Moogle Treasure Trove

Forum Forums Discussion Moogle Treasure Trove

This topic contains 29 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  zeroshadow 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    MookaMan
    MookaMan
    Participant

Is it possible to get one of the squadron dungeons chosen for the Trove into miqobot? If not how doable would it be to write scenario for it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

At the moment Miqobot does not support any dungeons included in the upcoming Moogle Treasure Trove event. And it’s currently not possible to create a custom scenario due to the complexity of mechanics.
    In order for such option to appear in Miqobot, we will have to implement all dungeon and boss mechanics in the form of new algorithms during a standard development cycle.

Usually this process takes about 4-8 weeks.
    However, since the event will be completed by that time, there will be no value in this feature this way. Therefore we will have to rearrange our development resources in order to fit this amount of work in 2 weeks.

Unfortunately, our community does not understand how complex this process is and what sacrifices will be required.
    At the very least, it will postpone all other feature packs currently on the roadmap: Upcoming Features
    We have a history of extremely negative feedback from every time when time-sensitive features were involved, so we are not sure if there’s a reason to do it again. If the community reacts the same way as it was during Grade 4 Expert Recipes release, then we would prefer to make a statement that this feature is simply impossible.

For now, we are open to suggestions.

grindeall
    Participant

I think you need to give the community tools, and not do everything yourself (there are many of us and it is not difficult for us).

As an option:
    1) create combat profiles for classes.
    2) create dungeons
    3) create normal scripts.
    and much more.

In my experience, people first use the interface, and when there is not enough interface functionality, they begin to delve into scripts (in our case, a scenario) that provide much more possibilities than an interface.
    Here, the script is just a sequence of actions, this script is more like the code in game mice …

The interface will never be enough, the hybrid option is the most optimal.

In general, here you can paint everything for a long time, I think the most effective communication now is in discord, voting, announcements, questions and answers, everything can be done there and it is much better than a forum.
    Even there, having written out all the wishes of the community (in separate phrases), this very community with smiles (thumbs up) will be able to vote, which is the most interesting now, you will have to choose the wish that has gained more fingers, honestly I don’t understand how you are guided by the opinion of the community on the forum.

A very convenient platform, many bot programs there have channels for contacting the community.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

I think you need to give the community tools, and not do everything yourself (there are many of us and it is not difficult for us).

As an option:
    1) create combat profiles for classes.
    2) create dungeons
    3) create normal scripts.
    and much more.

Yes, this is one of the things that we have tried to explain many times.
    Tools like these are on a different level of complexity. Creating an API to run arbitrary instances requires a lot more work than implementing a single dungeon. We are talking about 6-8 months of development for a beta version.

Of course, if this is what the community requires most of all, we can postpone other features and start working on it.
    But so far, our users have not agreed for such sacrifice.

In general, here you can paint everything for a long time, I think the most effective communication now is in discord, voting, announcements, questions and answers, everything can be done there and it is much better than a forum.

Yes, we agree.
    However, we don’t have human resources to host an additional community channel.

We would suggest to return to the main question of the topic.
    Would the community prefer Moogle Treasure Trove support to be released sooner or not released at all?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

I would love to see it released. Aurum Vale looks perfect for running with squadrons. So if i get it right it will delay level 80 rotations by extra 2 weeks which basically puts them after 5.5 right? Ok seems reasonable. Is there anything else we should know?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

So if i get it right it will delay level 80 rotations by extra 2 weeks which basically puts them after 5.5 right?

Yes, this is correct.

Is there anything else we should know?

This should be the complete list of things to keep in mind:

• Implementation of the dungeon will take 2 weeks after the event starts.
    • Working hours will be doubled. We will burn through the available resources twice faster.
    • Level 80 rotations will not be released until several weeks after Patch 5.5.
    • The dungeon layout and boss mechanics will not be fully optimized.
    • Wipes will be more often than usual.
    • Melee roles will perform poorly and may have problems with navigation.
    • High mastery of squadron tactics will be required.
    • Low gear level will not be supported.

Please let us know if you agree to these conditions.
    We have to make the final decision by the beginning of Moogle Treasure Trove. The voting period will last for 3 days.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Awesome. You have my vote.

grindeall
    Participant

I got acquainted with the event … if I choose between glamor and pets (and pets are the same glamor .. chocobos have the same characteristics for movement on the ground and in the air), I vote for the continuation of Upcoming Features, may the gods help and we will get to scripts.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

Few wipes don’t sound like a problem to me as long as bot would be able to finish the dungeon, so I am up for it as well!^^

jponry
    jponry
    Participant
    5+

I vote AGAINST implementing Aurum Vale and postponing everything else.

My reason for this is, you can speedrun Aurum Vale with a party of 4 blue mages with specific skills in ~5 minutes. It’s pretty braindead, too. Last Treasure Trove, I was able to farm 100 tomes for the necklace in a short amount of time using this technique. Here is a video of a strategy similar to what my friends and I did. Completed in 4 minutes. (Not my video)

Also, I could see that Miqo devs were really struggling from the community pressure to get grade 4 expert supported. I was in favor of the recipes getting supported as soon as possible at that time, because the rankings season lasted 7 days, and Miqo devs (rightfully so) needed a 2 week break afterwards. Treasure Trove lasts March 15 to April 13, which is 29 days. What Miqo devs said above, “Working hours will be doubled. We will burn through the available resources twice faster,” that sounds like another burnout waiting to happen.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by jponry jponry.

Risettero
    Participant
    2+

Considering how fast BLUs can grind the tomes out as mentioned above, I wouldn’t consider it worth the burnout to get this implemented. I’ll vote no on moogle tomes implementation, the roadmap seems good so far. In all honestly I’m looking forward to the QoL updates.

MookaMan
    MookaMan
    Participant
    3+

First I would like to apologize for any undue stress I caused due to this post. If it was simple process then I would be all for it but causing more stress and burn out I’d have to side with skipping this idea it’s small event and only benefits very small part. I vote continuing with original schedule.

jponry
    jponry
    Participant

It was an honest question so no worries 🙂

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant
    1+

It sucks that they changed the dungeons this time around, so we can’t just farm Stone Vigil, but thankfully I don’t need much so I’ll just go smash some PVP or run Aurum Vale w/ 4 BLUs or something. Don’t push the resources into getting that dungeon done. I’d rather have the 61/63 dungeon over this.

killviper
    killviper
    Participant

Sounds like a good plan to me. I’d like to see this feature. Blue mage isn’t something that the majority of people have leveled up as far as I know, so while it’s a good option for a few people it’s not an option at all for the majority of people.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.