Miqobot not using Lay of the Land

Forum Forums Discussion Miqobot not using Lay of the Land

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by PinHead PinHead 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dahbears
    Participant

Been trying to run the bot with Compass/Compass 2 activated but will not use Lay of the Land/2 even though it is checked on under the gathering tab. Am I missing something? Been looking through help but haven’t found anything as I have use compass checked on. Just will sit there idle when there is no nearby node and not use the ability although its on my hotbars.

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

Hello, I will try to help and start with the basics. From what it sounds like you are almost there. When Gathering with Miqo there are a few things you need for it to work properly. There is a great Gathering video as well, https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/gathering-video-guide/

*Read through first, import the Generic Gathering Scenario, and then if you are confident with Navigation Grids proceed with the below.

1. Travel in-game to where you are gathering. Select the Gathering tab.

2. Select the Gathering Preset, I have found that having a separate Preset for each gathering slot 1-8 reduces the number of generic presets that are needed for general gathering. “Use Compass” & “Use Truth” will typically be the only thing you need to have checked here. Gather by name can be used for special nodes that have an item that moves slots, I typically have Timeworn populated here for timeworn maps. I don’t populate the Skills section since I use rotationIfGP in Scenario.

3. Select the Navigation Grid, this is the pathing that your character will use to go from point to point. Creating a grid can be tedious but learning how to make your own will set you apart and reduce the chance of getting caught using community grids. Use Show Gathering Nodes in the 3D Radar tab when creating a gathering grid, this will help you find your nodes. You can also filter by name in the 3D Radar tab if there are a lot of extra nodes about. The Help forums has a tutorial on how to create one, the instructions are very detailed and can be confusing due to that detail, https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-navigation/.

3. Select the Scenario tab, select the Generic Gathering Scenario. Attached is a generic Scenario for Gathering, this can be imported clicking Share > Import and selecting the attached scenarion. Scenarios are the key to using Miqobot. Learning Scenarios will expand your Miqo use, you won’t be sorry. This scenario will use 2 different Gathering Rotations based on amount of GP available. What you don’t see here are the Grid and Gathering Presets, I select these manually in Gathering tab steps 2 & 3 before starting the scenario.

As stated before, learning Navigation Grids and Scenarios are key to a good Miqo experience. Please note the Scenario tab has a ? button for its help file.

I hope this helps and doesn’t confuse more.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by PinHead PinHead.
    • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by PinHead PinHead.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.