MGP Farm rates during event.

Forum Forums Discussion MGP Farm rates during event.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Kojo 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    noobygod
    noobygod
    Participant

Hi, what is the average farm-rate people are getting per hour for the MGP during this event? For some reason I’m only averaging about 45k an hour playing the logging mini-game. Whereas it should be closer to 50-55 according to my math? Are my expectations too high?

clementxd
    Participant

you have to account for rng assuming youre playing out on a limb, and margin of error!

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Do you run the game in the background? Ive noticed that when I farm mgp while running the game in the background, miqo will go for the lesser payout. Otherwise its rng I think

noobygod
    noobygod
    Participant

Hmm, yea I was running it in the background. I’ll try running it actively and see if it helps.

AkiZero
    Participant
    2+

Check if the FPS are limited when FFXIV is not in focus. You can change that in the settings. Miqo will be faster and more accurate the more FPS you have.

Repentant
    Participant

Curious if this helped you? I’m running the stock Miqobot settings for minigames and running FFXIV in the background (limiter off), achieving ~28k/hr (475/min) during the event. Looking at the post from a year ago on Out on a Limb, Miqobot was advertising 600+/min outside the event, conceptually meaning 900+/min during. Trying to figure out why I’m close to 50% what is expected.

Still better than doing manually.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Did you minimize the game to taskbar? Anyway the background mode is bad for this. It requires full focus for maximum rates.

Repentant
    Participant

I did turn off the limiter options in the System -> graphics settings, and tried both as the active window and minimized. Best I could ever get was 509/min.

I’m running 60min time tests to try to even out bad randomizer runs.

The more I look at the mgp-minigames thread, the more I wonder: Miqobot is suggesting 12.01 avg seconds per round, and 600+ mgp/min (non-event). That coarsely resolves to almost average 5 wins in a row for 625 mgp. I can kind of see that. Problem is that it isn’t taking into account the time at start, end and between each round, plus afk, plus movement to finer miner and back, etc. Not sure 600+ is realistic?

Super hand-waving here reviewing logs: each of my swings is 4 seconds, takes avg 4 swings to win, and I win a little less than 4 times per game ~= 64 seconds, plus 12-13 seconds to start, between wins and end ~=77 seconds avg for each game.

Given the stock minigames settings, what averages (MGP / elapsed minute) are you getting?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

When i farmed it Miqo did 50-60k per hour for me.

That coarsely resolves to almost average 5 wins in a row for 625 mgp.

Oh wait. Are you farming morbol? Yea of course you cant reach 600+ on morbol. Those values are for titan.

Repentant
    Participant

Erg; the minigame thread actually stated there should be no significant differences between morbol and titan, and I assumed it was correct. Also the bot defaults to morbol and I hadn’t thought of changing it. I’ll try titan and report back.

miqox
    Participant
    1+

You misunderstood the wording of that guide. What they mean is that there should be no significant differences between the 2 games at comparable difficulty levels, i.e. Out on a Limb at Titan difficulty will give roughly the same amount of MGP as The Finer Miner at Titan difficulty and similarly Out on a Limb at Morbol difficulty will give roughly the same amount of MGP as The Finer Miner at Morbol difficulty.

Repentant
    Participant

Fair enough; putting both on titan difficulty for an hour averaged out to 710 mgp/min. Definitely moving in the right direction.

I’ve uploaded my settings; how are they different from yours?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Kojo
    Participant

Anyone noticed that Miqo seems to get stuck in a loop of “Good” hits on Out on a Limb?

(16:09:00) [56.41% – Good, 53.58% – Good, 51.61% – Good, 50.79% – Good, 50.85% – Good, 51.44% – Good, 50.80% – Good]

Seems like it zeroed in on this Good and didn’t really try to adjust out for a Great, pretty much always fails the round when it does this.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.