Making gil with Miqobot

Forum Forums Discussion Making gil with Miqobot

This topic contains 22 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Dragonage16
    Dragonage16
    Participant

Hello Hello,

I’ve been using Miqobot for several weeks now, mostly to gather ShB materials and craft ingots/lumber/cloth etc. in bulk for myself (I like to be prepared).

Now that that’s finished I’m wondering how I could use Miqobot to make gil on the market board. I know every crafter/gatherer out there has their own secret recipe to success, and I am not asking you to share your number one method to make cash. But it would be nice if there was a thread here with a couple “pointers” in the right direction, because I did not manage to find anything like that after searching through the Forum.

Here is what I have found out (about my servers economy):

After checking the MB on my server I noticed that there are several hardcore crafters competing against each other trying to sell the green DoW/DoM facet gear, so even though those items usually go for 300k+ it would not be worth it because I’d be forced to check my retainers every 10 minutes in fear of someone undercutting me. From what I’ve seen 70-80 hq levequest items are usually out of the question, too. I don’t know if it’s a specialty of my server or something else but certain people undercut these by a *lot*, like going from 100k each to 50k each, and it’s done with 5-10 different listings.

I did notice 2 possible markets that were not as crowded though:
    1) Stormblood (60-70) DoH/DoL gear. I guess thanks to the influx of new players in ShB there’s also a need for older crafting/gathering gear because while battle jobs can be maxed out with those books from the Mogstation DoH/DoL can’t, so people interested in that need the good old grind (and the gear for it). Thanks to my material hoarding nature I can craft all of those easily and sell them for 100k-300k each.

2) Dancer/Gunbreaker gear. The jobs are popular (especially DNC), and the gear for them is just as popular. I managed to sell loads of 70-80 weapons for up to 300k each, which is insane because the materials needed for them are dirt cheap on my server. Armor is not as popular but chestpieces especially also sell reasonably well, though not at as high price as weapons.

In general I try to not sell too many items at once, 3 of each is usually safe while still profitable. Gathering did not seem to be as profitable as crafting, although I did grind the ShB materials myself (with Miqobots help of course :D). Turning yellow scrips into crafter materia seems like a decent choice, although I would wait until shortly before 5.1 hits to start selling it.

So now that I’ve shared my findings I would like to hear some of yours. All advice welcome: quick and dirty tips, what to avoid, what to focus on in the current economy, gathering vs crafting etc etc

Thanks in advance

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    1+

I just can say that the market somehow is simply destroyed on my server, compared to stormblood at the same time.

So for now i concentrate on my fighting classes do some glamour and wait for better times on the market

Knhs2
    Participant

I just can say that the market somehow is simply destroyed on my server, compared to stormblood at the same time.

So for now i concentrate on my fighting classes do some glamour and wait for better times on the market

Yup, the market is total garbage right now. It’s absurdly easy to craft right now.

tuktukin
    Participant

I normally avoid the high level gear and make the mats.

People always need mats, then of course there are the levekits.

garyblade
    Participant

After checking the MB on my server I noticed that there are several hardcore crafters competing against each other trying to sell the green DoW/DoM facet gear, so even though those items usually go for 300k+ it would not be worth it because I’d be forced to check my retainers every 10 minutes in fear of someone undercutting me. From what I’ve seen 70-80 hq levequest items are usually out of the question, too. I don’t know if it’s a specialty of my server or something else but certain people undercut these by a *lot*, like going from 100k each to 50k each, and it’s done with 5-10 different listings.

Levequests items worked really well on my server, but that was during july/august, so still close to the release of Shb. I guess more people have their crafters/gatherers up to 80 now so it’s less effective. All I know is that by simply crafting a few extra items while leveling it was quite easy to make a lot of gils.

2) Dancer/Gunbreaker gear. The jobs are popular (especially DNC), and the gear for them is just as popular. I managed to sell loads of 70-80 weapons for up to 300k each, which is insane because the materials needed for them are dirt cheap on my server. Armor is not as popular but chestpieces especially also sell reasonably well, though not at as high price as weapons.

What’s even more insane is that most of the time you can just buy the nq item at the npc vendor and sell it for a decent profit on the MB. Sometimes the market is a bit flooded and it doesn’t work, but sometimes you can just make a x3 or x5 profit just by doing this. It was especially funny during Heavensward with the drk weapons because it was a different npc that was selling the weapons for it. It would go up to x10 profit.

To answer your question, it might be worth checking the quests items for crafters for 1-50. These can sell well and people are more likely to buy them from the MB because they don’t want to start gathering and crafting a lot of stuff just for 1 item. So the price is usually quite high for an item that is now very easy to make.

clementxd
    Participant

ligae vitae lumber, dwarven myhtril nugget/ingot, and shb will always sell,I would suggest keeeping a stock pile of it, and wait for the right time by checking marketboard just once or twice a day. those are always in need. beeen working great for mne (500m of gil) =)

clementxd
    Participant

EDIT: sorry i meant to say lvl 70 SB leather or materials also sell well

Cyndrus
    Participant

Hey, was wondering if you had some more handy tips? You’re a great help^^

clementxd
    Participant

haha thanks, i mean it depends if youre gatherers and crafters lvled up, but raw materials always sell too, just gotta check your servers buy for that specific material or whats in demand and how often it sells, im on cactuar and atrociprator leather sells very well and tiger leather, as they are part of leve kits for the new players trying to level their own. Green glider leather/skins. Also check market board on how much the usual buy rate is, do they buy in 10s? or 5s or 3s or 2s more often, and post at that, but if you see that a specific item is flooded then i would hold back and wait as the market always changes, ive seen someone buy all the 2-5s titanbronze ingots once and all that was left was the overpriced that some people put like 10 for 10 million or some sort of way, then theres your opportunity. Also a nifty way is taxes, try sending your retainers to the city that has reduce tax or no tax rate at all, smart buyers will buy more from that city. I personally dont like crafting high level even tho im a omni, the flood of those weapons are just too much, youll be constantly checking your market board seeing if someone undercut you and etc

Cyndrus
    Participant

Alright thanks i’ll keep this in mind. Thank you for all the help! I was wondering if you have a discord?

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Also a nifty way is taxes, try sending your retainers to the city that has reduce tax or no tax rate at all, smart buyers will buy more from that city.

Problem is: buyers always pay 5% tax if they are buying from a city which is not the city your retainer resides in, even if retainer’s city has reduced taxes. These reduced taxes apply on seller only. Of course, buyer might as well port to your retainer’s city… or not, and prefer someone who sells at 1-2 gil higher price than you, but is located in his current city.

This is a question which troubles me for weeks, actually: Limsa or Crystarium? More sales due to visitors from other servers, or 3% less taxes?

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant

hey Gray how is business, as i sell up to nothing i think making gil and selling it for real money is dificult nowadays

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Not really – it solely depends on “what you sell to obtain gil” and “where you sell gil to obtain $$$”. Granted, I can’t farm as much gil as right after ShB was released, but it’s still far from “nothing”. Selling gil is a bit harder, though… I still can’t find a decent marketplace which a) would allow me in, and b) is popular enough among EU and US players. Chinese shops don’t pay more than half a dollar per mil, so I guess I just wait until 5.1 is out, hardcode players return and gil prices grow at least a bit. Don’t feel like selling cheaper than $1/mil, TBH…

clementxd
    Participant

agreed with gray, Ive never really thought about RMT, but i heard maybe playerauction is a okay place? oh and if you have any tips for me gray in making gil, would be appreciated hahaha =D

clementxd
    Participant

Also one thing ive noticed their has been a lot less of server visitors buying from other servers because the marketboard bot has been taken off by square, since people are lazy and cant check with discord, they tend to visit less then actaully going to each city to check out the prices =o

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.