2+

hi! This scenario is able to do 10k points or more? just for the mount achivment

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant
    5+

Minimal Changes to Pussyfoot’s Original. Includes ability to catch Spectral Rares. Last run was a 1st place 12k run. I’m usually in the top 3 unless someone was lucky with bonuses. Hi Cordials are Preferred and check bait list to avoid crashes. If you don’t care about the blue fishies, then run Pussyfoot’s Original. Still have yet to catch a blue fishie, but only because RNG hates. 🙂

Whitesox
    Participant

Minimal Changes to Pussyfoot’s Original. Includes ability to catch Spectral Rares. Last run was a 1st place 12k run. I’m usually in the top 3 unless someone was lucky with bonuses. Hi Cordials are Preferred and check bait list to avoid crashes. If you don’t care about the blue fishies, then run Pussyfoot’s Original. Still have yet to catch a blue fishie, but only because RNG hates. 🙂

Thanks, ill try now 🙂

fisher187
    Participant

This is AWESOME! thank you! Is it possible to automatically advance to another step after switching areas?

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

Thats the next thing im going to try. We should be able to organize the Scenario in such a way that we wont need to search through the chapters after the first area. However, even with a 6 min fishing timer, things dont quite align well. Im working to time out the 2 cutscenes between areas to hopefully make a seamless 3 area run. A problem i’ve encountered is load times seem to differ between players and this makes it almost impossible to know what the timings are going to be. I had someone that watched the cutscene for about 5 minutes and everyone on the boat had to wait for them to finish before the fishing could start. I’d like to get it to run a whole voyage on auto, but this kind of throws a wrench in things.

jakebnda
    jakebnda
    Participant

This is AWESOME! thank you! Is it possible to automatically advance to another step after switching areas?

Ran twice with no issue. CollectableTurnIn() is in there just to crash the scenario on the last area. The scenario isn’t organized the same as the pussyfoot original. For anyone new to ocean fishing, use the Lulu’s Tools link (@ the bottom of chapter 1) to know what “Route” the boat is taking. The very last area on the boat is considered the “Route”. By choosing Bloodbrine Sea (N) Route, you’ll start on chapter 23. The Cieldalaes (D) is the first area of the Bloodcrine Sea (N) route, and also chapter 23. 😀

You may have to play with the afk times a bit to compensate for the time it takes to run to the edge of the boat, but I was able to make it with no problems. As soon as the timer on the boat hits 6:59, start Miqo and Haul ass to the side.

Still haven’t caught a blue fish, but at this point, it’s only because of my crap luck. (Please post blue fish your successes!) Intuition proc’d three times for me during one spectral current on my last run. Funny enough that whole trip was my worst run point wise @ just over 10k. (Was still 2nd place :D)

Here ya go fellas and cheers to Pussyfoot for doing the original hard labor for this Scenario. Truely, a hero among ToS Violators. 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jakebnda jakebnda.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by jakebnda jakebnda.

Whitesox
    Participant

Sorry, i dont understand how this works ” By choosing Bloodbrine Sea (N) Route, you’ll start on chapter 23. The Cieldalaes (D) is the first area of the Bloodcrine Sea (N) route, and also chapter 23.”

example, lulu´s show me the next route is Northern Strait of Merlthor DAY, how do i know where to start? the scenario change areas automatically?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  Whitesox.

fisher187
    Participant

I was in Bloodbrine Sea / sunset – during spectral weather the bait switched from krill to plump worm. Shouldn’t it be still krill to catch the blue Seafaring Toad? ((Lulu’s tools say to use Krill to catch 3x Beatific Vision). But actually I was able to catch Beatific Vision with Plump Worm as well. Made 11k points (last place though..;( first one was 16.5k).

Maybe adding Chum when high on GP would help?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.