Miqobot – Our Future?

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot – Our Future?

This topic contains 14 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Slynth
    Slynth
    Participant
    3+

I would like to communicate with the developers of Miqobot in private if possible. If you would be so kind as to email me I would very much appreciate it. I know this may take time given your current situation.

This war of attrition occurring in the Ukraine is effecting everyone, but as much as the price of gas is infuriating I could not imagine seeing my homeland being invaded and destroyed.

There are more headlines about a “ally” of Putin being killed than there is of actual news coverage of the war. Honestly I don’t doubt that Putin had a hand in her death as a rally call to invade further. My personal belief is that this war will not stop until the UN officially joins this war.. which may lead to an even longer conflict.

This does not bode well for our developers or this community. Miqobot is a restricted framework but a lot of people have put time into creating grids and scenario’s with no way to ever put them to use again. As much as I want this war to end and things to return to normal the reality is not that simple. This community will slowly die out over the next year and more and more people will turn to more harmful programs that have hacking tools such as MMOMinion.

I mean no offense to anyone, this is the developers baby and they have done an amazing job at keeping this community and project alive but now they need to focus on maintaining their own life. As a last ditch effort I am writing this to urge and plead with the developers to let a select few in the community help update the core application modules. Or if there is any way to assist in its repair please let us know.

I just want to keep this community alive and I am praying for the developers today, Happy Independence Day!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    19+

We have never denied any help that was offered to Miqobot project.
    This is probably the 30th time we read this kind of statement. And we have already sent all the necessary information to those who wanted to help us.

Unfortunately it always ends the same.
    After a few weeks of exchanging information and establishing plans they stop communicating. We don’t blame them, because they didn’t ask for anything in return. They offered help free of charge, so we can not hold them responsible for not following through. Life is unpredictable. Sometimes the circumstances change and people no longer have the resources to do the good things they wanted to do. And it’s totally fine.

We are open to suggestions and you can contact us via the feedback form at our website whenever you want. We will have time for another discussion after we finish fixing Miqobot for Patch 6.2.

But after so many failed attempts, we apologize for being skeptical.
    It’s unlikely that anything significant comes out of this.

Terrorbyte
    Participant
    6+

For me personally I looked into other Bots such as MMOMinion and they where Entirely too complex to set up. The fact that it cannot run alongside of dalamud launcher Instantly took it out of the running for me. The great thing about Miqobot is That it was easy to understand. I didn’t have to go to a Wiki page just to figure out an installation process that in the end didn’t even work. Miqobot Helps assist me with the needless grinds of the game, It doesn’t take my entire gameplay away from me. The Simplicity of the program is what makes it great, And for that I’m willing to wait.

iNight
    iNight
    Participant

I hope I could help, but I don’t know anything about making bot. I hope you can find someone to help maintain the project so the project can keep alive while you can focus on surviving. At this condition, I feel like Miqobot is way left behind with no way to catch up to current contents. I know that you are prioritizing to stay alive, and you should be, I really hope you stay safe.

Lukaribro
    Participant
    5+

That many people having asked to help, getting that far along in the process, and then backing out, has got to be very time consuming to deal with. I could see a situation soon in which it’s almost a necessity to stop even trying to bring new outsiders on, not only because the most likely candidates that all care about Miqobot to offer to help for free, know the requisite skills needed, and possibly have the time to do so has likely been burned out by now. It made sense to see if some of the well known and talented users that have been with the community for a while could help at first, but now it has resulted in what must be a fairly significant drain on the available resources that the Miqo team currently has. They are of course polite and understanding about it, but me speaking as just a user who is materially tied to Miqobot’s uptime, I will say that I am frustrated and disappointed in multiple people having not followed through.

I run multiple systems with a combination of bots, some my own to fill in for some feature other bots don’t (more like refuse to, for good reason) provide that were shaped around Miqo, and my XIV costs alone are a significant drain when missing that crucial component, and can’t just be scaled down for a few weeks, which usually I just wait it out during the routine and necessary downtime. Lately I’ve had multiple people trying to convince me to switch over to Minion, with even their high module and sub costs covered, but there’s a lot of reasons I dislike Minion and like Miqo over it.

My programming is not anywhere near good enough to offer help on a non-personal project, but please people (And I don’t mean you in particular, OP), don’t offer help to a project in a situation like this unless you absolutely plan to follow through on it. People’s lives are at stake here, so please step back from the normal, rational, emotional response you probably have to want try and help, and really ask yourself if you understand what you’re asking to do. If there’s one thing a lot of people can do other than voicing their support (I feel bad even writing this much in case it takes up and extra minute of their time and doesn’t help), it’s unexpectedly to not do anything. They have a million and one things to have to focus on, try not to add to it.

And again, OP, this isn’t particularly directed at you at all. I just have seen the cycle of people trying to help and it doing the opposite of what they intended too many times already.

Slynth
    Slynth
    Participant
    4+

I completely understand and I was informed I would be granted access after they finish updating 6.2,

If its not already used for Miqo a site like github would allow us (users that know how to code) to start working or at least testing certain fixes for new patches. Some people may have stopped helping due to unfamiliarity of how Miqo is assembled or what coding language it was originally built with.

I have Minion, and use it for a few things but Miqo offered the best option and was the most inobtrusive bot we had available. Minions reactions are great if you want to spend $200-300 on ACR, Reactions and get into higher level manipulation of the game.

For now I will wait, if it was possible to have Miqo on github where we could edit and test changes freely it would possibly alleviate the workload on the developers. Most importantly, I hope they are safe and doing well and I pray for a quick resolution to this war.

Soriel
    Participant
    1+

I would like to know if the Miqobot staff would be open to moving to another country and work from there. I know it may not be plausible nor would it be easy to realise right now, but I’d like to know anyway. There is nothing more precious than your life. If needs be, I second the uploading of the code on github (or similar). Unfortunatelly, I do not know how to code, fortunatelly, I have a friend who’s studying in video game programation (altought he is on a hard slope in his life right now, with all the bad lucks that hit him, but not as bad as what is happening in Ukraine).

If the Miqobot staff does move, I recommend not comming to Canada (altought we do have a suffeciently stable internet infrastructure).

CactuarJack
    Participant
    4+

They’ve already said it would be treason if they moved out of Ukraine.

Kiriyami
    Participant

Treason? How so? The UK has had so many Ukrainian Refugees come over to escape the war. I don’t think it’s labelled as treason…

bummies
    Participant
    1+

Treason? How so? The UK has had so many Ukrainian Refugees come over to escape the war. I don’t think it’s labelled as treason…

They said so in one of their posts from back in March. I believe any able-bodied man capable of staying are the ones who are being told to stay while women, children, the elderly, and the disabled would be the ones to escape.

From my quick research, it looks like Ukraine has barred any man from the ages of 18-60 from leaving the country. Permission seems like it can be granted under very specific circumstances.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by  bummies. Reason: Found a little more information
    Nowlflr
    Nowlflr
    Participant
    3+

I would like to know if the Miqobot staff would be open to moving to another country and work from there. I know it may not be plausible nor would it be easy to realise right now, but I’d like to know anyway. There is nothing more precious than your life. If needs be, I second the uploading of the code on github (or similar). Unfortunatelly, I do not know how to code, fortunatelly, I have a friend who’s studying in video game programation (altought he is on a hard slope in his life right now, with all the bad lucks that hit him, but not as bad as what is happening in Ukraine).

If the Miqobot staff does move, I recommend not comming to Canada (altought we do have a suffeciently stable internet infrastructure).

They’ve said that they are not moving. It is their home and they don’t want to leave it, hence their use of “treason” as they must feel it would be a betrayal to their country. On a side note, it isn’t always easy for people to just up and leave a country even in times like these.
    Let’s just let them handle things instead of proposing lifestyle changes. Support them in their decisions instead of suggesting obvious solutions that they likely have already considered and decided against for their own reasons.

Pujin
    Pujin
    Participant

No, its actual treason. If war occurs in Ukraine, all citizens are required to fight. To leave is treason. I’m sure there are some exceptions, from the legitimate that people can’t medically fight, to the disgusting like “we have a ton of money let’s pay people to let us not fight”… But in general, if you’re Ukrainian you’re required to stay and fight. They are even calling in expat’s to come back and fight.

The whole situation is horrible, and there’s nothing we can really do to help. If a foreign power lands troops there, Russia will start with the nukes.

lalabot
    Participant
    9+

Let’s just let them handle things instead of proposing lifestyle changes. Support them in their decisions instead of suggesting obvious solutions that they likely have already considered and decided against for their own reasons.

This.

It’s weird to speculate about why they are or aren’t leaving Ukraine. Paying $10 a month doesn’t entitle any of us to the intimate details of the dev team’s lives. We’re paying for an MMO bot, not subscribing to their personal blog.

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant
    6+

Can we just, not discuss the war and various aspects of it and patiently wait? I don’t think this is the place for these kind of topics.

They’re doing what they can to stay alive, that’s all we need to know.

Arc
    Arc
    11+

Since this topic has already been answered by Miqobot, and any further discussion won’t achieve anything but to potentially cause unnecessary conflict, I’m closing this topic.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Miqobot – Our Future?’ is closed to new replies.