miqobot folder in temp directory

Forum Forums Discussion miqobot folder in temp directory

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Hello. I am wondering why you chose to have Miqobot save the radar and dll’s in the temp directory? It would make more sense to save them in the same directory when miqobot was first launched.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is an interesting suggestion.

These files are stored in the Windows Temp folder because their purpose is indeed temporary. They are required only when Miqobot is active and can be safely deleted later.
    What would be the benefit of placing them in the current directory instead?

remnar
    remnar
    Participant

Sorry for the late reply. The miqobot folder in the C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Temp directory contain files as shown in the picture I attached. Since Miqoradar.exe and the dll’s are a necessary part of miqobot, why are they in the temp directory? And the presets, are they backups or are they saved presets? If it’s backups then it’s fine being in the temp directory. Otherwise the whole thing should be in the same folder as miqobot. That is my opinion anyway.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, these presets are backups. You can read about them in our primary guide: Help – Backups

As we said in the previous post, the purpose of all these files is temporary and that’s why they are in the temp directory.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.