My grids don't get used

Forum Forums Grids and Presets My grids don't get used

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  kupokupo 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

kupokupo
    Participant

I’m using the trial and I can get other people’s imported grids to work for gathering without any issues but if I create my own, Miqo just stands still and tells me she’s looking for shinies.

I teleport to an aetheryte, start creating from that spot to a node I want to go to with a couple of waypoints in between so I don’t bump into anything, yet when I finish and set up gathering to use it…nothing. Miqo just stands still every time.

Can anyone advise what I’m doing wrong?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

What settings do you use in Miqo? Looks like you forgot to enable senses: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/#senses-and-beacons

kupokupo
    Participant

Senses are on :/

I’ve noticed other people have a ring of nodes around the aetheryte. Is this important? Could it be my problem?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Doesnt really matter until it starts moving. In your case its standing still and looking for shinies in the log right? It means it doesnt know where to move.
    Does it use Lay of the Land/Arbor Call/Truth? These are the senses.

kupokupo
    Participant

sorry ive got it working now, i figured out what i was doing wrong 🙂 my waypoints were too far apart. Is there any trick to make it not stop/start at each waypoint?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Umm sorry not sure didnt have that problem. Ive always placed them far so stopping wasnt an issue. The only waypoint that matters is the one next to gathering node. As long as you place it close enough it should be fine.
    I think it depends on the angle the bot must rotate camera when moving. If its too sharp it must either stop or risk jumping into the pit. Try dropping your FPS (like alt-tabbing) it helps on sharp angles sometimes.

kupokupo
    Participant

so you’re saying over a long distance (e.g. Onokoro aetheryte to Nightsteel Ore) its better to have, say 3 waypoints instead of 10 or so?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Of course why not. You dont have to follow a detailed path in the air to avoid obstacles. Just fly in the general direction of your destination. Use extra waypoints when on rocky terrain or when you want to split your navigation grid.

kupokupo
    Participant

Got it! Thanks so much Lyfox 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.