Massive banhammer wave

Forum Forums Discussion Massive banhammer wave

This topic contains 40 replies, has 21 voices, and was last updated by  cowboybebop 4 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    Skateb3060
    Skateb3060
    Participant

Alright so I found an article released recently:

https://www.pcgamesn.com/final-fantasy-xiv/ban-wave

And I was wondering if any of our sisters and brothers were lost. I sincerely hope not. As we speak I’m farming mgp for the cactaur mount, so I know I’m safe.

Did we lose anyone from this wave or previous waves? If so I was hoping this could be a thread to share your lessons. What you think got you caught, and what we could learn from it.

Edit: To be clear I know theres a couple of threads with helpful tips from people who have never been caught. I was hoping for more of a Lessons Learned type thread.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Skateb3060 Skateb3060.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    Skateb3060
    Skateb3060
    Participant

Suppose that’s fair. only 28 out of over 10k were actually for botting. I didn’t see the actual numbers.

pyro401
    Participant

Botting is relatively safe if you are not involved in RMT. Just pay attention and try and do it safely.

snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant
    1+

I got hit. Fighting it now.

Otakugenerationz
    Participant

What got you banned, snake8503?

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    3+

What’s wrong? Snake? SNAAAAAAAAAKEEEEEEE

snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant

RAAAA RAAAA shhhh GAME OVER! What got me banned was the Maelstorm Scenario. I think it went too quickly turning in things. I’m using Unbanster.com to help out (they have great reviews) and luckily I was using a VPN (so I wouldn’t get disconnected). Causes some plausible deniability. We’ll see how it goes though. It was my main account too 🙁

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

RAAAA RAAAA shhhh GAME OVER! What got me banned was the Maelstorm Scenario. I think it went too quickly turning in things. I’m using Unbanster.com to help out (they have great reviews) and luckily I was using a VPN (so I wouldn’t get disconnected). Causes some plausible deniability. We’ll see how it goes though. It was my main account too 🙁

Lol I ran the Snakes scenario for like a full week pretty much non-stop during the moogle treasure hunt event… not even a warning. Are you sure you werent being an a-hole to others online? Miqo’s activity is pretty hard to detect.

snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant

I barely talk to anyone outside friends or FC while I’m not botting. I make it a point to be polite and be totally stealthy when I do bot. Hell I’m even pretty thick skinned when it comes to a-holes and just ignore them. Never said anything back to anyone no matter how terrible (I work in a prison so it’s nothing to me).

I’ll fight it though until I get it back. I’m confident I will.

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

I barely talk to anyone outside friends or FC while I’m not botting. I make it a point to be polite and be totally stealthy when I do bot. Hell I’m even pretty thick skinned when it comes to a-holes and just ignore them. Never said anything back to anyone no matter how terrible (I work in a prison so it’s nothing to me).

I’ll fight it though until I get it back. I’m confident I will.

Oof well that sucks! Hope you get your account back soon, I’d be pretty upset if I lose my main account Lol.

snake8503
    snake8503
    Participant

Oh I definitely am! Miqobot’s team allows me to stay competitive cause of my work schedule. They are godsent to me.

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator
    1+

RAAAA RAAAA shhhh GAME OVER! What got me banned was the Maelstorm Scenario.

Did you run it 24/7? Did you sell any gil?

I mean, I’ve sold more than 300 mil gil so far, and I wasn’t hit, not even a warning (knock-knock). But then again, I never run a single account for more than 12 hours a day.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

Doesn’t make any sense the first offense is a warning and a 10 day suspension. The next offense is a perma-ban. You pretty have to be reported by someone for the GMs to look at you. I’ve had throwaway accounts running nearly 24/7 for months at a time and not be banned.

Arc
    Arc
    2+

Doesn’t make any sense the first offense is a warning and a 10 day suspension. The next offense is a perma-ban. You pretty have to be reported by someone for the GMs to look at you. I’ve had throwaway accounts running nearly 24/7 for months at a time and not be banned.

This is absolutely false in every way.

1. The order is not Warning + 10 Day Suspension -> Permaban. There are 6 Steps of account penalty:
    Caution -> Warning -> 3 Days Ban -> 10 Days Ban -> 20 Days Ban -> Permaban
    They even have it written officially in their official account penalty policy on the Square Enix website:
    https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=68098&id=5382&la=1

2. GMs are extremely flexible, when it comes to issueing bans. I for instance got a 3 Days Ban, back during the Make it Rain Event before Stormblood was released for farming MGP for 7 days straight while I was on vacation (never even had a caution or warning before).
    Then about a year later, when the Ungarmax banwave struck, I got hit with another 3 Days Ban (because I used Ungarmax 3 times in one Savage fight we already cleared that week for the lulz), instead of a 10 Days Ban or anything higher.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Arc Arc.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.