more command dungeons

Forum Forums Discussion more command dungeons

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by jponry jponry 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Zankul
    Zankul
    Participant

I know my timing is awful, but is there any plan to add any more command dungeons? Ideally the level 60 one. Would help in leveling an alt class up.

I doubt it’s a niche request, as I have to imagine others would want this too. The 60-70 range is the most lacking area. Whenever I am full on rested exp I jump on an alt class and run some dungeons. It’s works till about level 64. at 10 levels higher than the 53 dungeon it really goes no where. Then It resumes back at 71 i think. So just 1 level 60 dungeon from pretty much being all set.

I know all hands on deck are going for EW rebuild, but this seems like something that can be useful once things are back up.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

I would hope to get tools for making our own dungeon scenario at one point. I think, many basic attacks are detected, and most dungeons do not have unique special mechanics, so basic tools could let us make most dungeons into scenario, even if fail rate may be higher at times… It is a lot of work, so I prefer that developer focus on bigger features, and let user make rest.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

is there any plan to add any more command dungeons? Ideally the level 60 one. Would help in leveling an alt class up.

We haven’t discovered any viable alternatives to (Lv53) Sohm Al.

• (Lv60) dungeons give -32% of Sohm Al experience and thus are not efficient.
    • (Lv57) The Vault gives +3.6% experience boost, but the wipe rate becomes extremely high due to many mechanics hitting your character for 90% HP.

If you have any other ideas, we are open to suggestions.

I would hope to get tools for making our own dungeon scenario at one point.

Of course, additional tools for making custom combat scenarios are already planned.
    But they will not be able to perform dungeon mechanics until we manually implement each of them in Miqobot source code. Without additional algorithms, Miqobot will simply stand in acid puddles and AoE omens. So this feature will not allow you to farm any dungeon out of the box.

You can find more information in this thread:
    Open scenario scripting engine for squadrons/combat

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Of course, additional tools for making custom combat scenarios are already planned.
    But they will not be able to perform dungeon mechanics until we manually implement each of them in Miqobot source code. Without additional algorithms, Miqobot will simply stand in acid puddles and AoE omens. So this feature will not allow you to farm any dungeon out of the box.

You can find more information in this thread:
    <span class=”d4pbbc-underline” style=”text-decoration: underline;”>Open scenario scripting engine for squadrons/combat</span>

Would it be possible to detect generic damage from an attack by name, or look for text in similar way to what ACT does, and then have it move to a different combat waypoint? It seems that may be shortcut, over implementing all mechanics specifically? In some cases, it may not be enough, but for many, it seems it could work?
    Like, if detecting an attack called “Acid Puddle”, move to waypoint at least X distance away. In scenario, that could be like dodgeField(Acid Puddle,2)?
    Or is there something that prevents miqo from detecting things like ACT detects?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

The combat navigation module of Miqobot works as follows:

• Prepare the complete navigation mesh of the current dungeon room.
    • Identify all abilities currently being casted by enemies.
    • Convert all of them to AoE omens by analyzing their shapes and coordinates.
    • Identify all static dangers previously casted by enemies.
    • Identify all static dangers defined by dungeon layout.
    • Identify all AoE omens that are not being casted by any enemy.
    • Identify all danger markers appearing above character heads and convert them to AoE omens.
    • Identify all danger tethers and convert them to AoE omens.
    • Prioritize all omens in accordance to their danger level.
    • Apply all identified dangers on top of the navigation mesh.
    • Analyze the preferred area around the target enemy in accordance to required range and positionals.
    • Apply the preferred area on top of the navigation mesh.
    • Launch a pathfinding algorithm inside the navigation mesh in order to identify the best possible way out of all dangers while maintaining the necessary range and positional if possible.
    • Convert the identified navigation path into directions and keybinds.
    • Start running along the identified navigation path.
    • Apply any additional restrictions implied by dungeon mechanics (disable dashes, prioritize defensive cooldowns, etc).

This algorithm is executed in a non-stop cycle at a frequency of approximately 100 times per second. It allows Miqobot to react instantly to any changes on the battlefield and adjust the navigation on the fly.
    If you enable “Show Arena” option on Combat tab, you can view the internal navigation mesh and the underlying pathfinding algorithm at every moment of the battle.

There is no algorithm in Miqobot that would perform a dodge by simply moving to a specified waypoint.
    If you believe it will be enough for all your needs, then we can look into implementing it. But so far, we haven’t encountered a dungeon which would allow for a simple AI to be efficient.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

For my needs, it would be sufficient, even if not efficient. A lot of farming is unsynced, and for that, optimal efficiency is not needed, and so the ability to do this would provide a fast way to do this when most mechanics aren’t as important anymore.

Want drops for glamour/desynth? Unsync is perfect.
    Want materials that drop? Unsync is perfect.
    Want light farm? Unsync is perfect.
    Want farm for minion, mount, barding or orchestrion? Unsync is perfect.
    All these things do not need to be synced, and simple AI would cover it when unsynced.
    For example, I already made scenario to do The Vault unsynced, and it clears even without dodging, even if performance is horrible. However, with basic AI, performance would improve a lot.

Also you mention Trust dungeons not being possible with a simple system, because it does not do mechanics, and in some cases, that is true… But, important to note is that with some classes, is already possible to skip most mechanics, especially healer. Combat Assist and standing still let me clear all fights in the last dungeon as SCH (Not in Matoya relict though, there it failed at water boss). I just ignore mechanics, and clear it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will add your suggestion to the list of potential tools for custom combat scenarios.
    Thank you for your request.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

A lot of farming is unsynced, and for that, optimal efficiency is not needed, and so the ability to do this would provide a fast way to do this when most mechanics aren’t as important anymore.

I would highly agree with this. There comes a point where the level disparity is enough to offset any incoming damage, making mechanics irrelevant. No point in dodging when you are not in any danger of dying.

One caveat though is there is the occasional boss with a mechanic that is difficult to solo regardless of your level, due to the nature of said mechanic. The first boss in Amdapoor Keep comes to mind. You need to kill it before it swallows you, or else you die, since no one is there to break you out. I could see a simple AI getting stuck in a loop in such a situation.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.