No auto-reply?

Forum Forums Discussion No auto-reply?

This topic contains 12 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by r51093 r51093 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

PXht
    Participant
    1+

For such a basic bot, Im not sure why there isnt an auto-reply to /tells

Am I missing it somewhere?

Obviously some afking is necessary, but if someone messages you to check if youre there, such as a GM or other player to verify botting, why wouldnt there be an list of auto replies or responses? Or maybe it says “Hey sorry I was just about to log off! Send me an in game mail!” and then logs off. As of right now, the bot just keeps going, and if Im afk botting and someone messages me to check, the bot doesnt reply and that user sends off a report.

So, auto-reply? List of auto-replies to use one at random? Auto-log off after X minutes? Use X ability (like recall) after X minutes and then log off?

These are simple features I figured the bot would have.

That being said, I am enjoying the use, though the UI font is garbage and the tabbing is structured odd. The massive amount of guides and information is the saving grace. This is a super good bot, just a few things NEED to be in there.

Thanks

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you for your opinion very much.
    We consider implementing these features once we complete the core functionality.

Please note that even with these features implemented we would not recommend leaving Miqobot unattended. No bot in existence can be socially safe.
    Please refer to our Help section for additional information: Is Miqobot Safe

PXht
    Participant
    1+

What is considered “Core functionality”?

I would assume simple auto replies, or auto log outs after a certain period of time would be core. This is usually a staple of botting.

And yes, we all know not to afk the bot overnight or whatever but lets be honest with ourselves – this is what the majority of people botting do. Being ‘socially safe’ comes with features like I listed – it helps mitigate these issues that are very apparent.

The trick to botting is making it look human right? How can it look human if it doesnt reply? How can a human play a gold saucer game for 9 hours straight even with some ‘random’ breaks in between. They cant.

Consider these features. These are ‘core’. Log out after X mins botting is key.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback.
    We apologize that Miqobot does not meet your expectations.

Krude
    Participant
    3+

How can a human play a gold saucer game for 9 hours straight even with some ‘random’ breaks in between. They cant.

Wow, thanks for denying my existence. I’d never do it again, but before i found this bot, i did exactly that once.

Well not exactly, it was 12 hours.

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant
    2+

How can a human play a gold saucer game for 9 hours straight even with some ‘random’ breaks in between. They cant.

Hi, I once spent about 16 hours in gold saucer running chocobo races. Manually. Before I learned of the existence of this bot.

I also spent 7-8 hours straight mining, then several hours crafting.

Humans can absolutely do that.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    1+

So, auto-reply? List of auto-replies to use one at random? Auto-log off after X minutes? Use X ability (like recall) after X minutes and then log off?

These are simple features I figured the bot would have.

Consider these features. These are ‘core’. Log out after X mins botting is key.

I don’t really think those are core features. The core in my opinion would be “doing things automated” and of course improving those features.

Auto logoff is as useful as just stop botting and standing there afk. I don’t think it would add much to safety. Although I admit, it would be some nice feature, if I could let Miqo log me off cleanly.
    (currently you can kinda do this with a windows script which just shutdowns your PC or closes the FFXIV window after some time, if you need that:
    “shutdown /s /t XXX” – XXX are minutes.
    )

Auto replying is far from being simple in my opinion. If done good it might help, but it takes a ton of work, knowledge and a lot of conditions you need to be able to adjust, to make this a viable “safety” method. And if done wrong, even slightly, makes you more vulnerable to actually being exposed of using a bot, instead of preventing that.
    In my opinion you would need to
    – adjust the messages to your language
    – make it so, that you are not repetitive, but still answer to new whispers?
    – maybe then even ignore some whispers?
    – make answering special whispers from GMs for example a high priority
    – but answer smartly (you don’t have control, it’s just the logic of the bot deciding what and when to answer).
    – what about someone writing to you in a link shell or free company?
    – and even more, I maybe cannot even think of right now

And yes, we all know not to afk the bot overnight or whatever but lets be honest with ourselves – this is what the majority of people botting do. Being ‘socially safe’ comes with features like I listed – it helps mitigate these issues that are very apparent.

There is NO social safety. Even with those features added. I was even accused of botting, just for hitting auto-move (where you are just moving/flying forward) and going to my kitchen for 10min. I was flying into a wall for like 9min I suppose and someone whispered me, that I am reported for being a bot (without sending a prior message). I ignored it and it didn’t happen anything, but it might be possible that some GM decided to look into me, for a while, who knows?
    If someone is suspicious of you, for whatever reasons, he can report you. Thats why you shouldn’t leave it unattended. If you always log off, after someone writes you. Or answer with the same lines everytime someone checks on you, even if you have a pool of answers, then it’s more suspicious in my opinion and I wouldn’t even let a bot touch my chat window.

I don’t think your suggestion are bad, but to make chat interactions viable for safety it would require a lot of effort I suppose.

PXht
    Participant

Auto logoff is as useful as just stop botting and standing there afk. I don’t think it would add much to safety. Although I admit, it would be some nice feature, if I could let Miqo log me off cleanly.

Thats the whole point though. It does. Sitting somewhere and going afk is not the same as cleaning logging out. A clean log out through a recall and /logout option is STANDARD feature in a number of bots and has been for years. I cant remember a single bot that didnt have an autologout or a “perform X action at X minutes”.

And if done wrong, even slightly, makes you more vulnerable to actually being exposed of using a bot, instead of preventing that.

I disagree. Many bot programs over the years have made it a simple ‘if someone messages you, or if a GM messages you, log the fuck off immediately’. I dont think that exposes you anymore than literally sitting there getting /tell after /tell and not responding. I think if I messaged a player and then they logged off shortly after, Id think much less of it than if I kept messaging and no answer. ESPECIALLY if a GM does it. They have less evidence if you LOG IMMEDIATELY out than if you sit there and let them message you.

I don’t think your suggestion are bad, but to make chat interactions viable for safety it would require a lot of effort I suppose.

As someone whos been botting since the dawn of automation in MMOs (d2jsp, wowglider, wowgnome, etc) literally every single one Ive used has some sort of ‘someone is messaging me – alert the user through a loud noise or auto-log off’. I understand that it may be hard to code in whatever this software is developed in, but it is a core feature of a lot of bots.

And even if we ignore those, why not a ‘perform X action after X amount of time’? The bot obviously can control the character, use actions, interact with objects AND understands timing – why not give the option of an open ended statement like that?

I dont think its unreasonable to think that would be easy to integrate and work with.

blueh
    Participant

I’d just have it talk in a language that no one knows. xDD

blueh
    Participant

What is considered “Core functionality”?

I have spent 30+ hours online camping houses to buy, believe me if they have the will–they can.

Uxhak
    Participant

I don’t know if this is just my server but I have never been whispered about being sus for botting. Given I haven’t been botting long. Only just found out about miqobot a few weeks ago. But I’ve run scenarios all night for a week straight already and my chat log never has any whispers or messages from people talking to me. Given my FC is only like 5 close friends who know I am botting already and I don’t have much regular messages either as all the people I do talk to would ping me on discord first rather than message me in game.

Even so I think an auto reply would do more harm then good while an auto log out function I think would be nice as I can just have miqobot log me out when its done with a scenario instead of just sitting afk for hours if I’m asleep. Auto reply would need some level of customizability for it to be any good at all. and even then it would only be a temporary measure, because there is no way of predicting what exactly the person whispering you will say or how they will respond to what you have the bot say. I think this would ultimately be a waste of the developers time.

A better option would be having miqobot ping you if someone does whisper you and a pause function for the scenarios to allow you to respond.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

You can set up sound alerts for whispers in the game itself. I have various sounds for whispers, party messages, FC messages, and emotes targeting me. A pause function would definitely be nice, though I think it’s already planned.

Also, if you’re already using scenarios, it’s not hard to make Miqo log you out or exit the game – she already closes all UI windows when done with crafting and when finished gathering at a node, so at that point you could just use the sendKey function to pull up the system menu, select “log out” or “exit game”, and activate it.

r51093
    r51093
    Participant

here is a simple log out scenario it needs the use of a macro though
    with this logout scenario simply place the logout macro on hot bar 4 slot 1 and at the end of your given scenario miqobot will click the macro and start logging out now this Scenario is not 100% im still working out some issues where miqobot misses a send key comand but it will log you out at the end of the scenario this logout sequece dose not work with the “repeatall” command and it needs to be in its own chapter at the end for the “repeatchapter” command to work i hope i made the explanation simple enough it sounds like a lot i know but it is worth it for the self logout

the logout macro needed for the logout sequence is as follows

/shutdown

you can even add a simple chat command to the macro with something like this if you want

/fc Im off, good night
    /shutdown

i hope this helps 😀

and any refinement to the logout scenario that could improve reliability would be much appreciated, Also i use the simple down arrow icon in the macro selection so i know just by looking at it its my /shutdown macro

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.