Miqo Goals Until Shadowbringers (Casual Gameplay Discussion)

Forum Forums Discussion Miqo Goals Until Shadowbringers (Casual Gameplay Discussion)

This topic contains 17 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  zylo1010 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    3+

There are only 44 days until Shadowbringers Early Access (48 days for regular launch.) Now that the last patch of Stormblood has been implemented, what sort of goals are you using Miqo to accomplish before Shadowbringers?

I’ve finally started Pagos and am using her to mitigate the grind’s effects on my wrists 😛 – I hate Eureka as content but want a couple of the relics, and Miqo definitely makes it more enjoyable than without. I will just say remove your AoE skills from your hotbars as it makes NM fates much less annoying when people keep dragging mobs to the boss. That way you don’t end up on a bunch of other enmity lists.

I also plan to start using Miqo for Palace of The Dead/Heaven on High solo runs. She’s really fantastic at stuns/silencing things before you can blink, so I want to see how far I can get through them.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    3+

I also plan to start using Miqo for Palace of The Dead/Heaven on High solo runs. She’s really fantastic at stuns/silencing things before you can blink, so I want to see how far I can get through them.

Her stun and silence are so good, I’m wondering if later one we’ll be able to customize them for a specific encounter, to avoid having them on cooldown when they’re mandatory for a mechanic, such as A8S before nerf.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    2+

Still doing every Job up to 70 with my 3 Chars .. still a lot to go 🙂

Cant wait for the next Miqo Update, hope it is getting even quicker than

Arc
    Arc
    3+

Same. Aside from the latest patch fix and occasional answers here on the forums Miqo has gone completely dormant in terms for Updates recently, so I’m having hopes, that there are some nice things still coming before Shadowbringers breaks Miqo for a while 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    5+

Cant wait for the next Miqo Update, hope it is getting even quicker than

We have been experimenting with different leveling methods, but unfortunately we couldn’t discover any significant improvements above Sohm Al.

• (Lv60) dungeons give -32% of Sohm Al experience and thus are not efficient.
    • (Lv57) The Vault gives +3.6% experience boost, but the wipe rate becomes extremely high due to many mechanics hitting your character for 90% HP.
    • (Floors 21-30) Heaven-on-High Solo takes more than 30 minutes to accomplish and has a varying wipe rate of around 5-40%, depending on aetherpool levels.

We have calculated the average time it would take to level a single job from 61 to 70.
    This data includes Armoury Bonus (+50%) and Aetheryte Earring (+30%).

- (Lv53) Sohm Al:                32.8 hours
    - (Lv57) The Vault:              31.7 hours
    - (Lv60) Pharos Sirius (Hard):   48.2 hours
    - (Floors 21-30) Heaven-on-High: 29.9 hours

If you have any other ideas, we are open to suggestions.
    Thank you very much!

Same. Aside from the latest patch fix and occasional answers here on the forums Miqo has gone completely dormant in terms for Updates recently, so I’m having hopes, that there are some nice things still coming before Shadowbringers breaks Miqo for a while 🙂

Yes, we are working non-stop to release new features as fast as possible.
    We sincerely apologize if our delivery rate is not good enough, but we are just a small team of players and there is a physical limit to the amount of work we can do.

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    4+

We sincerely apologize if our delivery rate is not good enough, but we are just a small team of players and there is a physical limit to the amount of work we can do.

I would argue that your delivery rate is impressive, considering a.) the size of your team and b.) the rate at which you’ve updated the combat beta since its implementation. Consider that Miqo has been around for years now, so in the span of its release the combat beta is still fairly fresh by comparison. I’m sure we subscribers sound whiny more often than not, but we don’t mean to be. The fact is that you’ve put out a remarkably high-quality product (your AI is so far advanced than anything Square has coded into the actual game that at times I look at the Squadron members and wonder why they even bothered) and we get excited over seeing what kinds of QoL changes you’ll release. For example, the Soft Lock targeting from the last update was ingenious and I hadn’t seen it coming.
    In short, thanks so much for all of the hard work your team does. You’ve made a lot of us who’ve been playing for years fall in love with the game again, I’m sure!

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

I would argue that your delivery rate is impressive, considering a.) the size of your team and b.) the rate at which you’ve updated the combat beta since its implementation. Consider that Miqo has been around for years now, so in the span of its release the combat beta is still fairly fresh by comparison. I’m sure we subscribers sound whiny more often than not, but we don’t mean to be. The fact is that you’ve put out a remarkably high-quality product (your AI is so far advanced than anything Square has coded into the actual game that at times I look at the Squadron members and wonder why they even bothered) and we get excited over seeing what kinds of QoL changes you’ll release. For example, the Soft Lock targeting from the last update was ingenious and I hadn’t seen it coming.
    In short, thanks so much for all of the hard work your team does. You’ve made a lot of us who’ve been playing for years fall in love with the game again, I’m sure!

OMG no reason to apologize!!!!!

Pls dont get me wrong it is quick enough already. And with the Heat of the Battle and the new Aetherite earring you get another 40% Boost.

A 3,7% experience boost threw the Vault can be neglected of Course.

So if i understand the Miqo post in this thread correctly, the next Thing we can hope for is an upgrade for the assistmode with higher styles Miqo will use?

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Yes, we are working non-stop to release new features as fast as possible.

Oh, don’t get me wrong. I’m not complaining about the delivery rate. I’m just saying, that since recently there haven’t been many new features I have the feeling, there’s something really nice coming next 🙂
    I’m more than pleased with Miqo’s delivery rate though 😀

johnb
    Participant
    2+

We have calculated the average time it would take to level a single job from 61 to 70.
    This data includes Armoury Bonus (+50%) and Aetheryte Earring (+30%).

- (Lv53) Sohm Al:                32.8 hours
    - (Lv57) The Vault:              31.7 hours
    - (Lv60) Pharos Sirius (Hard):   48.2 hours
    - (Floors 21-30) Heaven-on-High: 29.9 hours

In the past month, I’ve leveled 9 jobs (most were below 30, three at 0) to 70 using a combination of Miqobot, Beast Tribes, Daily Roulette, and HOH (with Combat Assist). Sohm Al has more than helped me stock pile Ventures for the next expansion (I currently have over 12,000). So thanks for adding squads. I would have never leveled those jobs without Miqo.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  johnb.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Sohm Al has more than helped me stock pile Ventures for the next expansion (I currently have over 12,000).

Ventures? You plan to release an army of retainers on quick exploration hourly, or there is some another way to spend THAT much ventures in no time?

johnb
    Participant
    1+

Ventures? You plan to release an army of retainers on quick exploration hourly, or there is some another way to spend THAT much ventures in no time?

Yes (on various targeted, and quick explorations), I have 8 retainers, and for the new expansion I will need to get them all to level cap. Additionally I will use them to farm skins and cloth (non gathering items) to level my craters. If I can maintain retainer up time around 12 – 15 hours a day. I can usually use between 2880 and 3600 ventures per month. I hope to have around 15K ventures before the EXP drops as I don’t know what I will want to use GC Seals on during the new expansion.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    1+

Sohm Al has more than helped me stock pile Ventures for the next expansion (I currently have over 12,000).

Outside of quick ventures there really isnt a way to “spend ventures fast.” They will come in very handy with ShB release tho as you’ll have to level your retainers, and with ~8 retainers, ventures can go by pretty fast.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Heck %) Well, I’ve tried to send my ones to quick explorations some 4-5 times, but loot was crappy, and so was exp… so since then I just send them to targeted ventures, and I target the most valuable stuff withing given “tier”, indeed. Of course it requires updating their eq every 3-4 levels or so, but at least you don’t have to rely on extremely weird japanese random (and also it costs 2x less ventures).

HalfDisabled
    Participant
    2+

Personally I’m looking forward to Heaven on High support mostly because no one raises an eyebrow if you spend 4 hours in HOH a day but it would be super noticeable to anyone on your friends list/in any linkshell that you’ve been in Sohm Al much longer than one or two dungeon runs could account for.

Anecdotally I’ve actually had multiple people ask me why I’m in Sohm Al so much these days and I’ve only limited myself to four runs a day.

zylo1010
    Participant
    2+

I’ve been running sohm Al for almost a month straight, non stop (aside from when I’m asleep). but I’ve talked to my FC and explained since I’m streaming my PC to my phone to play from work I can only face pull squad dungeons. Lag is to bad to do much else since the squad does all the work. Mind you I actually am streaming it to my phone so it’s monitored. Have a Blu tooth keyboard hooked up to my phone when I’m at work and just let miqo do it’s thing. I’ve gotten 6 jobs to 70 from varying levels (ranging from 30-60) and all the rest are sitting at 60 waiting on thier turn. I haven’t tried HoH solo with assist on. Might try it on my next day off.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 11 months ago by  zylo1010.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.