Need help fixing a broken scenario

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Need help fixing a broken scenario

This topic contains 8 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

necrocorey
    Participant

Hey, I’m not sure I’m allowed to ask this, but I am trying to get into using scenarios, but I’m really struggling with them.
    I grabbed a scenario here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/white-scrips-farming/#post-16961 to gather scrips for me.
    I tried others but this is the only one that *reliably* works.

However, it also reliably breaks at the same part and I was hoping I would be able to fix the script myself. I know some others had a problem with the scrip as well, but the last post was in 2019 so I didn’t think I should necro the thread.
    I really was just hoping I could remind miqo to get on the chocobo.

Anyway, basically it gets to a certain scenario and it won’t mount the chocobo before flying to the next location and it breaks the scenario by running into a wall until it kill switches. This isn’t the killswitch messgae, but this is where it breaks. I didn’t want to leave miqo running into a wall and jumping right in the middle of town.

(9:21:03 PM) Teleporting to: 'Twine'
    (9:21:18 PM) Successfully teleported to 'Twine'. :3
    (9:21:20 PM) I am 'Miner' now! :3
    (9:21:21 PM) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 2.
    (9:21:21 PM) 	GatherPreset: 'Raw Triplite'
    (9:21:21 PM) 	GridName:     'Raw Triplite'
    (9:21:21 PM) DEBUG: Name is ambiguous. Count = 5.
    (9:21:21 PM) 	GatherPreset: 'Raw Triplite'
    (9:21:21 PM) 	RotationName: 'Yield +2'
    (9:21:21 PM) Adventure calls! I have to travel far away. (Grid: 'Raw Triplite', Waypoint: 15)
    (9:21:21 PM) Going from 15 to 15 in 1 trips.
    (9:21:21 PM) Woah! A 864 seconds trip? I don't think I can manage that. Let's try 300 seconds first, okay? :3
    (9:24:04 PM) (SCENARIO) Stopping...
    (9:24:04 PM) Adventure cancelled... Yet, I'm still full of energy!
    (9:24:04 PM) 1 trip more..
    (9:24:04 PM) Sorry, can't move. You told me to stop moving!
    (9:24:04 PM) Destination reached!
    (9:24:04 PM) Well, you know, I don't mind continuing it any time! ;)

Here is a screenshot of what the chapter looks like. https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/638384367848259606/683155110695665695/unknown.png

• This topic was modified 4 years, 2 months ago by  necrocorey.

necrocorey
    Participant

I wasn’t able to edit again, but I managed to bandaid the problem by commenting out the chapters affected. (7 and 14) It makes the scenario a lot less efficient, but it works 100% now.

kbotting
    Participant

I’m certainly not as knowledgeable as most of the people on here but I would start with getting rid of your duplicate grids, rotations and gather presets and see if that helps. Especially cleaning up your grids since it looks like it might be trying to use a wrong one which is giving the distance error.

necrocorey
    Participant

Thanks. I actually found out about the duplicate stuff today and cleaned them up. It was from trying to reinstall the scenario a bunch of times after changing stuff trying to fix it haha.

I never fixed the chocobo thing though.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Make sure that the grid is connected to aetheryte and has ‘fly’ waypoints.

necrocorey
    Participant

I didn’t want to make a new thread for this since it’s essentially the same problem as before just a different thing happening.

When using this scenario to gather white scrips: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-gatherer-scrip-farming-yellowleveling-white/

it will get to the “collect” part of the scenario where it collects the items, but won’t actually grab them. I have more than the suggested GP so it shouldn’t be that, but I don’t know what else could be causing the problem. There is no indication in the log that says an error happened. it just doesn’t collect.
    It also isn’t the problem I was seeing in the thread where people needed to gather everything once before using miqo since I gathered them all by hand first to make sure, and some times the scenario works just fine for 2 or 3 spots before getting hung up again.

Again the thread for the scenario is a year old so I didn’t want to post in a dead topic. If there is a better way I’m supposed to be asking for help I’d appreciate a heads up. I feel bad for having to keep asking the same question.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I didn’t want to make a new thread for this since it’s essentially the same problem as before just a different thing happening.

When using this scenario to gather white scrips: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-gatherer-scrip-farming-yellowleveling-white/

it will get to the “collect” part of the scenario where it collects the items, but won’t actually grab them. I have more than the suggested GP so it shouldn’t be that, but I don’t know what else could be causing the problem. There is no indication in the log that says an error happened. it just doesn’t collect.
    It also isn’t the problem I was seeing in the thread where people needed to gather everything once before using miqo since I gathered them all by hand first to make sure, and some times the scenario works just fine for 2 or 3 spots before getting hung up again.

Again the thread for the scenario is a year old so I didn’t want to post in a dead topic. If there is a better way I’m supposed to be asking for help I’d appreciate a heads up. I feel bad for having to keep asking the same question.

Do you have the collector’s glove ability somewhere on your hotbars? That’s what seems to be causing you issues. If you do have it then move it to a different hotbar and see if that fixes your issue.

necrocorey
    Participant

Thanks for the answer.

I should clarify that it will do the collectible part and get to the part where it has to pick “Collect” but won’t. If I manually click Collect, it will take over and hit confirm, but then I have to hit Collect again to actually *get* the items.

Some times it will stop at 20/30 durability and sometimes it will stop at 30/30. For some reason it just won’t finish the process.

I originally thought I was running out of GP but I have plenty left over for more Single Minds or whatever it wants to do, it’s like it just stops for no reason. It doesn’t even give me an error to report to ask about.

edit: I should mention that I can use other scenarios to gather yellow scrips just fine, and when I ‘very first’ started using this scenario it did actually work for a while before breaking. Maybe a full rotation of the scenario.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  necrocorey.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Even if you dont see an error its a good idea to post the message log anyway. Looks like your Miqo is getting stuck on some ability in the rotation. But without message log we could be guessing for weeks.
    So what does she say?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.