Open scenario scripting engine for squadrons/combat

Forum Forums Discussion Open scenario scripting engine for squadrons/combat

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Karlo 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Karlo
    Participant

I know adding more trust dungeons to the squadron assist is not on the teams radar. However, I was curious of there was any plan to allow us to use the scripting engine to create our own combat scenarios. Looking over the logs from my last squadron run, it feels like it’s scripted just like the scenario editor, but I could be imagining things:

`
    (5:57:24 PM) #6 complete!
    (5:57:24 PM) Navigating to objective #7 (chest).
    (5:57:34 PM) #7 complete!
    (5:57:34 PM) Navigating to objective #8 (zonegate).
    (5:57:43 PM) Running through a dark cave…
    (5:57:51 PM) #8 complete!
    `

It feels like it would be a weight off the dev teams back to open up this work to the community so we’d see more things like Infinite Diadem. Obviously, there are limitations on this, as there are only lvl 57 and 60 dungeons left in squadrons until Trusts pick up. However, creating unsynch scenarios like exist for Garuda EX could be great for farming.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, of course, there are plans to implement additional tools for custom combat scenarios.
    However, it’s not as simple as activating a combat function.

First of all, the basic combat module is not capable of performing dungeon mechanics. In order for this to become possible, we have to manually implement each mechanic in Miqobot source code. Without additional algorithms she will simply stand in acid puddles and AoE omens.
    So this feature will not allow you to farm any dungeon or trial out of the box.

The dungeon navigator itself is indeed a simple script, as you noticed correctly. But in addition to this script, each dungeon requires multiple adjustments to the root combat module and several dozens of new algorithms that will allow Miqobot to understand and handle dungeon mechanics correctly.
    This is why it usually takes several months to introduce additional dungeon support to Miqobot application.

You can also find more information in a similar thread:
    Dungeon Anima weapon support

Karlo
    Participant

That’s awesome to hear. Thank you for the comprehensive explanation, I look forward to seeing the cool stuff you all work on once the support queue dies down!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.