Massive banhammer wave

Forum Forums Discussion Massive banhammer wave

This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  cowboybebop 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

i gather all day but its attended, and i switch spots often (actually leveling up). Then at night when i goto sleep i do the GC squads to level. Hopefully i dont get banned, but i doubt it since most of my botting is invisible (squads dungeons) and monitored when its not.

@snake when you say malestrom scenario im assuming the squads dungeon, any idea how anyone knows you were doing it, unless its the fallen out friend?

No real way to tell, unless you’re talking about it in game or with “friends”. All they can tell is that you’re spamming the same dungeon, and if they’re trying to engage you in conversation, and you arent replying, then its usually a safe bet that you’re botting. Tho all they can do is report you, and from what others are saying, a GM will try to confirm botting activity before proceeding.

Antonkell
    Antonkell
    Participant
    1+

man cant wait for the trust system to release 🙂

Take my energy miqo

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Just got issued with a 20 day suspension, been using Miqo for just under a month. Been leaving it gathering low areas over-night each night and then crafting during the day, occasionally running a dungeon. I was using the DarkSteel scenario for the past 2 days and I’m guessing that’s what got me.

I wish there was a rule (much like on most other forums): when you file a ban report, answer at least minimal set of questions:

1) How many hours per day you were botting?
    2) Did you use any proxy?
    3) Did you have any accounts banned before, which were run on the same hardware (not Miqobot case [yet], probably)?
    4) Did you sell any gil? How much?
    and so on… Otherwise it’s kind of hard to guess. Leaving account unattended means nothing. I see several notorious bots at our server for months (they were botting already when I was n00bie, still leveling my skills), and they bot every day on the same place, so…

econ1001
    Participant

Meanwhile, I’ve been spearfishing 18 hours a day next to 3 other bots who seem to be doing it for even longer

Moved 250 mil as well on sprout alts

• This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by  econ1001.

tuktukin
    Participant

I’ve been literally running miqo to the ground for quite awhile now, crafting/gathering during the day and farming sands overnight.

I’m legit tempted to do this, but also legit scared to do this. I’m on one of the crowded servers, so I guess it depends?

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant

may i ask what is the relevance of the question regarding using a proxy is it preferred or discouraged activity and why?

econ1001
    Participant

may i ask what is the relevance of the question regarding using a proxy is it preferred or discouraged activity and why?

There is some tiny amounts of plausible deniability to claim that your account was hacked a while ago and you stayed subbed for your house or whatever, and because it is different to your “regular” IP the GM team may overturn one ban

Imo it’s more a false sense of security

Flubber
    Participant
    1+

Figured out how they caught me, I was running a scenario and got stuck on a fence and my character kept trying to run/fly through it so someone must have reported it, a GM came to investigate and banned me. Going to stick to botting only when I’m at the PC now and every now and then running off to do something different so I’m not gathering non-stop.

They were talking about botting in the novice network and one tryhard was mentioning how he times botters and noticed how they all teleported at the same exact time on each node and always at the same times. So if you are using scenarios it may be useful to change the time you head to the node or add a couple of seconds AFK before teleporting.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Yep thats botting 101. Always check navigation grids for obvious errors like running through fences. Always adjust scenarios you download and make them unique. Sorry you got to learn it the hard way.

obama
    Participant

I will personally ensure every bot gets banned

cowboybebop
    Participant

Thanks, Obama.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.